The applications engineer will be responsible for power electronics application development, testing and documentation, including but not limited to switched mode power supply design, power factor correction circuit design, testing, characterization, technical support of customers, authoring of application notes, datasheets and other documents, and other applications engineering tasks.
- Testing, evaluating and providing feedback on state of the art GaN Systems power electronic device prototype products.
- Designing, developing and testing switching power supplies using the company's products for design ideas, application notes, data books or customer requirements.
- Providing application circuit prototypes, bills of materials, and test reports.
- Evaluating switching power supplies built with the company's products.
- Providing power electronics design support and technical advice to the company's customers.
- Writing application notes and industry journal articles.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Design of power electronic equipment, power converters, inverters.
- Design of SMPS including boost, buck, flyback, bridge, resonant, LLC and/or forward converters
- Control loop and analog design
- Power magnetic design, including transformers, chokes or inductors.
- Operating, programing, debugging automated test equipment (ATE) used in testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in specification creation, technical report writing and creation of test plans and instructions.
- Working as part of a highly productive team.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in the field of power electronics.
- Experience in high frequency analog design.
- Previous experience with GaN and/or SiC transistors
- Experience working with internal and external customers internationally.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering required, preferably with an emphasis in power electronics.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard