Gamma Dynacare Employee Reviews

Do not waste your time
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Micromanaged by seniors who favoured certain employees over others. Manager always threw work on others to be able to get out early. Your expected to stay as long as required to get work done and try to avoid overtime pay (makes no sense). Constant bullying that was reported by many, but no one did anything about. There is no room for moving up in this company because they are constantly cutting people to avoid raises and benefits. Work long strenuous hours for little pay. If there is no reason to let you go they will find a loop hole. I witnessed a fellow employee being forced to quit because they wanted to hire someone the manager had a friendship with. Also the manager would ask other employees who they would chose to let go of they had the power to. No one followed rules, on certain work days people were allowed to eat in the laboratory, no one wore proper PSA's unless the presidents or health and safety was coming down. A few people had drug addictions and would come to work high or almost passed out and nothing was ever done about it. People came into work smelling of marijuana even though it's a "scent free building" and they do not tolerate drugs supposedly. During Saturday shifts people would leave for break and take an extra hour because there would only be 2 people in the department. Trailing was never complete for ANYONE, there are people who have been there for years and still require training on certain things that the manager never works on getting done. Dynacare is a toxic environment full of nothing but lazy money hungry executives.
Pros
Cons
Too many.
productive and fun
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2016
Productive and fun workplace,excellent team work ,friendly environment ,excellent customer service and great opportunity to grow and get experience with many patient.
job review
medical lab (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2016
love the people I work with but it is a job that most days you have to work very hard & expected to do a good job ,but it seems they expect more & more from their employees .hire people that don't have a lot of experience some times favouritism happens as far as promotions go not by experience ,sometimes people given time off because of religion ,like romadon ,given week-ends off but other people denied
Pros
paid mileage if you are a float
Cons
expected too much of
Do not work here
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 14, 2016
Gamma Dynacare has a terrible work culture at the London, ON location. The management is the worst that I have ever come across in my professional career. Micromanagement at its best.

Senior staff refuse to do certain duties that are requirements of their position and leave it for part time workers and new staff. The employee engagement and turnover are enough to let you know that this employer is terrible. There is tremendous amount of favouritism and those employees seem to never do their job but get away with it.

There is a lot of bullying, rampant gossip and extreme negativity in most departments within the building. This location is also downsizing and from what I understand will be closing in the next year or so.

Do yourself a favour and please avoid this place. Regardless of your work ability and ethic, this place is a thankless environment. The more you do the less senior staff will do and then they will expect you to do most of the work.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Easy going place and well managed
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2015
Every morning, 5 days a week,I had 7:30 to 3:30 pm shifts.
I loved working over there. I had a perfect management team and excellent co-workers. Every body was nice and helpful especially when I started. I learned how to be a team-worker and a reliable employee. It was always a great experience for me.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
regular shift ( 8 hours )
Managers are not qualified and rarely know what to do!
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 18, 2015
I worked here for many years and the managers were bullies and often talked down to staff. The staff had more education and training than the managers but could do nothing about it. They work you to the bone and only care about quantity and not quality. They look for ways to get rid of staff that have been there for long periods of time so they can get rid of them and hire new grads or inexperienced workers to work on contract and for less money. The upper management is constantly telling staff that they have to save money and be lean making everyone fear for their jobs.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Constantly being told to do more in your shift. If you don't being called into the managers office.
not good
assessioner (Former Employee) –  winnipeg manitobaAugust 4, 2015
Company was bought out in Manitoba and before the transition they evaluated those they felt were asking 2 much for the job even though they were not only qualified but did the job well. They decide to pay staff minimal along with not care weather or not you can afford benefits. There is no room for advancement just transfers of which they will not pay a dime more. Not to mention it is a very lame environment with staff not caring to meet a higher expectation then what they are given. No respect as well as care for one another.
Pros
staff try and keep it together
Cons
horrible place
chalenging
Regional trainer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2015
it is a fast passed environment, with lots to learn and a short time to get things done right. people lives are at stake. the people are great.
Pros
people
Cons
stress beyond streess
Great workplace that is flexible and fun to work in.
Medical Laboratory Transporter (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 26, 2015
For me working at Gamma Dynacare consists of me going in getting all the things I need for the day and getting out on the road. I go to various medical laboratories and dropping off specimen. Throughout the day, I am communicating with a coworker and informing him/her of my activities. The hardest part I would say is trying to ensure that everything is completed within a specific time frame. However, this challenge has given me a lot of practice in prioritizing my time and has taught me to stay on top of things.
no care for employees
PHLEBOTOMIST/PATIENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2015
Great pay and benefits but felt the company did not appreciate the hard working employees.
Employees that were there for many years were untouchable and did not work as hard as newer employees.
Horrible place to work...too much micromanagement and double standards
Lab tech (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 22, 2015
Many senior employees do NOT do what it takes to get the job done and dump their workloads on newer employees. When hired I was told the company hires and promotes employees based on qualifications and performance - not seniority. This was simply not true. I was not doing the job I was supposedly hired for in my interview. Instead, I was stuck doing the same repetitive task everyday simply because senior employees refused to do their job. Employees are expected to work extra hours to finish work but overtime is subsequently cut from paycheques in an attempt to save money. Employees at the lower level are treated like garbage with little to no benefits - even some people working here for more than 5-10 years do not have benefits.The upper-level management enjoys all the perks at the expense of lower-level employees. This company truly does not care for people - especially it's own. Many unqualified people are hired simply because of who they know and not Bc of their qualifications. Gamma-Dynacare ONLY cares about their bottom line and lining the pockets of its many presidents and vice presidents while making cuts in the departments that Matter MOST. Definitely not worthy of being a top 100 employer. Vast majority of employees feel this way!
Pros
slightly higher than minimum wage
Cons
too many to list
Friendly and knowledgeble staff
Student on Practicum (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Friendly atmosphare and good vorking condition. Co-workers are helpful and informative. Safe and positive attitudes.
Productive and Never boring fast paced work environment.
Medical Assistant - Clinical Placement (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Great to do my placement.

Prepared samples for shipping, labeling specimens. Collecting specimens.

Stocking of supplies, keeping a clean work environment.

Followed safety procaustions.
Pros
learned alot
good time
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronro, ONJanuary 5, 2015
I worked as intern in Gamma dynacare I found fast paced but very friendly environment never felt pressure very easy going staff and management
Respectful and professional environment with only the best employees whom have an excellent talent for making the patients feel at ease & comfortable.
Specimen Processing. (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 22, 2014
While i was given the opportunity to complete my Co-op placement hours at Gamma - Dynacare, it was for a total of four short weeks (150 hours). I was assigned with one of the long - time employees to train not only giving direct instructions but to help me understand fully & answer any questions i had. In specimen processing, I started out at labeling which was probably my least favorite of the work tasks. I got to learn how we entered the specimen in the computer system, sent tests to be centrifuged, as well as operated the centrifuge myself. My favorite parts were bar-coding and receiving shipments of specimens. Bar-coding was the final procedure in this department, so it was critical that you poured off the correct specimens, placed them in the correct department for testing and ALWAYS double check everything before sending it off. It was an amazing experience to actually work in a laboratory facility such as gamma, It gave me an idea of how employment will be out there and the hands on learning experience which helped improve on my techniques and performance. By the third week in to my placement i already was treated and felt as though i had just started a new employment. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember where each test was being sent & whether the test had special requirements. They had an excellent manager and staff.
Pros
reasonable hourly wages and the ability to always learn something & begin a new challenge everyday.
Cons
scheduled shifts late at night make it more difficult when you require public transportation.
Never work here
CLA (Former Employee) –  LondonSeptember 2, 2014
During my time here my job was used to threaten me multiple times. Hours were extremely erratic, and management was micromanaged and lacked direction. Working here you are constantly in a position of you're damned if you do and damned if you don't so if management doesnt want you there anymore they will have a reason to cut you. I dont believe the company itself is bad, just the London location. Honestly the worst place I ever worked
Only as a Last Resort
CLA (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 24, 2014
Worst place I've ever worked. Frequent intimidation and bullying, seeing co-workers crying was common. Like being stuck in an abusive relationship. I quit after 3 years of thinking it would get better.
Pros
it's a job.
Cons
it's just not worth it.
Productive, Efficiently And accurate
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 4, 2014
Good place to work, Nice people and friendly environment.
Clean and safety Consciousness, Very Systematic and organize.
over worked and under paid
lab tech (Former Employee) –  torontoMarch 3, 2014
Constantly staying over time to get work done.

No real direction and lack of true leadership.
Pros
a job
Cons
indecisive management
Monkeys and bananas!
lab tech (Former Employee) –  londonFebruary 14, 2014
Working at gamma was like being on the Mickey mouse clubhouse! Uneducated hires whom barely passed their course. So many cackling hens. A lot of favoritism and workplace bullies. This company is not a stable job and is only suitable for newly graduated students trying to gain some experience. Very unprofessional workplace with cheap payroll and shady management. . UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING USED AND THEN THROWN AWAY; get your OSMT or CMLTO and apply at a more respectful environment like the hospital.

BEWARE OF GDML