Position: Contract Administrator
Name of Company: GalCom Control Inc.
Location: Saint-Basile-le-Grand, Quebec, CANADA
GalCom Control is specialized in project management and development of new markets for international companies supplying main systems for passenger rail cars.
Our strengths are to understand the needs of North-American customers and their requirements.
Our role is to act as an intermediary between our international customers and clients in the framework of North American projects. Therefore, we facilitate the exchange throughout the project phases allowing to reduce the execution time and achieving the objectives.
In addition, we assist our clients to increase market footprint in North America by expanding their customer base and presenting implementation options on the North American territory.
Joining our team is an opportunity to take a challenging position, work on major national and international rail projects.
The Contract Administrator will be joining the team at a time when future opportunities in terms of career development and interesting projects will provide an exciting environment in which to work.
- Read, understand, and assimilate customer, supplier and partner rights and obligations, along with all procedure and processes defined in contractual documents;
- Analyzing the contract terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work;
- As work proceeds, make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks;
- Develop and implement key strategies aimed at protecting customer’s interests and to ensure proper contractual integrity;
- Define all contractual gates as well as the strategy to reach and succeed such gates;
- Manage, coordinate and validate, customers, suppliers and partners correspondence, minutes of meeting and deliverables, to ensure respect of the contractual obligations;
- Participate in all design review and project review meetings in order to ensure contract compliance and/or record deviations to the contract;
- Set up and/or provide index containing documents exchanged with customers, suppliers and partners along with user guidelines;
- Identify and understand key regulations related to the Buy America act (49 CFR 661.11) and legal issues for a US implementation;
- Participate to a Buy America plan for a strategic implementation in the United States.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Law Degree or Finance. Your Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration will be considered as an asset;
- You possess a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of relevant experience including a strong understanding of contracts, contractual obligations and negotiations;
- Your English and French communication and written skills are excellent;
- German language is an asset;
- International projects experience is an asset;
- You must be able to travel to the USA and Mexico on short notice.
If you wish to join our great team, please contact us and it will be our pleasure to discuss this career opportunity with you.