Keys for this role will be experience with Software testing (Java based applications), in a Unix (Solaris) environment. Someone that has a programming background that would be able to automate scripts and write simple scripts would do well in this role. They should a bit of lead experience mentoring Junior team members and some project lead experience. Also, ideally someone that has had a history of being permanent employee, not a contractor.
Salary is ideally $69-72k, maybe a bit higher.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Reports to: Snr. Mgr., Solutions Delivery Department: Solutions Delivery
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for developing and establishingquality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. They will gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. They will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into business systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
- Provide formal functional training to other areas of the organization as needed.
- Act as second level support for software/system issues which includes incident management coming from the front line operations team. When an incident is deemed a software defect, they must open the appropriate defect ticket, test the fix and monitor its progress through the rest of the SDLC process
- Occasionally communicate directly with customers for support purposes
- Analyze the business requirements in order to develop in-depth understanding of the expected behavior of the system/application. This is accomplished via walkthroughs and individual discussions with Solution Architects, Business and system Analysts, Tech
Support Analyst and any other stakeholder.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business
- Administration or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- 5 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including J2EE frameworks
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Oracle is a plus), automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Proven experience writing test plans and test cases
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Spectacular communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the Solaris operating system
- Shell scripting
- Familiarity with the project lifecycle and methodology
- Working knowledge of LDAP servers/protocols
- Java script knowledge
- Web test automation skills using multiple tools (e-test, jmeter etc.)
- Familiarity with the Solaris operating system
- Thorough understanding of the Canadian Investment fund industry is a plus
- Familiarity with SWIFT messages
Indeed - 14 months ago
GSI Group Inc. (GSIG) designs, develops, manufactures and sells lasers, laser systems, precision motion devices, associated precision motion...