Are you interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work for a world-class company in a fun, rewarding environment in Toronto? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and console, is seeking an Online Support Lead to join our Toronto Studio.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Online Systems Manager, the successful candidate will lead the support efforts for the services that make up the Online platform. The candidate will be tasked with managing the provision of first-line support for game developers using the Online platform as well as analyzing game developers' needs and proposing new features and services to the Online Platform team. Working in collaboration with remote teams all over the globe, the individual selected must have good communication skills and be able to rapidly and effectively discharge the dual responsibilities of supporting client game teams and maintaining platform stability.
Skills and profile
- University Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering;
- 4-6 years of experience building and leading web-related development in one of Java;
- C/C++, Python, Ruby or PHP;
- Able to manage multiple projects through entire development life cycle;
- Able to supervise, train, co-ordinate and mentor team members;
- Excellent knowledge of web technologies like CSS, XHTML, JS, AJAX, REST, jQuery;
- Good user interface design skills;
- Excellent object oriented design and architecture skills;
- Excellent programming skills and able to produce high quality code;
- Excellent knowledge of source control tools (such as Subversion, Mercurial, Git, etc.);
- Excellent grasp of unit testing (including test-first methodologies);
- Good knowledge of network protocols and issues;
- Good communication and organization skills;
- Able to work quickly and under pressure
- Knowledge of iPhone/iPad technology;
- Experience in the Video Game Industry
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6
months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.