Gallup Employee Reviews

A commission based job with incredible pride in their positive work atmosphere.
Professional Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE14 October 2016
It's a fairly straight forward job; you know what is expected of you, you come in and get your work done and leave. The work environment is incredibly positive and encouraging, and there is plenty of room to advance in that career. The cold calling can be difficult at times, and dealing with difficult customers on the phone can be challenging, but in the end, you know what you're doing is going towards something bigger than yourself.
Gallup
Gallup Technology Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE20 October 2016
Gallup has an amazing culture, which allows for a material amount of autonomy in execution. Their only requirement of employees is the completion of time sheets. This enables the teams to develop ways to complete work that fits the individual or small team needs very well.
Pros
Strong recognition program, no time off/sick time policy
Cons
Soft strategic leadership
It got me through college
Outbound Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE3 November 2016
I got to do the StrengthsFinder and found out that my strengths are- Competition, Strategic, Achiever, Activator and Woo

Worked part and full time through college earning tuition reimbursement while a full time college athlete and part time employee at Strike Zone and at the Gateway.
Pros
schedule
Cons
pay
Don't work here
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE30 August 2016
You'll love this job if you like struggling to meet quota and talking to rude people all day. The pay is good when you can actually meet quota which is rare unless you're a chick. Nobody wants to pick up their phone and participate in a stupid Gallup poll. The questions are very personal and repetitive. If I got called by Gallup I'd tell them to f*%# off
Flexible hours. Working in a row on the phones all day.
Telephone Interveiwer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE6 June 2016
You make your own schedule but Gallup doesn't open until 3pm. The training takes three to four weeks. During the training period you get a guaranteed $10.00 an hour. Once off the training team you can start on banks if youre good enough. Your days consist of mainly taking surveys. You get a half hour break time that wont affect your dial time, any longer than that and you lose some.
Pros
flexable
Cons
repetitive
Very family/employee oriented! All about the comfort of their employees, very flexible
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE21 August 2016
I loved Gallup & the people who worked there, had there been a chance for FT, benefits etc, I'd have stayed there until I retired.
Pros
All aspects, management, flexibility, openness
Cons
pay, benefits, hours
A fun place to work with the best coworkers I've ever had.
Market research interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE25 April 2016
A typical day at work involves greeting my co workers, calling clients and gathering opinions about various topics. I enjoy working with all my coworkers and managers. The hardest thing about my job is making sure I spend adequate time with my respondents and making sure that I stay on task. The best part about my job is the opportunity to speak with a wide variety of people.
Pros
The wide variety of people who work there
Cons
Coworkers come and go.
If Looking for Full-time this is not the job for you
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE26 April 2016
i currently work here at Gallup and its a great job but only a great student job or part time job. If youre living on your own taking care of bills and things like that its not the best job. Only reason i say this is because you wont have a set pay itll vary depending on your surveys. Besides that its an okay job i guess.
gallup poll
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE28 May 2016
good flexibility and good pay if you can handle the work. I had no problems when I had 2 best friends there but one left and one got fired. same thing day after day week after week really gets the best of you after about a year.
I wasn't very pleased with my position.
Telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE13 November 2016
I worked at Gallup for a very short period of time. This was because I had been ill and just recently found out I was pregnant. They have a minimal 20 hours you must meet weekly, but with being ill and doctors appointments, I was unable to meet that requirement and was terminated. Truthfully, my medical absents should have been excused, but clearly was not. I was working as a telephone interviewer, and by outbound calls, spoke to various people about taking a survey. Many said no, due to the fact we were always calling around their dinner times, and I was often cursed at, yelled at, or hung up on. Although these statements are true, my experience at Gallup was not entirely miserable. During my employment there, I learned how to professionally handle complicated situations over the phone and how to maintain an understanding of people's time schedules. The management and other employees were very nice, especially during the training period of this journey. It seemed there was always something going on in the office, other than working. They had games set up that you could earn a spot to, and each hour team were able to win prizes.
Pros
You could take a break whenever you wanted
Cons
Your time away from the computer drastically effected your pay
productive
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE28 April 2016
The work environment and people were awesome and the spirit and everyone was so positive i enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
the pay rates were nice
Cons
hour requirments
Gallup was a laid back, fun, and friendly work environment. Overall I enjoyed it.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE1 April 2016
I enjoyed my experience with Gallup. I learned and developed customer service skills via telephone while working inside their company.
Favorites
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE12 April 2016
call and place surveys for the company, nice co-workers, clean environment, flexible with those who are in school. I would not recommend the job to a friend though.
Cons
play favorites
typical day and hardest part of the job.
PHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE19 January 2016
A typical day at Gallup was a blessing or a curse. You never knew how the people you were calling were going to be that day. The hardest part of the job was having to stay on the phone while being cussed out by a complete stranger.
Pros
choosing your own schedule
Cons
dealing with rude customers
good part time job
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE4 November 2015
Typical is sitting in a small cubicle with an auto dialer . Calling and asking people questions. Management is okay people who work there very nice. Job is extremely boring. Everything must be read verbatim. Best part is its flexible hours worst part is pay.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
boring and pay is bad.
Engaged Java shop.
Systems Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WI7 September 2015
Enjoyed coworkers and got along well with management. The company lunches and frequent traveling team leads that gave insight into upcoming projects kept things interesting. Weekly Agile design meetings were the best.

I would recommend working here.
Pros
Flexible schedule, coworkers
Cons
Compensation
Ground breaking way to hire employees
Senior interviewer specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln,Ne11 December 2014
Running through satisfaction surveys and public opinion polls with people is often an education. I learned the value of asking the right questions. It is amazing to learn how our brains work and why we are good at what we enjoy doing. Armed with the knowledge from the strength finders, I have been able to position myself in jobs knowing, I could and often have achieved excellence. What a gift! Managers focus on making sure you have the tools to succeed. Your co-workers are very similar to you by the nature of the hiring practices. The hardest part of the job was not always having the day hours available I prefer. The most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to achieve excellence.
Pros
Genuine esteem building
Cons
Mostly nights and weekend work
Not Great
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE7 October 2015
Did not like working here. The people were rude and cold. There was not a chance for job advancement at any time I worked there. Just awful.
Productive place for College Students & Great way to meet new people.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE11 October 2013
A typical day at work would include me doing homework while interviewing people on the phones, I always tried to keep myself active either physically of mentally. Management was always great and enjoyable as well as caring and understanding people. The hardest part of the job was trying to mentally stay focused on creating a ebb and flow when it came to taking breaks and getting excellent production. The most enjoyable part of work was connecting with co-workers who were also doing the same job and therefore could relate.
Pros
Lots of activities to get involved in.
Cons
As a part-time employee I was unable to work early mornings during the week.
A good place to work
Telephone Interviewer/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE1 February 2013
Conduct surveys with Americans daily.
Developed better communication and persuasion skills.
Management was very flexible and understanding.
Great work environment, worked with great and genuine people.
Most difficult part of the job was keeping customers on the line when they felt their opinions didn't matter.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to all different type of Americans, hearing their stories and how I was helping them improve their quality of life.