Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is looking for a dynamic and skilled Linux Systems Administrator to join the Online Gaming Infrastructure (OGI) team.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes, Smart TVs, and HTML5 browsers. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Linux systems and services, with an emphasis on supporting production Web and database servers
- Assist with scripting, task automation, and systems management infrastructure development and deployment
- Assist development teams in deploying and debugging server-side software
- Debug low-level systems and networks
- Document technical procedures and policies
- Remain on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Skills and Profile
- At least 5 years’ experience in Linux administration in a high-volume, critical production environment with an emphasis on supporting production Web and database servers
- Experience with programming and/or scripting, task automation, and best security practices for server installation and administration
- Good experience in Apache (HTTP), PHP and MySQL administration in a production environment (LAMP) required
- Knowledge of Perl, PHP, Python, bash, etc., with experience building database-driven applications
- Experience in low-level systems and network debugging (strace, sar, netstat, tcpdump)
- Experience with Puppet and Subversion an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and able to work in a team
- Fluency in English and French essential
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as good analysis methodology
- Ability to work under stress and in a 24x7x365 production environment essential
Please include your resume and cover letter with your application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
- Join one of the most exciting industrial sectors today, whose partners and clients include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, and telecommunication carriers
- Experience an exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
- Work in an international environment where you can communicate with other countries and cultures on a daily basis
- Enjoy excellent local working conditions (good office space quality, located in Toronto)
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of downloadable video games. For 10 years, Gameloft has been established as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile phones, smartphones, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare, DSiWare, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network.
Partnership agreements with leading licenses such as UNO™, Ferrari, Shrek, CSI, Spider-Man and Brothers in Arms allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Real Football, Asphalt and Brain Challenge.
Gameloft is present on all the continents with its own production studios, employing over 4,500 developers, and distributes its games in over 100 countries. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA)
For more information go to www.gameloft.com.