Gallup

Gallup Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ground breaking way to hire employees
Senior interviewer specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln,NeDecember 11, 2014
Pros: genuine esteem building
Cons: mostly nights and weekend work
Running through satisfaction surveys and public opinion polls with people is often an education. I learned the value of asking the right questions. It is amazing to learn how our brains work and why we are good at what we enjoy doing. Armed with the knowledge from the strength finders, I have been able to position myself in jobs knowing, I could and – more... often have achieved excellence. What a gift! Managers focus on making sure you have the tools to succeed. Your co-workers are very similar to you by the nature of the hiring practices. The hardest part of the job was not always having the day hours available I prefer. The most enjoyable part was having the opportunity to achieve excellence. – less
productive and good family place to work
consumer interview (Former Employee), houston,txNovember 4, 2014
good enviroment,nice people.friendly.family.
unfortunately they closed their office in houston.
Great working environment
Bilingual Interviewer (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work includes dealing with all different types of people and interviewing them. Managers and co-workers are always friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job is convincing people to finish your survey; The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people from different backgrounds.
Fun environment with great management and flexible schedule
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 10, 2014
Pros: relaxed, great management, break room, flexible schedule
Cons: limited by project availability
Managers are very understanding and you are responsible for hours. As long as you communicate, all that matters is you get your hours in and meet the requirements. Extremely laid back and enjoyable place.
Great at first..., now I can see why it's terrible. They hire people daily and fire people daily
Associate Interviewer (Former Employee), NebraskaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: schedule your own times
Cons: breaks, schedule to get in, pay, managers, get fired quicker than you applied
Calling everyday random digits. Learned how to never get called by polls or survey callers. Getting 20+ hours done when its 4 pm to late night. No mornings.
Room for improvement
Proofer (Former Employee), SingaporeAugust 1, 2014
Management needs review on internal decisions made; nice working environment
A lot of benfits and bonuses. Very flexible schedule
Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 29, 2014
Pros: benefits everywhere
Cons: global response
Bonus, commission and base salaries, what more could you say about the company... I really miss working there. The training was extra special and very detailed
Decent place to work
Consulting Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 25, 2014
Good company overall with very talented individuals but need better managers.
nice people
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 24, 2014
each day was different and a new learning experience. I improved on my people skills and leaned how to speak with meaning. The hardest part was the first few minutes of a call because you had to get the customers full attention. The most enjoyable part of working at Gallup was the satisfaction of a customer after the interviews were finished.
Fun environment, but no advancement without a degree.
Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha. West DodgeMarch 27, 2014
Pros: many fun activities each month.
Cons: pay, low benefits, difficult standards.
Change is consistent with management and structure. Even basic rules changed. Many work-related aspects were done off the clock and therefore not paid. Expectation was to sit at the desk and make calls. Co-workers were great and socialization was encouraged. Some standards were very high and hard to adhere to.
Toughest job you will ever love. Great earning potential. Fun place to work.
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: paid for performance. paid per survey. not paid for time off.
The hardest part of the job is learning how to handle rejection. There are some people who just do not want to participate in a survey. Most people are nice about it but there are some who are less so.
Awesome work culture
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2014
Good place to work,people are very friendly and can learn many new things in technology
great company.
Interviewee (Former Employee), houston, txDecember 12, 2013
Loved the job sadly they closed there Houston location. If ever in Nebraska i would love to work for the company again. The environment was great and the management treated you with respect.
GREAT place to work, I LOVED IT!
Interviewer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2013
Pros: pay, bonuses, just an over all caring place
Cons: sometimes projects were't up when you needed them
Typical day of work was to sign onto your phone and start taking calls Gallup pays interviewrs per complete call and not per hour unless you are working on a certain project that is a per hour project.
The managers were GREAT and understanding, it was just an over all loving place.
Best job I ever had because of workplace environment.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, feedback meetings, bonuses, great management, worked independently, great coworkers, contacted business as well as consumers, encouraged healthy lifestyle, financial planners, benefits
Cons: lots of sitting, certain times of year productivity slows down
I supported the mission of the organization. I was given clearcut instructions for various projects. There was a sincere opendoor policy with management. I felt I was always respected; I also am very to the point and had professional questions and did not waste time. My individu.al attributes were respected and I was often considered for special projects – more... b/c of my willingness to try new experiences. My work environment and managers really boosted my confidence. I initially found it hard to get out of my comfort zone with new projects, but I was supported by management's availability and other materials supplied by the company. I enjoyed setting my own schedule and having the opportunity to earn bonuses.I worked independently but our center was very social and we all communicated regularly about our responsibilities and encouraged one another. All jobs will at some times be very stressful. But I loved the ownership of my position and comaraderie and competition. I learned I can do so much with proper training, tools and support. – less
High School students dream job!
Telephone Interviewer/Data Entry (Former Employee), Lincoln, NENovember 15, 2013
Great people great pay great place!
Always helpful and nice co workers !
Fun and interactive!
Great pay for hour teams!
High volume call center with an interesting variety of interview topics
Professional Interviewer (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEOctober 12, 2013
Pros: flexible days and hours
Cons: no paid vacation, holdiays, etc
On a typical day, I conducted marketing and customer satisfaction interviews on behalf of major banks, hospitals, retailers, and others.
Performed research interviews on behalf of various governmental agencies, such as the Census Bureau and the Department of Labor.
Conducted Gallup Opinion News Polls, political polls, and Gallup's Health and Well-being – more... Index.
Explained survey objectives and procedures to interviewees and interpreted survey questions to help interviewees' comprehension.
Reviewed data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy. I learned to deal with people in all walks of life in order to accomplish company goals. The management was very flexible in style. Hardest part of any phone job is rejection, but you put it in perspective. – less
Productive place for College Students & Great way to meet new people.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2013
Pros: lots of activities to get involved in.
Cons: as a part-time employee i was unable to work early mornings during the week.
A typical day at work would include me doing homework while interviewing people on the phones, I always tried to keep myself active either physically of mentally. Management was always great and enjoyable as well as caring and understanding people. The hardest part of the job was trying to mentally stay focused on creating a ebb and flow when it came – more... to taking breaks and getting excellent production. The most enjoyable part of work was connecting with co-workers who were also doing the same job and therefore could relate. – less
Make your own schedule!
Outbound Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2013
Pros: friendly people to work with, easy job
Cons: calling crabby people, getting yelled at and hung up on
If you want to be your own boss and write your own schedule, this is the place for you. You get paid for how many surveys you are able to complete and you have to push yourself to improve and see which techniques work and which don't. Customer service and general good spirits are very key to succeeding.
Telephone Interviewer
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 9, 2013
• Collected customers’ opinions through effective communication over the phone
• Established and maintained positive and professional relationships with customers, co-workers and management

About Gallup

More than a pollster, Gallup draws from its research and behavioral studies to offer consulting services related to performance – Read more