Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is currently looking for a Lead Animator to join our team in Toronto.
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all animation in the studio, push and maintain high quality standards;
- Review and provide feedback on animations in studio and from outsource and update teams;
- Manage, schedule, monitor tasks given to animators;
- Guide and mentor studio animators, encourage ideas and creativity;
- Suggest /propose creative ideas and solutions to animation challenges;
- Work closely with TAs and other studio leads – Art, Design, Programmers;
- Work closely with studio Managers and Producers, reporting progress or issues and solutions;
- Contribute to creating great animations for our games.
- Deep understanding of animation principles and how best to employee these;
- Deep understanding of body language, timing, IKFK switching and can bring life to just about anything for games;
- Strong understanding of rigging, including technical processes, function and requirements;
- A mastery with various animation styles, realistic and cartoony in both 3D and 2D, and what makes them so;
- Experience in 3dsMax (or Maya or Cinema 4D);
- Experience with Biped, Cat and Custom rigs a plus;
- Experience with Flash animation a plus.
- Experience with Tortoise SVN;
- Enjoys playing the types of games we make!
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.