Summary of functions
The Public Relations and Social Media Specialist must find creative ways to keep the compangy’s brand name in public eye. Public Relations Specialist select information that they want to share with the public and write up press releases or conduct press conferences to distribute the news through media and social media. He is also responsible for interacting with media and maintain strong professional relationship with PR agency and media.
- Develop and manage a strategic, proactive public relations and media strategy;
- Write press releases and key communcation pieces that serve to promote the activities of the brand.
- Proactively identify communication opportunities and develop supporting strategies;
- Respond to incoming media requests;
- Research industry trend and relevant topics and recommend how to best position the brand;
- Have an existing network of contacts that can be tapped for appropriate opportunities and continue to develop and cultivate the contact database;
- Secure brand product features and placements in media;
- Develop overall press strategy for US Market;
- Develop lauch concepts with Marketing and manage new product lauches by securing consistent press in core media categories;
- Create and manage e-mail distribution of press placement reports;
- Liaise with public relations firms.
- Be the contact for social media.
- Manage social media such as Instagram, Pinterest, Tumbler, Facebook and Twitter.
- Develop strategies on social media.
- Plan and develop strategies on starting blogging again that social media outlets are well established.
- Advise brand managers, marketing and oather internal departments to identify, consolidate and manage the implementation of projects related to social media.
- Monitor the progress of selected projects and produce periodic reports to assess the project results.
- Make research in archives and on the internet.
- The liaison between the creative directors and our public relations firms.
- Insure all marketing materials that will be used are approved by creative directors (weekly-web flyers).
- Perform any other tasks inherent to the position or at the request of the manager.
- Bachelor degree in communication, PR, journalism or related field.
- Three to five years experience in a similar position.
- Experience and knowldege in fashion event as Toronto Fashion Week;
- Experience working at a fashion publication or other media;
- Experience in the use of social media for commercial purposes;
- Experience in projects development and social media including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Google+m Linkedin, Pinterest, blogging platforms and other new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communiction and presentation skills in English and French languages.
- Organization skills;
- Ability to work independently, meeting goals and deadlines;
- Show proactivity and tenacity in problem solving;
Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment and changing priorities;
- Good time management and multi-tasking;
- Ability to maintain an even temperament under stress;
- Have the ability to emerge as a strategic advisor;
- Have an amazing sens of humor and can bring out the best in others;
- Team spirit;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;