Gallup Employee Reviews

Bad management
System Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE28 September 2017
It is hard to find the opportunity to got improve myself. Bad micromanagement. For IT department, they hire a lot of un-professional manager to manage IT department. Medical insurance and dental insurance is very bad.
Productive and relaxed place to work
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE11 September 2017
It is a great place to work, the managers are kind and helpful. They reward those who do well and help the people who need it. You spend most of the time on the phone.
Great place
Outbound Call Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NE1 September 2017
Great management, easy work, decent pay, great job for high school kids, very flexible, very understanding management and works well with you if there is an issue of any type
Pros
great leadership
Cons
pay based on performance of how many calls you get, only night hours
Meat grinder
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Nebraska24 August 2017
When I worked there it was quota based pay and a meat grinder . This job was so stressful but the information they have gathered from their surveys is interesting
interesting to gain the opinions of others
Teleservice Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE10 August 2017
Interesting job to learn how others think and get the opinions of others. However, if you do not obtain enough surveys, you risk getting a pay decrease and getting terminated. You can work as many hours as few hours a day as you want as long as you get your 20, 30, or 40 hours in by the end of the week, depending on what set hour team you are on.
Pros
Flexibility; can come and go when you want as long as you complete your hours at the end of the week
Cons
Pay heavily depends on the amount of surveys you conduct with customers
Based on Performance (both Pro and Con)
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE9 August 2017
Everything about the job is fine by me, however, one of the most important aspects of the job is that it is based on performance. The part that I do not like about it being based on performance, is that most performance, on many nights, is based purely on luck, either you are going to get people to take the survey, or not. Your performance seems more predestined, rather than by how persuasive you are in getting the respondent to take the poll/survey. In other words, MOST of the time, the respondent will know whether they want to do the poll or not, before they even pick up the phone, and since its random digit dial, its completely random whether they want to take the poll or not.
Great company
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 685161 August 2017
Great company environment for first time in customer service. Management is well organized, and clear goals are set from the beginning. Gallup had outstanding pay with the opportunity to make quite a bit of money if taken advantage of.
Pros
Team enviornment
best job
telephone interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE30 July 2017
This was the most stress free job that I have ever had. Constant rewards and bonuses and awesome management. Also flexible hours. Sad thing is there is no first shift.
Pros
flexable hours, bonuses and conests for gift cards, great managers.
Cons
no morning hours
Best place for disabled and awkward people
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE27 July 2017
Easy to do and great workplace. Connecting with coworkers and knowing your strengths are part of the job. Great managers and contests workers are able to participate it.
Pros
No uniform, choose your own breaks
Cons
People over phone
Gallup
Performance Team Leader - Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE25 July 2017
Gallup is a great company with great people. The culture is incredible and unmatched by any company that I have seen or experienced. They are the experts in employee engagement, Clifton Strengths Finder and the strengths movement, along with anything consulting and analytics. Overall a wonderful company in so many ways.

Want to know more about Gallup?

Ask a question
Intelligent, hardworking staff hindered by lack of effective senior management.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA24 July 2017
Extremely bright, hardworking people, leveraging unique, powerful products to help clients. However, company is hindered by senior management that lacks a consistent strategic vision and frequently shifts the focus and direction of the company.
Not for everyone
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE23 July 2017
Being hung up on the phone by lots of people takes thick skin, even though I have thick skin it wasn't exactly for me. Management could not communicate what it was they wanted from me thus I missed goals and obligations. Working with 200 people closed in a small space people's opinions of others get voiced and people get written up for things that can not be helped and then let go. I was fired right before Christmas.
Pros
Cons
everything is chaotic and out of control
Awesome place to work
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE21 July 2017
Gallup has such a fun environment. At Gallup you work as an individual but you also work as a team and it truly does feel like i team. If i had the opportunity i would love to return.
Not a job for everyone
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE8 July 2017
It's an okay job if you're in high school or college but it's not a career job whatsoever. You're pretty much independent, you're often assigned to certain surveys and they'll pull you out of a certain survey to do another survey often even if you're doing pretty well at it which is frustrating.

It's not a job where's it's an hourly position. You're paid to do surveys. It's not for everyone. You have to grow a thick skin because there will be times when you'll get screamed at over the phone and possibly threatened so try not to let that get to you if you work at Gallup.

Management will provide you with feedback on some of your calls once a week or every other week and if you don't correct your mistakes, you're not going to last very long.

During my time there, I worked 20 hours and once in a while they required overtime which is either adding a couple extra hours or working a couple hours either on a Saturday or Sunday.
Pros
Some surveys were fun
Cons
Management, pay, sometimes working overtime
Fun Work Place
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE8 July 2017
A typical day spent working here was always fun, the people were nice, the managers even nicer. Aside from yelling people on phones, it was great. There was a wide variety of people who worked here, and overall I loved the experience. I learned how to talk to people over the phones, able to practice reading aloud and verbatim, and overall worked on my people skills.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Friendly People, Insight on Life.
Cons
Unstable Pay
Soul-Sucking (Harsh, but True)
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE6 July 2017
I hate to bash on a company, but I really have nothing positive to say. Hours are flexible, but it's not really worth it as the center is open only nights on weekdays and it's honestly hard to want to wake up early on the weekends to try and work during the day (which, people who you are calling DO NOT take kindly to). Management leaves their door open to basically yell and scold at employees who make errors that are usually not at all detrimental, even though they are treated as so. The only redeeming quality is the pay, and even that is taken away after 8 weeks. They reel you in with the promise of $11 an hour, but after two months it is taken away to basically pseudo comission. This organization will hiring almost every one. I feel as though the fact that they don't drug test attracts the wrong type of people. Many people are starting to quit here as they realize just how dead end this position really is. I had just graduated high school when I began this job, and am currently in the process of writing up a two week notice as now have realized I do not want to be associated with this organization.
Pros
Able to use cell phones (alas no available wifi)
Cons
Literally everything else
Very good work culture but not sustainable
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE29 June 2017
It was a very good job but the pay wasnt stable enough for my bills, would recommend if youre good on the phone. I wish I couldve stayed longer but it ended on a good note.
Nice place for college students
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE21 June 2017
Gallup is a great place to work for those who need a flexible schedule. Can be very stressful trying to maintain quota and since pay is based on production, your income fluctuates a great deal.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
flexible pay
independent work from home office
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 June 2017
Gallup is very good place to work, love management, they was always very supportive in any situation at work or my personal life.
I always knew that I can count on them.
Pros
home office
Cons
Relaxing and easy going, but at the same time competitive.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE14 June 2017
This job was very relaxing and easy going but as time went on it was very repetitive. Also with all the new people being hired constantly they are looking for any mistake to fire you in other to keep the cycle going. But the first 8 weeks are very fun and easy going.
Pros
Lots of workplace activities
Cons
Constant pressure of being fired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallup. Our community is ready to answer.