Gallup Employee Reviews

A means to an end type job, no more no less.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 25, 2016
Gallup tends to lure most of their applicants in at the beginning: promising you lots of benefits such as health insurance, job security and easy relocation/reestablishment past the contract period, tuition reimbursement, and a high base pay. They also continue when you arrive for training: you are a prestigious member of their company and practically irreplaceable, etc. (their "group interviews" and the first night of training is basically sitting through a long propaganda lecture about how great Gallup is). What they neglect to tell you is that is purely a commissions based position (after the training period) and you may struggle to earn minimum wage a lot of the time.

They have a lot of confusing methods you have to learn through a brief classroom training period and also as to how you can "progress" at this company. I asked the manager about it at the group interview and he pretty much admitted this is basically a dead-end job; the only real way to "progress" is by adding more hours on your schedule, but this definitely isn't a career to carry you through life (unless you're impeccably charismatic and persuasive on the phone, in which case you'd be better off being a used car salesman or a real estate agent where the pay is more promising). Obviously with these kinds of jobs there is a high turnover rate, and the kick to that is that they are constantly dealing with the new people and dealing with space decreases as you desperately try and find a place to work everyday (unless you manage to earn a desk, which can be done in 4 weeks at the very SOONEST). You won't be
  more... very appreciated, either in this environment or society in general, because you'll be doing cold calling all over the country at the weirdest hours that disturb people - you're basically a telemarketer in their eyes. Be prepared to deal with that.

The props I can give are the mostly flexible hours. As long as you work 20 hours/week when you start, you can work anytime as long as you work a full shift on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Note that your hours here aren't necessarily calculated in time but production units. So yeah, you can begin work at 3pm, maybe not complete as many surveys as anticipated (yeah there's a quota for each survey project), clock out at 11pm and maybe you've only earned less than promised pay. Because if you're not on the dialer, you many as well be slacking off in their minds.

If you need some extras and you don't mind struggling through a job, this is good for you. If you prefer stability, a stable work environment, more appreciation, then I'd look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Recruiters not transparent, terrible work, no career advancement
productive
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 28, 2016
The work environment and people were awesome and the spirit and everyone was so positive i enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
the pay rates were nice
Cons
hour requirments
If Looking for Full-time this is not the job for you
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 26, 2016
i currently work here at Gallup and its a great job but only a great student job or part time job. If youre living on your own taking care of bills and things like that its not the best job. Only reason i say this is because you wont have a set pay itll vary depending on your surveys. Besides that its an okay job i guess.
A fun place to work with the best coworkers I've ever had.
Market research interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work involves greeting my co workers, calling clients and gathering opinions about various topics. I enjoy working with all my coworkers and managers. The hardest thing about my job is making sure I spend adequate time with my respondents and making sure that I stay on task. The best part about my job is the opportunity to speak with a wide variety of people.
Pros
The wide variety of people who work there
Cons
Coworkers come and go.
Favorites
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 12, 2016
call and place surveys for the company, nice co-workers, clean environment, flexible with those who are in school. I would not recommend the job to a friend though.
Cons
play favorites
Gallup was a laid back, fun, and friendly work environment. Overall I enjoyed it.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 1, 2016
I enjoyed my experience with Gallup. I learned and developed customer service skills via telephone while working inside their company.
typical day and hardest part of the job.
PHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at Gallup was a blessing or a curse. You never knew how the people you were calling were going to be that day. The hardest part of the job was having to stay on the phone while being cussed out by a complete stranger.
Pros
choosing your own schedule
Cons
dealing with rude customers
good part time job
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2015
Typical is sitting in a small cubicle with an auto dialer . Calling and asking people questions. Management is okay people who work there very nice. Job is extremely boring. Everything must be read verbatim. Best part is its flexible hours worst part is pay.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
boring and pay is bad.
Not Great
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2015
Did not like working here. The people were rude and cold. There was not a chance for job advancement at any time I worked there. Just awful.
Working with Students.
Homeroom teacher for the Navajo Reservation (Former Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 19, 2015
Am a Stock holder with Whole Foods and want to work for Whole Foods.

I like and feel Organic foods are similar to good medication--keeps one healthy.
Pros
Salary
Cons
work load
Engaged Java shop.
Systems Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 7, 2015
Enjoyed coworkers and got along well with management. The company lunches and frequent traveling team leads that gave insight into upcoming projects kept things interesting. Weekly Agile design meetings were the best.

I would recommend working here.
Pros
Flexible schedule, coworkers
Cons
Compensation
Engaging and positive place to work with big mission
Talent Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 12, 2015
I've been at Gallup for the past couple years. The people are extremely talented and you know what is expected of you when you come to work.
Super fun
FCC Licensed Radiotelephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMMay 18, 2015
Writing and producing a shared vision is an amazingly fulfilling experience. Talking to an audience one - to - one exhilarates any tired mind. Some of the characters (co-workers) are interesting (pretentious).
Pros
creating
Cons
high level involvement
Good enviorment
Survey Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 4, 2015
Nice people to work with and good environment. Good place to work if you are a student or need part time work. Great opportunities.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
May have to work more hours to reach goals for pay
Management Is Great
Consumer Interviewer/Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 8, 2015
Daily tasks include gathering opinions on a variety of topics, communicating with a diverse population over the phone, troubleshooting and assisting clients.
Pros
Work With Great People
Cons
Recent Changes In Interviewing
Friendly workplace and flexible hours
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NebraskaMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at Gallup consisted of a 3 to 4 hour time period spent making phone calls to individuals around the country in order to gather statistics for various companies as well as the government. i learned great social skills through my time spent on the phones. every conversation was different and I had to think on my feet to be able to come up with appropriate, intelligent responses. I learned better social skills in a workplace environment and also life lessons from some of my other older coworkers.
The managers at Gallup were very proactive with the telephone interviewers; always willing to help out in anyway possible which made a very comfortable environment for people to engage in conversation.
My coworkers were of all different ages and backgrounds which forced me to step out of my comfort zone and makes friends with people I normally would not have conversed with. The hardest part of my job was handling a bad day at work. My pay at Gallup was not guarenteed and some days I would make very little money. After a bad day, staying motivated was the most difficult aspect of my employment, but on the other hand the most enjoyable part of my job was having a positive day, when i would make more money than I was expected too. Gallup was a constant rollercoaster of positive and negative days that eventually led to my conclusion at Gallup.
Pros
Regular giveaways, and social activities and games
Cons
No base pay, Angry respondents
Fun and Productive
Talent Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  CityJanuary 7, 2015
Great working environment and plenty of learning opportunities.
Productive and time goes fast
CALL CENTER INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 12, 2014
Nice to be able to wear what you want and time goes really fast. Good management although cold calling isn't for everyone.
Ground breaking way to hire employees
Senior interviewer specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln,NeDecember 11, 2014
Running through satisfaction surveys and public opinion polls with people is often an education. I learned the value of asking the right questions. It is amazing to learn how our brains work and why we are good at what we enjoy doing. Armed with the knowledge from the strength finders, I have been able to position myself in jobs knowing, I could and often have achieved excellence. What a gift! Managers focus on making sure you have the tools to succeed. Your co-workers are very similar to you by the nature of the hiring practices. The hardest part of the job was not always having the day hours available I prefer. The most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to achieve excellence.
Pros
genuine esteem building
Cons
mostly nights and weekend work
productive and good family place to work
consumer interview (Former Employee) –  houston,txNovember 4, 2014
good enviroment,nice people.friendly.family.
unfortunately they closed their office in houston.