Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is seeking a Junior Game Designer to join our Toronto Studio
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The role of a Jr. Game Designer is to develop new innovative game concepts for console and handheld devices. The Designer's responsibility is to make important contributions to the design quality of large-scale projects. Also, the specifications relative to game concept and creation must be defined, while working closely with Artists and Developers.
- Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game;
- Documentation, script writer, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, integration of multimedia elements (texts, images, sounds and videos);
- Maintain a strong communication with the different department leads (Producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors);
- Keep updated all documents of the project and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game for an overall quality;
- Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas. Research and development, participate to market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas.
- Post Secondary diploma in one of the following: Computer science, multimedia, computer graphics, video game design or equivalent;
- Experience on the following platforms an asset: iOS, Android, Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox Live Arcade;
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset;
- Experience in game creation. At least one of the following:
- Professional game;
- Personal projects (college, home-made, etc.);
- Level-design and/or MOD (Quake, Unreal, Warcraft, Half-Life, etc.);
- Experience with creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.);
- Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia).
- Passion for video games. Handheld games are a must;
- Good understanding of 'scripting' and/or basic computer programming;
- Communicate ideas with ease (oral and written), professional and autodidact;
- Able to work under pressure and open to do some occasional over-time;
- Open-spirit and love team-working;
- Have a strong imagination!
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 3,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.
Indeed - 6 months ago