Are you interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work for a world-class company in a fun, rewarding environment in Toronto? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles, is seeking a Social Game Designer to join our Toronto Studio.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Social Game Designer brings expertise and creativity to the challenges, production and accessibility of a social/freemium game, while working closely with artists and developers.
- Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game
- Documentation, script writer, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, social features, reward structure, accessibility, viral aspects, monetization
- Creating a game that is appealing, immersive and meets players’ expectations while respecting the technical capabilities of the platform
- Maintain a strong communication with the different department leads (Producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors)
- Keep updated all documents of the project and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game for an overall quality
- Benchmarking: documenting and analyzing the competition
- Explore new game ideas. Research and development, participate to market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas
- Good knowledge in game design (playability, learning curve, production, difficulty management, pacing, rewards, accessibility, etc…)
- Study diploma in one of the following: Computer science, multimedia, computer graphics, video games or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in a video game company as a Game or Level Designer
- Experience in game creation. At least one of the following choices:
- Professional game;
- Personal projects (college, home-made, etc.);
- Level-design and/or MOD (Quake, Unreal, Warcraft, Half-Life, etc.);
- Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia)
- Knowledge of the workings of social networks
- Passion for video games! Handheld games are a must
- Desire and aptitude to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing, fast-paced creative environment
- Able to work under pressure and open to come do occasional over-time
- Able to convey ideas concisely and analyze them in detail
- Able to communicate easily in a visual manner
- Able to listen to comments from other team members and take them into account while being able to criticize your own work to improve its quality
- Open-spirit and love team-working
- Have a strong imagination!
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 3,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.
Indeed - 13 months ago