Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts payable Clerk is primarily responsible to handle the matching, verification, coding and data entry of a high volume of supplier invoices for APP Canada . The ideal candidate will also have prior accounting experience working in a fast-paced environment handling disbursements, GST-QST sales tax filing and bank reconciliations.
- Receive and verify incoming invoices (Services and supplies, expense reports and sub-contracters).
- Match invoices to receiving documents and PO’s where applicable.
- Code, sign and validate the sales tax rate as applicable to each invoice.
- Ensure all invoices are approved by the Controller and processed in Visual 2000.
- Request the annual marketing budget and match to invoices as events occur.
- reconcile supplier statements and record debit or credit adjustments as required.
- Prepare bi-monthly check runs for for supply and service invoices.
- Print checks for signature and mailing.
- Process weeky check runs for employee expenses and domestic contractors.
- Maintain the filing system of all A/P invoices and control the archive room.
- Prepare month-end journal entries.
- Perform other assigned month-end procedures for the monthly closing.
- Prepare and file the monthly GST-QST report for APP Canada.
- Handle the reconciliation of Intercompany accounts.
- Maintain office equipment: paper, toner and service calls when required.
- Assist the accounting team with special projects and other duties as required.
- Assume additional Accounting responsibilities including analysis, account reconciliations and various schedules as assigned by the controller.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Intermediate Excel, Outlook and Word);
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Quick Books a definite asset.
- Bilingualism is required (English and French);
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a team as well as autonomously;
- Exercise professionalism, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal relations;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated organizational and follow-through abilities;
- Good sense of judgement and takes initiatives;
- Willingness to learn;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to manage stress
Indeed - 15 months ago