Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is currently looking for a Studio Creative Director to join our team in Toronto.
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Tasks and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer to lead the Game and Level Design team at our Toronto Studio. Ideally, the candidate will have experience with various video game genres.
- Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game and design documents;
- Script writing and game level design;
- Managing a team of Game and Level designers;
- Ensure proper monetization techniques in free to play games;
- Employee management;
o Manage employee’s performance evaluation and disciplinary follow ups;
o Active participation in recruitment (CV and portfolio sorting; test corrections; interviews; etc.)
- Maintain strong communication with the different department leads (producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors);
- Keep all documents for the project updated and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game to maintain the overall quality;
- Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas. Research and development, run market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas.
- 5+ years professional experience as a Game or Level designer;
- At least 1 title published for console or multiple games published for iPhone or portable consoles;
- Experience with free to play games and monetization techniques;
- Diploma in one of the following: computer science, multimedia, computer graphics, video games or equivalent;
- Expertise in one of the following genres: free to play games, strategy, casual games, social games, puzzle games;
- Experience in Level design;
- Experience with the following platforms (asset): iPhone, Android or Online Games;
- Experience with creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.);
- Familiar with 3DSMax, Maya, Sketchup or other 3D design programs;
- Experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia);
- Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the process needed to make a game.
- Open-spirit and proven leadership;
- Passion for video games and their history;
- Good understanding of scripting and/or basic computer programming;
- Communicate ideas with ease (oral and written), professional and autodidactic;
- Able to work under pressure and open to doing occasional over-time;
- Good team-work ability;
- Knowledge of spoken French is an asset;
- Strong imagination!
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.