ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – ELEVATORS
An exciting career opportunity is available at our firm!
Attitude . . . Are you positive, solution-oriented, problem-solver who makes things happen?
Excellence . . . Are you passionate about consistently achieving an exceptional engineering product?
On the Job . . . Can you take initiative, and work well independently?
Communication . . . Are your communication skills outstanding, do you efficiently and accurately convey your message?
Team . . . Do you thrive in a close-knit team environment, but can also effectively lead a group?
Skills . . . Do you exhibit a high level of coordination, prioritization, organization, multi-tasking?
If you answered “yes” to the above, this may be the opportunity for you!
GUNN Consultants Inc. is a Vancouver based engineering consulting firm specializing in elevators, escalators, and other forms of vertical transportation equipment. We excel at numerous projects throughout the Lower Mainland, Western Canada, and the United States, and are currently looking for a talented Mechanical or Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team.
Your Duties Would Include:
- Project management
- Design calculations
- Field review/Site inspections of elevator and escalator equipment
- Prepare reports, specifications, letters, faxes, transmittals, etc.
- Bid review, contract review and preparation, bid negotiation
- Seal drawings, reports, letters, and other documents as required
- Business development
- Other business duties as required
- Some travel to project locations
- Bachelor of engineering degree
- Registered with APEGBC, ideally as P. Eng.
- 3 to 5 years work experience ideal
- Project management experience ideal
- Self employment experience ideal
- Knowledge of electronics and mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of elevator and escalator installation, maintenance, and upgrade preferred
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, Outlook skills
- CAD/Drawing experience ideal
Salary: Competitive salary with benefits, commensurate with experience.
Job Hours: The typical hours are 8am to 5pm, though subject to change to meet project requirements and deadlines.
If you answered "yes” to our requirements, please send us a cover letter with your resume (preferably as a pdf) along with a phone number we can reach you at for a phone interview.