Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is currently looking for a Lead Core Technical Engineer (Online) to join our team in Toronto.
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Lead Core Technical Engineer will lead a team of core Engineers who work closely with Game Engineers to design and implement core libraries for use in cross platform games. The incumbent will respond to the changing demands of the game teams to implement general, optimal solutions to common problems and provide a consistent API standard.
Will report to the Toronto Technical Manager.
- Develop core libraries in C and C++;
- Design and implement robust APIs;
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for multiple core systems (Social, Comms, Ads, Tracking, etc.);
- Respond to requirements of multiple game development teams and provide solutions quickly.
- 4 years’ of professional programming experience (strong knowledge of C & C++);
- Excellent system architecture skills, must be able to demonstrate experience designing key systems;
- Very strong debugging and optimization skills;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded programming and asynchronous communication;
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- Personal interest in video games and a solid understanding of game development culture;
- Experience writing cross platform code(iOS, android, Xbox, PS3 , PSP®, Nintendo DS, etc.);
- Experience working with remote teams;
- Able to provide code sample of API and documentation written by applicant.
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.