Are you interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Do you want to work for a world-class company in a fun, rewarding environment in Toronto? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles, is seeking a 3D Animator to join our Toronto Studio.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for 3D animations on a project for mobile platforms while pushing and maintaining high quality standards;
- Report to the Lead Animator for tasks, training, workflows, tool requests and creative ideas;
- Suggest /propose creative ideas and solutions to animation challenges;
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to adapt to various game animation styles (cartoon, realistic, etc.);
- Work closely with TAs and other studio leads – Art, Design, Programmers.
Skills and Profile
- College certificate/diploma in game-oriented 3D animation or any other equivalent training;
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in Animation, in the games industry;
- Deep understanding of animation principles and how best to employ these;
- Strong understanding of what makes a character’s identity;
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and motion;
- Strong observation skills and an Eye for Detail;
- Strong understanding of rigging, including technical processes, function and requirements;
- Deep understanding of body language, timing, IKFK switching and can bring life to just about anything for games;
- A mastery with various animation styles, realistic and cartoony in both 3D and 2D, and what makes them so;
- Experience in 3dsMax (or Maya or Cinema 4D);
- Experience with Biped, Cat and Custom rigs a plus;
- Experience with Flash animation a plus.
- Experience with Tortoise SVN;
- Enjoys playing the types of games we make!
Please include your resume, motivation letter and portfolio with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.