Are you interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work for a world-class company in a fun, rewarding environment in Toronto? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and console, is seeking a Game Programmer to join our Toronto Studio.
Qualified candidates will link up with imaginative design teams to create hot new game titles, fulfilling a wide range of genres from hardcore action to casual simulation and Freemium games. Previous hit games include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta, Zombie Infection, Modern Combat 3, Let’s Golf! 3, Order & Chaos, Dungeon Hunter, N.O.V.A., Green Farm, 9mm, Spiderman Toxic city, NFL 2010, Derek Jeter Pro Baseball 2009, Real Soccer 2009, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, LOST, Brain Challenge, Asphalt: Street Rules, and Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood 3D.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Programming in the relevant languages (C, C++);
- Programming all the various game modules (artificial intelligence, sound library, display, etc.);
- Programming the tools required by other developers;
- Collaborating closely with the Game Designer as well as the graphics teams to determine various game constraints and establish each element.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++;
- Experience with iOS, Android, Wii, PS3, Xbox Live Arcade, PSP or DS;
- University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science;
- 2 or more years of experience;
- Knowledge of 3D programming (OpenGL);
- Organized, self-reliant and a team player;
- Experience in the video game industry.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to optimize code size and speed to maximize the technological capacities of each device;
- Ability to program in a methodical and structured manner;
- High interest in video games and in-depth knowledge of gaming culture;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.