Gamiing Nature Centre shares the enjoyment and importance of living in harmony with nature. Gamiing is a non-profit charitable organization that works with individuals, community groups and other interested parties toward understanding and participation in practices that balance human needs with the needs of wildlife and ecosystems. Gamiing is currently inviting applicants to apply for a 6 month contract position through the federal government’s Career Focus program. Under this program the successful applicant must meet certain criteria. The applicant must be under 30 years old and cannot have collected unemployment insurance within the last 5 years.
- Assist in creating and maintaining habitat for species at risk.
- Assist in flora and fauna inventories.
- Assist with educational programs for schools and during summer camps.
- Assist with nursery operation and property management as needed.
- Diploma or degree in Fish and Wildlife, Biology, or a related environmental field.
- Experience collecting data/samples on vegetation, fauna, water, and soil.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; positive and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work on a project team as well as independently.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions.
- Reasonable level of physical fitness.
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Must have transportation
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume by Tuesday, May 21st, 2013.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard