Gallup Employee Reviews

Engaged Java shop.
Systems Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 7, 2015
Enjoyed coworkers and got along well with management. The company lunches and frequent traveling team leads that gave insight into upcoming projects kept things interesting. Weekly Agile design meetings were the best.

I would recommend working here.
Pros
Flexible schedule, coworkers
Cons
Compensation
A fun place to work with the best coworkers I've ever had.
Market research interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work involves greeting my co workers, calling clients and gathering opinions about various topics. I enjoy working with all my coworkers and managers. The hardest thing about my job is making sure I spend adequate time with my respondents and making sure that I stay on task. The best part about my job is the opportunity to speak with a wide variety of people.
Pros
The wide variety of people who work there
Cons
Coworkers come and go.
Working with Students.
Homeroom teacher for the Navajo Reservation (Former Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 19, 2015
Am a Stock holder with Whole Foods and want to work for Whole Foods.

I like and feel Organic foods are similar to good medication--keeps one healthy.
Pros
Salary
Cons
work load
Very family/employee oriented! All about the comfort of their employees, very flexible
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2016
I loved Gallup & the people who worked there, had there been a chance for FT, benefits etc, I'd have stayed there until I retired.
Pros
All aspects, management, flexibility, openness
Cons
pay, benefits, hours
If Looking for Full-time this is not the job for you
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 26, 2016
i currently work here at Gallup and its a great job but only a great student job or part time job. If youre living on your own taking care of bills and things like that its not the best job. Only reason i say this is because you wont have a set pay itll vary depending on your surveys. Besides that its an okay job i guess.
gallup poll
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 28, 2016
good flexibility and good pay if you can handle the work. I had no problems when I had 2 best friends there but one left and one got fired. same thing day after day week after week really gets the best of you after about a year.
productive
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 28, 2016
The work environment and people were awesome and the spirit and everyone was so positive i enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
the pay rates were nice
Cons
hour requirments
Gallup was a laid back, fun, and friendly work environment. Overall I enjoyed it.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 1, 2016
I enjoyed my experience with Gallup. I learned and developed customer service skills via telephone while working inside their company.
Favorites
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 12, 2016
call and place surveys for the company, nice co-workers, clean environment, flexible with those who are in school. I would not recommend the job to a friend though.
Cons
play favorites
typical day and hardest part of the job.
PHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at Gallup was a blessing or a curse. You never knew how the people you were calling were going to be that day. The hardest part of the job was having to stay on the phone while being cussed out by a complete stranger.
Pros
choosing your own schedule
Cons
dealing with rude customers
good part time job
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2015
Typical is sitting in a small cubicle with an auto dialer . Calling and asking people questions. Management is okay people who work there very nice. Job is extremely boring. Everything must be read verbatim. Best part is its flexible hours worst part is pay.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
boring and pay is bad.
Always have to be worried about your production
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln NEApril 1, 2013
It's nice to be able to come and go as you please but even if you work 7 days a week you may not be able to make your production hours and end up losing your full time position or your job. It is no different from any other call center. If you don't make any surveys that day you are working for free. Gallup does surveys on their employees all the time and data mining you as you work for them. The managers spend all their time critiquing your calls and convincing you everyday this is the best job ever when in reality you could be making below minimum wage and not getting very good leads and there is nothing you can do about it. This job will be perfect for anyone that likes to worry about making rent and being told what type of citizen you should be like and if you don't like getting paid to talk to your manager or for going to the bathroom or for taking any break from the phone and having a perfect attitude in these conditions and enjoy jumping through hoops for very small benefits.
Pros
food, prizes
Cons
no garanteed pay, making up production hours, cult like atmosphere, no job safety
Fun environment, but no advancement without a degree.
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha. West DodgeMarch 27, 2014
Change is consistent with management and structure. Even basic rules changed. Many work-related aspects were done off the clock and therefore not paid. Expectation was to sit at the desk and make calls. Co-workers were great and socialization was encouraged. Some standards were very high and hard to adhere to.
Pros
many fun activities each month.
Cons
pay, low benefits, difficult standards.
A means to an end type job, no more no less.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 25, 2016
Gallup tends to lure most of their applicants in at the beginning: promising you lots of benefits such as health insurance, job security and easy relocation/reestablishment past the contract period, tuition reimbursement, and a high base pay. They also continue when you arrive for training: you are a prestigious member of their company and practically irreplaceable, etc. (their "group interviews" and the first night of training is basically sitting through a long propaganda lecture about how great Gallup is). What they neglect to tell you is that is purely a commissions based position (after the training period) and you may struggle to earn minimum wage a lot of the time.

They have a lot of confusing methods you have to learn through a brief classroom training period and also as to how you can "progress" at this company. I asked the manager about it at the group interview and he pretty much admitted this is basically a dead-end job; the only real way to "progress" is by adding more hours on your schedule, but this definitely isn't a career to carry you through life (unless you're impeccably charismatic and persuasive on the phone, in which case you'd be better off being a used car salesman or a real estate agent where the pay is more promising). Obviously with these kinds of jobs there is a high turnover rate, and the kick to that is that they are constantly dealing with the new people and dealing with space decreases as you desperately try and find a place to work everyday (unless you manage to earn a desk, which can be done in 4 weeks at the very SOONEST). You won't be
  more... very appreciated, either in this environment or society in general, because you'll be doing cold calling all over the country at the weirdest hours that disturb people - you're basically a telemarketer in their eyes. Be prepared to deal with that.

The props I can give are the mostly flexible hours. As long as you work 20 hours/week when you start, you can work anytime as long as you work a full shift on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Note that your hours here aren't necessarily calculated in time but production units. So yeah, you can begin work at 3pm, maybe not complete as many surveys as anticipated (yeah there's a quota for each survey project), clock out at 11pm and maybe you've only earned less than promised pay. Because if you're not on the dialer, you many as well be slacking off in their minds.

If you need some extras and you don't mind struggling through a job, this is good for you. If you prefer stability, a stable work environment, more appreciation, then I'd look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Recruiters not transparent, terrible work, no career advancement
Amazing environment
Copy Writer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 5, 2013
I just started about a month ago. Awesome couture. Gallup truly believes in their products and philosophy. They have excellent management. Flexible work hours but I always feel like I'm in the loop. It's a very warm environment. I feel very grateful to be a part of Gallup.
Pros
award ceremonies, recognition, great food, fitness center, daycare, compensation, benefits, health conscious
Cons
nothing
Fast paced, productive work enviroment
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2012
Called people from a list and recorded their responses unto the computer. Management followed your progress and offered suggestions on improvement. Co-workers were intense and production minded. The job was most enjoyable so I found no hard part to it.
Pros
location and great view of the city.
Cons
small salary, odd hours
Best job I ever had because of workplace environment.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2013
I supported the mission of the organization. I was given clearcut instructions for various projects. There was a sincere opendoor policy with management. I felt I was always respected; I also am very to the point and had professional questions and did not waste time. My individu.al attributes were respected and I was often considered for special projects b/c of my willingness to try new experiences. My work environment and managers really boosted my confidence. I initially found it hard to get out of my comfort zone with new projects, but I was supported by management's availability and other materials supplied by the company. I enjoyed setting my own schedule and having the opportunity to earn bonuses.I worked independently but our center was very social and we all communicated regularly about our responsibilities and encouraged one another. All jobs will at some times be very stressful. But I loved the ownership of my position and comaraderie and competition. I learned I can do so much with proper training, tools and support.
Pros
flexible schedule, feedback meetings, bonuses, great management, worked independently, great coworkers, contacted business as well as consumers, encouraged healthy lifestyle, financial planners, benefits
Cons
lots of sitting, certain times of year productivity slows down
Not Great
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2015
Did not like working here. The people were rude and cold. There was not a chance for job advancement at any time I worked there. Just awful.
A lot of benfits and bonuses. Very flexible schedule
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 29, 2014
Bonus, commission and base salaries, what more could you say about the company... I really miss working there. The training was extra special and very detailed
Pros
benefits everywhere
Cons
global response
Great job if you are a sit down person...I am not!
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEApril 16, 2012
Base pay for part time is 9.75 and base pay for full time is 14.00 which is great except your production hours and your actual hours have to be 100% in order to make that base pay if its less than 100% you make whatever you made per survey but never less than min wage. job security and advancement well there isnt any unless you have a bachelors degree. This is the only position you can work without a degree and thats fine but unless you are going to school and plan to move up you will sit at a stand still. I am in school for something completely different therefor I will never move up which is fine with me. Its a good job for college students that are just trying to get by until they graduate. Management is good at my location they are great at telling you how to improve in a professional manor and also telling you when you are doing a great job. Work and life balance is easy because there is flex schedule after training which is the first 6 weeks.
Pros
good money if you can sit still long enough
Cons
no way to move up unless you get a ba