Are you interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work for a world-class company in a fun, rewarding environment in Toronto? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles, is seeking a 3D Character Artist to join our Toronto Studio.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Modelling 3D Characters for games on mobile platforms;
- Create both high and low poly meshes and texture resolutions;
- Collaborate with the Designers and report to the Lead Artist for tasks, training, workflows, tool requests and creative ideas;
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to adapt to various game styles and graphic styles (cartoon, realistic, illustration, pixel, etc.);
- Create artwork with aim to provide new, exciting and imaginative experiences for the player;
- Attend regular team scrums for reporting progress and discussing tasks.
Skills and profile
- Academic background in Arts, Fine Arts, 3D Arts or equivalent training;
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in 3D Art, in the games industry, primarily creating characters;
- Solid understanding of what makes a character’s identity;
- Solid observation skills and an Eye for Detail;
- Understanding of rigging and animation requirements;
- Ability to rig your own characters is a plus;
- Proficient in Photoshop and 3DS MAX (and Character Studio);
- Proficient in low-poly and high-poly modeling/texturing;
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and motion;
- Drawing and illustration skills (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, colours…);
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Organized and independent;
- Ability to accurately estimate the time to complete tasks and manage priorities to meet deadlines;
- Video game enthusiast;
- Knowledgeable in contemporary media (web, games, comics, film, animation, etc.).
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.
Indeed - 11 months ago