Are you interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work for a world-class company in a fun, rewarding environment in Toronto? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles, is seeking a Lead 3D Artist to join our Toronto Studio.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Report to and assist the Art Director and Art Manager to establish, push and maintain the look of the game;
- Schedule, assign and monitor tasks given to Artists;
- Guide and mentor Artists, encourage ideas and creativity;
- Review and ensure 3D art meets quality expectations, art direction, schedule and project criteria;
- Assist Artists in workflow, methods, software and tools;
- Suggest/propose creative ideas and solutions;
- Help create the artwork and set standards.
- Assist the Producers in heading regular scrums;
- Head art meetings with Artists to discuss tasks;
- Work closely with TAs and other studio leads – Art, Design, Programmers;
- Attend Leads meetings with Managers to ‘Champion’ the art team and report progress/issues.
Skills and Profile
- Minimum 4 years’ professional experience in 3D Art, in the games industry, with at least two shipped titles as a Lead;
- Academic background in Arts, Fine Arts, 3D arts or equivalent training;
- Experience leading or managing teams on or off site and have knowledge of different jobs in 3D art (modeling, animation, texturing, etc.) that allow you to coordinate several teams and projects;
- Technical expertise in 3Ds Max;
- Ability to learn, understand and then teach new/unfamiliar engine and workflows;
- Passionate in sharing knowledge and to help other Artists develop;
- An excellent communicator with ability to inspire and encourage your art team!;
- Experience of hi-poly modeling for pipelines to sprites as well as low-poly real-time meshes;
- Excellent understanding of mesh economy and optimization;
- Excellent knowledge of various texturing workflows;
- Excellent understanding of composition and staging;
- Excellent observation skills and an Eye for Detail;
- Experience with a rendering engine such as V-Ray
- Independent and versatile (organic modeling and environments);
- Very good proficiency in texturing, and able to work in pixels;
- Very good sense of proportions, volume, and lighting;
- Thorough and organized, allowing you to work with ambitious plans and to see a project through to its end within given deadlines;
- This position entails a great deal of responsibility and requires both technical and managerial expertise;
- Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the process needed to make a game;
- Motivated and passionate about video games.
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.