GP Strategies Employee Reviews

Get the experience and then get out-- white collar sweatshop
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  VAMay 19, 2016
Many of the jobs at this company are mis-classified as hourly casual jobs. Qualified experienced talent is only engaged ad hoc a couple hours a week at the discretion of low level project managers who don't understand labor laws. The problem is, folks, that it is illegal not to pay hourly employees for their work even if you can't bill the client. Many experienced new hires are brought in under these circumstances hoping to get a full time salaried gig with benefits.
I worked here to get experience. Which I did. And that's it. This company needs a major management overhaul. Hopefully the new overtime laws will cause the leadership to review their management practices
Nice place to work
Desktop Support Analyst Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 25, 2016
Nice place to work has some issues but then what place doesn't, Desktop Support is much the same in any company, GP has its challenges due to the inefficiencies of a team oriented support structure, and organizational issues. Its pluses are its great people its pay structure and its location as well as its stature in the industry.
Interesting projects and oppportunities, but unstable company
Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 15, 2016
While GP is a great company to work for, they are unstable and not doing well in the industry. Employees are made to worry about not having enough work to do and are often furloughed through no fault of their own.
Pros
Interesting work and opportunities
Cons
unstable
Good company
Mechanical Engineer- Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Good company great work environment and training. GP Strategies cover many industries and business. they have projects overseas. Flexible hours
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
it is hard to find a permanent position (they use contractors)
I work at a contract location
Training Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2016
My experience with GP has been from a distance since a work at a client site. Their benefits are very good and I have been with them for over 5 years now.

They are a training organization and work all over the world.
Very nice company
Program Administrator/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 13, 2016
I work with a great group of ladies in a very busy call center. We handle many company education/tuition accounts. It is a very good company and very competitive in their fields.
Great flexible schedule working from home
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 27, 2016
Great work from home job that allows me to be flexible with my family needs. Small close-knit group that really works well together.
Leaders in the Industry
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 12, 2016
Several divisions and leadership. Smart people with great diversity. Most people do not leave. Many employees have been there for upward of 15 years. Experts in the industry.
Very hands off management that respects your skills
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2015
Very hands off management, as long as you are completing your duties and the customer is happy you are free to manage your time as you see fit. The benefits are good and management is overall fair.
Project Lead
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 11, 2016
GP Strategies is an excellent company. Positive management team that encourages growth in all business areas. Great company to engage with for a long period of time.
Job may not last long
Cisco Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 5, 2015
My job as a Cisco Instructor for GP Strategies was well-compensated, and I got great management support. Unfortunately, demand for the course I am teaching appears to be evaporating, and I am not getting a lot of work.
Fun, Beneficial and decent salary.
sales team leader (Former Employee) –  HalifaxJanuary 5, 2016
I loved my job working at GP strategies as i was the leader of a small call center, but unfortunately i was made redundant.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
staff morale
Great company to work for
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 27, 2015
The best thing about GP Strategies is their willingness to work with you. Management is extremely supportive in making your job/life balance work for you. They are willing to make adjustments to scheduling, travel situations, and assignments so that you can accomplish your personal goals.
Unfortunately, there are issues with finding job advancement or career path. If you know exactly what you want and how you plan to go about getting there, this is not an issue. However, you have to know what steps to take because the company does not have a direct path to any specific career.
A great company and reputation
Implementation Consultant - SuccessFactors (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 31, 2015
This company is the best I've worked for in terms of trust, work/life balance and personal growth. I have the best Manager and fantastic work colleagues.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
For me, no UK office base
Friendly environment that drives work with fun culture
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, TNApril 14, 2015
Friendly environment that drives work with fun culture
Work culture provided scope for learning
Co-workers are very friendly and helpful
Fun at work is an important part of the work culture
Working across teams are made easy
Great entry into the workforce.
Learning Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 28, 2015
Great place for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit to take charge and find a position that works for them. Don't expect to be guided properly though, at least in the Learning group.
friendly
receptionist (Former Employee) –  StockportAugust 13, 2014
At GP Strategies I was only their for help to find a job. And then someone suggested that I did some work experience whilst I was there on reception. My typical day would to be sorting out the ingoing and outgoing post, photocopying, filling forms out on the computer and keeping the store room tidy. I worked alongside a very friendly women who taught me very well and was very helpful. Overall I enjoyed my work experience at GP Strategies a lot.
Pros
long lunches
productive great place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 9, 2015
load & unload various trucks organize warehouse for incoming shipments receive office equipment inventory material in warehouse transport office equipment to proper location
Good Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2015
They are a good company. Management is supportive. They could do a better job at integrating the different workstreams for smoother transactions.
Pros
very little travel necessary
Cons
no office in my state
A basic job in a crowded field
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  HQ is in MarylandJuly 10, 2014
This is a company I'd really like to love. Really great people, but the clients are absolutely confused and the distributed workforce doesn't work for higher level instructional design. Make-work projects seem crafted from a high school curriculum while we all log indirect time waiting for additional work. They pay great benefits and pay at or above scale for talent in many geographic areas. If you can stand the lack of focus, lack of process, and lack of purpose.
Pros
exceptionally talented co-workers. good teamwork. one of the best work-at-home policies.
Cons
clients require use of dated technology (winxp! adobe cs5! really?), clients typically don't know what they're buying, company doesn't know what they're selling, the project managers and developers get stuck in the middle.