Are you interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work for a world-class company in a fun, rewarding environment in Toronto? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles, is seeking a Lead UI Artist to join our Toronto Studio. The Lead UI Artist will report to the Art Director and will be responsible for guaranteeing the quality and consistency of UI assets for the entire games lineup of the Toronto Studio.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- The incumbent will lead the local UI team and work closely with the Worldwide Art Direction and Design teams to ensure the highest quality UI graphics defining the look and feel of the menus of each game while paying special attention to the quality of the User experience;
- Will be responsible for creating art assets for menus, icons and in-game HUDs, in addition to ensuring upcoming titles' usability by designing intuitive, attractive and innovative UI systems;
- Provide direction for the UI Team and ensure deadlines are met;
- Communicate with management and HQ on a daily basis;
- Assist in the recruitment process by reviewing applicant resumes, completed tests and will also be involved in the interview process.
Skills and Profile
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Videogame UI Artist with two or more shipped titles;
- Previous leading role experience is essential;
- Must possess strong illustration skills, sophisticated design and typographic sensibilities;
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DSMax and Flash;
- Ability to create easy-to-use interfaces from prototyping to implementation;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively and lead a team of UI Designers;
- Should possess excellent colour management skills;
- Familiarity with new trends and casual gaming;
- A background in graphic design is a plus;
- Must provide a solid and consistent body of relevant illustration, graphic design and UI work;
- Nuanced understanding of current trends in user interface design;
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive;
- Works well under deadline pressure;
- Must possess a passion for games.
- Hold a traditional Art degree;
- Experience with After Effects;
- Previous experience as a videogame 2D artist.
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 3,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.