Our Government client is looking for a Project Manager for their Web Re-Design, Re-Development project. We are looking for a Project Manager with extensive experience working on web development projects. This is 6 month project to start with the posibility of a 6 month extension. This position will be located in downtown, Toronto. If you have the skills required please send your resume as soon as possible.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- Defining and reviewing the business case and requirements and translating technical requirements into functional specifications and actionable work plans.
- Developing full scale project plans and facilitating the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables and identifying project tasks and resource requirements.
- Leading the planning and implementation of project and tracking project. deliverables, milestones, inter-project dependences and program reporting by using appropriate tools.
- Creating the resource management and responsibility matrix.
- Coordinating project staff, setting and meeting deadlines, coordinating launches, and facilitating communication.
- Managing project budget, planning and scheduling project timelines and ensuring project budget is managed throughout the duration of the project.
- Reporting to EDC senior management and other stakeholders on progress at various stages throughout the work.
- Obtaining stakeholders signoff on key deliverables.
- Proactively managing risks, and systematically resolving or escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Leveraging project management best practices and incorporating lessons learned into day-to-day project activities.
- Overseeing development and monitor the training plan.
- Ensuring that project documentation is updated and current.
- Facilitating and overseeing standards compliance for project document management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- A project management designation or certification is a definite asset.
- At least 10 years of project management and consulting experience.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing large and complex IT projects.
- Clear understanding of Business Requirements, Statement of Work, Project Plan, System Development Life Cycle, etc.
- Experience with proven project methodology tools/software.
- MS project planning and scheduling including identification and management to the Critical Path.
- Experience and knowledge of policies, procedures and standards with respect to enterprise project management methodologies.
- Strong working experience and knowledge of complex IT project issues resolution, risk and change management.
- Experience with project scope and change control methodologies as they apply to large technology projects.
- Working knowledge with development and management of project reporting tools and methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating and managing project communications and on ability to create executive briefing and status reporting.
- Capability to prepare project documentation (e.g. charters, business case, project plan, requirements specification, schedule, risk registers, project review report, etc.).
- Ability to plan, coordinate and follow up on the work of teams of resources consisting of finance and government business stakeholders, information & technology stakeholders and contract resources.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and recent web developments
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and a communication skills.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server 2003 or higher.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools ( Excel , Visio, PowerPoint, etc).
- Familiarity with project methodologies and standards (PLC, ITIL) and tools, e.g. SharePoint, Vignette.
- Experience with SDLC ( System Development Life Cycle ) , SMLC ( System Management Life Cycle), etc.
- Project Charter that outlines the project objectives, scope, estimated costs, estimated duration, deliverables, risks, assumptions, project sponsors, additional resource requirements, etc.
- Roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders.
- Schedule and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Deliver detail Project Plan for each phase of the project (include communication plan, risk and staff management plan, etc.).
- Analyze results and creating reports for Management as needed.
- Create and provide presentation for Management team.
- Track problem and document issues within a project.
- Record and provide meeting minutes.
- Deliver, distribute and update documentation (e.g. charters, business case, requirements specification, schedule, risk registers, project review report, etc.).
- Obtain stakeholders signoff on key deliverables.
- Management of Budget for Capital IT project.
Since 1990 GSI Group has been the innovative leader in staffing solutions, outsourcing and consulting services for Canada’s technology...