Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is currently looking for a Library Developer to join our CRM (Customer Relation Management) team in Toronto. This is a key component of the architecture of all of our games. This team builds the core components that are leveraged in Toronto and throughout the world to enable dynamic content and functionality as well as to enhance gameplay experiences.
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Gameloft Toronto Lead Core Technical Engineer, the successful Library Developer will be called upon to:
- Plan, document and implement features required for Toronto studio games in core libraries;
- Work with local Toronto teams to ensure that library integration is done correctly;
- Participate in global discussions about the interaction of those features and features in other games for other studios;
- Maintain open lines of communication and coordination with our global library development team in BUC, Romania;
- Integrate the comments and requirements elaborated by HQ and global leads;
- Work with the global Online team to ensure that functionality used in Toronto games corresponds to the global design goals and strategy;
- Work with the global CRM team to ensure that required functionality is present;
- Work with the global Ecomm team to ensure that required functionality is present.
In the course of working on features for Toronto-based games, the developer may be called upon to assist in debugging or patching code in local games during integration with the library as well as remote teams who may be working on evolutions of Toronto games, or Toronto teams working with evolutions of games from other studios.
In the event that code written by the Library Developer is used in other projects or games, the developer may be called upon to do minimal work with remote teams to ensure the correct integration/implementation of the library in the other game.
- 3 years of professional programming experience (strong knowledge of C & C++);
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience;
- Good system architecture skills, must be able to demonstrate experience designing key systems;
- Very strong debugging and optimization skills;
- Good understanding of multithreaded programming and asynchronous communication;
- Experience writing cross platform code(iOS, android, etc.);
- Experience in testing techniques (unit testing) and ability to create adequate testing tools;
- Knowledge of Php and Web technologies (http, json, ssl) is an asset.
- Strong communication skills (written) and interest to work on a highly intercultural environment;
- Experience working with remote teams and remote management;
- Organized, self-reliant and team player;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.