Gallup Employee Reviews

Do what you can
Telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE6 April 2017
This job is for those who can take a beating and keep going. The hours are grueling and the people on the phone can be insufferable, but the people who work there are lovely and the environment friendly.
Pros
Fun activities to do with coworkers
Cons
hours, nasty customers
Sitting for long periods of time, lots of free time to do activities such as homework and other things
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE18 March 2017
Gallup is a performance based environment. They try to encourage performance by giving a lot of recognition, but it is just the same list of people that they run through to give awards to. You can practically predict it. Some of the managers are very genuine and great people and others can be extremely fake and it is very obvious. Allow for an open schedule but only open from 3 PM to 11 PM Monday - Thursday, 3 - 930 PM Friday, 10 AM - 3 PM Saturday, and 1 PM - 6 PM Sunday.
Productive fun place
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE28 February 2017
I enjoyed it. The location I was at was downsizing. I wasn't a fan of guaranteed pay. Most of the projects were not good. They lost Wells Fargo and things went down.
Pros
Free food
High Performance
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE13 February 2017
Find your talents and educate how to fulfill them to a high degree. They help you understand your strengths and how to use them to a high degree to have high performance, quality and success.
Pros
Engaged
Cons
Hours of operation
great place to work.
interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE23 January 2017
it is a great place to work. i liked the flexibility of hours. i would still be working there if my job wasnt being lost to online surveys
Pros
flexibility with scheduling
Cons
the type of work is now transitioning into online surveys
Close knit environment
INTERVIEWER (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE16 January 2017
Great place to work that values its employees and encourages development. Over college tuition reimbursement program. Make your own schedule and work with limited supervision.
Should walk the talk
Consultant (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DC13 January 2017
Gallup is an exciting learning company in theory, but the managers have a hard time practicing what the company preaches. All the science behind their practices is in vain when it comes to internal engagement. Good company to work with, bad company to work for.
Pros
Strengths and practical managing tools you can take for life
Cons
Weak managers that don't use their own tools
Simple job with good commission pay
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE13 December 2016
The best thing I liked about this job was that I was able to create my own pay based on the amount of interviews I had. I liked being able to set my own schedule, and work as much as I wanted. The only thing I didn't like about this job was that some of the employees seemed to be "Debbie downers" and had a negative attitude. Other than that it was a great job.
Relaxed great first job
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE27 November 2016
For my first job right when I turned 16 making two dollars over minimum wage; I was ecstatic about this job. We made our own work schedule with breaks whenever we decided. I learned how to time managed and it taught me what being accountable for yourself is about.
I wasn't very pleased with my position.
Telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE13 November 2016
I worked at Gallup for a very short period of time. This was because I had been ill and just recently found out I was pregnant. They have a minimal 20 hours you must meet weekly, but with being ill and doctors appointments, I was unable to meet that requirement and was terminated. Truthfully, my medical absents should have been excused, but clearly was not. I was working as a telephone interviewer, and by outbound calls, spoke to various people about taking a survey. Many said no, due to the fact we were always calling around their dinner times, and I was often cursed at, yelled at, or hung up on. Although these statements are true, my experience at Gallup was not entirely miserable. During my employment there, I learned how to professionally handle complicated situations over the phone and how to maintain an understanding of people's time schedules. The management and other employees were very nice, especially during the training period of this journey. It seemed there was always something going on in the office, other than working. They had games set up that you could earn a spot to, and each hour team were able to win prizes.
Pros
You could take a break whenever you wanted
Cons
Your time away from the computer drastically effected your pay
It got me through college
Outbound Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE3 November 2016
I got to do the StrengthsFinder and found out that my strengths are- Competition, Strategic, Achiever, Activator and Woo

Worked part and full time through college earning tuition reimbursement while a full time college athlete and part time employee at Strike Zone and at the Gateway.
Pros
schedule
Cons
pay
Gallup
Gallup Technology Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE20 October 2016
Gallup has an amazing culture, which allows for a material amount of autonomy in execution. Their only requirement of employees is the completion of time sheets. This enables the teams to develop ways to complete work that fits the individual or small team needs very well.
Pros
Strong recognition program, no time off/sick time policy
Cons
Soft strategic leadership
A commission based job with incredible pride in their positive work atmosphere.
Professional Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE14 October 2016
It's a fairly straight forward job; you know what is expected of you, you come in and get your work done and leave. The work environment is incredibly positive and encouraging, and there is plenty of room to advance in that career. The cold calling can be difficult at times, and dealing with difficult customers on the phone can be challenging, but in the end, you know what you're doing is going towards something bigger than yourself.
Don't work here
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE30 August 2016
You'll love this job if you like struggling to meet quota and talking to rude people all day. The pay is good when you can actually meet quota which is rare unless you're a chick. Nobody wants to pick up their phone and participate in a stupid Gallup poll. The questions are very personal and repetitive. If I got called by Gallup I'd tell them to f*%# off
Very family/employee oriented! All about the comfort of their employees, very flexible
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE21 August 2016
I loved Gallup & the people who worked there, had there been a chance for FT, benefits etc, I'd have stayed there until I retired.
Pros
All aspects, management, flexibility, openness
Cons
pay, benefits, hours
Flexible hours. Working in a row on the phones all day.
Telephone Interveiwer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE6 June 2016
You make your own schedule but Gallup doesn't open until 3pm. The training takes three to four weeks. During the training period you get a guaranteed $10.00 an hour. Once off the training team you can start on banks if youre good enough. Your days consist of mainly taking surveys. You get a half hour break time that wont affect your dial time, any longer than that and you lose some.
Pros
flexable
Cons
repetitive
gallup poll
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE28 May 2016
good flexibility and good pay if you can handle the work. I had no problems when I had 2 best friends there but one left and one got fired. same thing day after day week after week really gets the best of you after about a year.
A means to an end type job, no more no less.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE25 May 2016
Gallup tends to lure most of their applicants in at the beginning: promising you lots of benefits such as health insurance, job security and easy relocation/reestablishment past the contract period, tuition reimbursement, and a high base pay. They also continue when you arrive for training: you are a prestigious member of their company and practically irreplaceable, etc. (their "group interviews" and the first night of training is basically sitting through a long propaganda lecture about how great Gallup is). What they neglect to tell you is that is purely a commissions based position (after the training period) and you may struggle to earn minimum wage a lot of the time.

They have a lot of confusing methods you have to learn through a brief classroom training period and also as to how you can "progress" at this company. I asked the manager about it at the group interview and he pretty much admitted this is basically a dead-end job; the only real way to "progress" is by adding more hours on your schedule, but this definitely isn't a career to carry you through life (unless you're impeccably charismatic and persuasive on the phone, in which case you'd be better off being a used car salesman or a real estate agent where the pay is more promising). Obviously with these kinds of jobs there is a high turnover rate, and the kick to that is that they are constantly dealing with the new people and dealing with space decreases as you desperately try and find a place to work everyday (unless you manage to earn a desk, which can be done in 4 weeks at the very SOONEST). You won't be
  more... very appreciated, either in this environment or society in general, because you'll be doing cold calling all over the country at the weirdest hours that disturb people - you're basically a telemarketer in their eyes. Be prepared to deal with that.

The props I can give are the mostly flexible hours. As long as you work 20 hours/week when you start, you can work anytime as long as you work a full shift on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Note that your hours here aren't necessarily calculated in time but production units. So yeah, you can begin work at 3pm, maybe not complete as many surveys as anticipated (yeah there's a quota for each survey project), clock out at 11pm and maybe you've only earned less than promised pay. Because if you're not on the dialer, you many as well be slacking off in their minds.

If you need some extras and you don't mind struggling through a job, this is good for you. If you prefer stability, a stable work environment, more appreciation, then I'd look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Recruiters not transparent, terrible work, no career advancement
productive
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE28 April 2016
The work environment and people were awesome and the spirit and everyone was so positive i enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
the pay rates were nice
Cons
hour requirments
If Looking for Full-time this is not the job for you
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE26 April 2016
i currently work here at Gallup and its a great job but only a great student job or part time job. If youre living on your own taking care of bills and things like that its not the best job. Only reason i say this is because you wont have a set pay itll vary depending on your surveys. Besides that its an okay job i guess.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallup. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval