Gallup

Gallup Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good part time job
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: boring and pay is bad.
Typical is sitting in a small cubicle with an auto dialer . Calling and asking people questions. Management is okay people who work there very nice. Job is extremely boring. Everything must be read verbatim. Best part is its flexible hours worst part is pay.
Not Great
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2015
Did not like working here. The people were rude and cold. There was not a chance for job advancement at any time I worked there. Just awful.
Working with Students.
Homeroom teacher for the Navajo Reservation (Former Employee), New MexicoSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: work load
Am a Stock holder with Whole Foods and want to work for Whole Foods.

I like and feel Organic foods are similar to good medication--keeps one healthy.
Engaged Java shop.
Systems Application Developer (Current Employee), Middleton, WISeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, coworkers
Cons: Compensation
Enjoyed coworkers and got along well with management. The company lunches and frequent traveling team leads that gave insight into upcoming projects kept things interesting. Weekly Agile design meetings were the best.

I would recommend working here.
Engaging and positive place to work with big mission
Talent Management Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 12, 2015
I've been at Gallup for the past couple years. The people are extremely talented and you know what is expected of you when you come to work.
Super fun
FCC Licensed Radiotelephone Operator (Former Employee), Gallup, NMMay 18, 2015
Pros: creating
Cons: high level involvement
Writing and producing a shared vision is an amazingly fulfilling experience. Talking to an audience one - to - one exhilarates any tired mind. Some of the characters (co-workers) are interesting (pretentious).
Good enviorment
Survey Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: May have to work more hours to reach goals for pay
Nice people to work with and good environment. Good place to work if you are a student or need part time work. Great opportunities.
Management Is Great
Consumer Interviewer/Client Support Specialist (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 8, 2015
Pros: Work With Great People
Cons: Recent Changes In Interviewing
Daily tasks include gathering opinions on a variety of topics, communicating with a diverse population over the phone, troubleshooting and assisting clients.
Friendly workplace and flexible hours
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NebraskaMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Regular giveaways, and social activities and games
Cons: No base pay, Angry respondents
A typical day at Gallup consisted of a 3 to 4 hour time period spent making phone calls to individuals around the country in order to gather statistics for various companies as well as the government. i learned great social skills through my time spent on the phones. every conversation was different and I had to think on my feet to be able to come up with appropriate, intelligent responses. I learned better social skills in a workplace environment and also life lessons from some of my other older coworkers.
The managers at Gallup were very proactive with the telephone interviewers; always willing to help out in anyway possible which made a very comfortable environment for people to engage in conversation.
My coworkers were of all different ages and backgrounds which forced me to step out of my comfort zone and makes friends with people I normally would not have conversed with. The hardest part of my job was handling a bad day at work. My pay at Gallup was not guarenteed and some days I would make very little money. After a bad day, staying motivated was the most difficult aspect of my employment, but on the other hand the most enjoyable part of my job was having a positive day, when i would make more money than I was expected too. Gallup was a constant rollercoaster of positive and negative days that eventually led to my conclusion at Gallup.
Fun and Productive
Talent Management Consultant (Former Employee), CityJanuary 7, 2015
Great working environment and plenty of learning opportunities.
Productive and time goes fast
CALL CENTER INTERVIEWER (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 12, 2014
Nice to be able to wear what you want and time goes really fast. Good management although cold calling isn't for everyone.
Ground breaking way to hire employees
Senior interviewer specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln,NeDecember 11, 2014
Pros: genuine esteem building
Cons: mostly nights and weekend work
Running through satisfaction surveys and public opinion polls with people is often an education. I learned the value of asking the right questions. It is amazing to learn how our brains work and why we are good at what we enjoy doing. Armed with the knowledge from the strength finders, I have been able to position myself in jobs knowing, I could and often have achieved excellence. What a gift! Managers focus on making sure you have the tools to succeed. Your co-workers are very similar to you by the nature of the hiring practices. The hardest part of the job was not always having the day hours available I prefer. The most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to achieve excellence.
productive and good family place to work
consumer interview (Former Employee), houston,txNovember 4, 2014
good enviroment,nice people.friendly.family.
unfortunately they closed their office in houston.
Great working environment
Bilingual Interviewer (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work includes dealing with all different types of people and interviewing them. Managers and co-workers are always friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job is convincing people to finish your survey; The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people from different backgrounds.
Fun environment with great management and flexible schedule
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 10, 2014
Pros: relaxed, great management, break room, flexible schedule
Cons: limited by project availability
Managers are very understanding and you are responsible for hours. As long as you communicate, all that matters is you get your hours in and meet the requirements. Extremely laid back and enjoyable place.
Great at first..., now I can see why it's terrible. They hire people daily and fire people daily
Associate Interviewer (Former Employee), NebraskaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: schedule your own times
Cons: breaks, schedule to get in, pay, managers, get fired quicker than you applied
Calling everyday random digits. Learned how to never get called by polls or survey callers. Getting 20+ hours done when its 4 pm to late night. No mornings.
Room for improvement
Proofer (Former Employee), SingaporeAugust 1, 2014
Management needs review on internal decisions made; nice working environment
A lot of benfits and bonuses. Very flexible schedule
Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 29, 2014
Pros: benefits everywhere
Cons: global response
Bonus, commission and base salaries, what more could you say about the company... I really miss working there. The training was extra special and very detailed
Decent place to work
Consulting Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 25, 2014
Good company overall with very talented individuals but need better managers.
nice people
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 24, 2014
each day was different and a new learning experience. I improved on my people skills and leaned how to speak with meaning. The hardest part was the first few minutes of a call because you had to get the customers full attention. The most enjoyable part of working at Gallup was the satisfaction of a customer after the interviews were finished.
Links