GP Strategies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a good gig while it lasted
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Elkridge, MD (main offce)August 28, 2012
Pros: good suport from my manager, travel balanced by some downtime
Cons: downsized without warning, travel could be excesive
Attention was paid to see that we were well oriented and prepared for our work. Our manager supported us well with the clients, and their sometimes unrealistic demands. There was a lot of travel, but usually had plenty of advanced warning, and arrangements were made satisfactorily. Compensation was apparently on the low end of the scale, and benefits were lacking compared to previous employers. Not working out of a GP site kept us remote from the company and I never really felt much of a part of it. In the end, we had received reports of new clients being brought on and a rosy picture, then suddenly my scheduled was changed and the next week half my team was laid off due to lack of work. Although one always finds something to complain about with their job, this was one of the best positions I have had and am sorry it didn't last longer.
A basic job in a crowded field
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), HQ is in MarylandJuly 10, 2014
Pros: exceptionally talented co-workers. good teamwork. one of the best work-at-home policies.
Cons: clients require use of dated technology (winxp! adobe cs5! really?), clients typically don't know what they're buying, company doesn't know what they're selling, the project managers and developers get stuck in the middle.
This is a company I'd really like to love. Really great people, but the clients are absolutely confused and the distributed workforce doesn't work for higher level instructional design. Make-work projects seem crafted from a high school curriculum while we all log indirect time waiting for additional work. They pay great benefits and pay at or above scale for talent in many geographic areas. If you can stand the lack of focus, lack of process, and lack of purpose.
GP provides valuable Training Solutions on a contract basis
Training Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: working for a large organization allows for great benefits
Cons: having such a small gp presence, leaves me out of touch with the gp culture
During a typical day at work I am making sure that I am servicing the needs of the client to the best of my ability. I am there to run their training center. I support the trainers and the learners in any way they need assistance. I thoroughly enjoy working with the trainers, both internal and external.

All in all, the most valuable and enjoyable part of my job is the customer service work that I do. I know that I have made a difference.
Great company to work for
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), RemoteAugust 27, 2015
The best thing about GP Strategies is their willingness to work with you. Management is extremely supportive in making your job/life balance work for you. They are willing to make adjustments to scheduling, travel situations, and assignments so that you can accomplish your personal goals.
Unfortunately, there are issues with finding job advancement or career path. If you know exactly what you want and how you plan to go about getting there, this is not an issue. However, you have to know what steps to take because the company does not have a direct path to any specific career.
Productive and fun workplace with a 4x4 off-road workshop fabrication center out back.
Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great exposure to the engineering environment.
Cons: extreme climate conditions.
A typical day at work included laying lots of pipe. Drilling concrete, cutting countless amounts of uni-strut, badgering of other subcontractors to give back our previously loaned out tools, and working in 115 degree heat were all in a typical days' work. I learned the true value of water on this job. Communication was extremely important because of the correlation between patience and extreme heat.
Positive environment that allows for opportunities to develop and refine professional abilities.
Training Consultant - Full-time (Current Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 24, 2014
GP Strategies is a positive work environment that provides many opportunities to sharpen skills for a number of career paths. One cam expect to be surrounded by talented individuals to aide in any effort.

The difficult part of the job is rapidly evolving to each client and their specific needs to succeed. This is also one of the enjoyable parts that leads to development of new abilities that one needs to succeed within GP.
friendly
receptionist (Former Employee), StockportAugust 13, 2014
Pros: long lunches
At GP Strategies I was only their for help to find a job. And then someone suggested that I did some work experience whilst I was there on reception. My typical day would to be sorting out the ingoing and outgoing post, photocopying, filling forms out on the computer and keeping the store room tidy. I worked alongside a very friendly women who taught me very well and was very helpful. Overall I enjoyed my work experience at GP Strategies a lot.
Great place to work with a great team and atmosphere
Learning for Work Tutor (Current Employee), HalifaxFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free parking
Really fast and full on but left to use your own initiative.

I have learned a great deal about funding and learning processes while working at GP Strategies.

My manager is in one word amazing.

The team are great and very supportive.

There is an awful lot of administration to the job, but I do feel you would face this in every job.

Watching young people progress into apprenticeships.
Excellent opportunity to stretch your skillset
Senior Consultant / Project Manager (Current Employee), USAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: opportunity to stretch skillset
Cons: extensive travel without regard for work/life balance.
Focus is on the bottom line for investors, therefore the work is also focused on this. Not always aligned with customer needs as much as opportunity for increased revenue.
Fun place to work, great team environment.
Team Lead - Instructional Designer (Current Employee), New London, CTJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: less pto benefits than provided by other companies.
GP believes in creating an environment that allows for creativity to flourish. Teamwork is always encouraged and emphasis is placed on delivering high quality products all while having fun.
Friendly environment that drives work with fun culture
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNApril 14, 2015
Friendly environment that drives work with fun culture
Work culture provided scope for learning
Co-workers are very friendly and helpful
Fun at work is an important part of the work culture
Working across teams are made easy
Creative and excellent management
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Boxborough, MAApril 18, 2014
Pros: growing company, management, work-life balance
Cons: not flexible in finding new assignments
This company is driven for success. Management easy to reach and excel at communication. Life work-balance is great and extremely talented and fun co-workers!
A great company and reputation
Implementation Consultant - SuccessFactors (Current Employee), Home BasedJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Work Flexibility
Cons: For me, no UK office base
This company is the best I've worked for in terms of trust, work/life balance and personal growth. I have the best Manager and fantastic work colleagues.
Very hands off management that respects your skills
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2015
Very hands off management, as long as you are completing your duties and the customer is happy you are free to manage your time as you see fit. The benefits are good and management is overall fair.
A good company
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee), Portland ORAugust 17, 2013
I have generally had very good experiences with the Portland branch of GP. It is a very open and collaborative culture, with small teams working on projects. Management is fairly unobtrusive which makes life better.
good job too many hours and always changing
technical trainer\electrcal support (Current Employee), Troy, MIApril 30, 2013
Pros: aiding in electrical diag
Cons: too many hours
day to day work is in the assy plants assisting the plant repairmen with electrical diagnostics on new product launch vehicles
Job may not last long
Cisco Instructor (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 5, 2015
My job as a Cisco Instructor for GP Strategies was well-compensated, and I got great management support. Unfortunately, demand for the course I am teaching appears to be evaporating, and I am not getting a lot of work.
Great entry into the workforce.
Learning Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMay 28, 2015
Great place for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit to take charge and find a position that works for them. Don't expect to be guided properly though, at least in the Learning group.
productive great place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Edgewood, MDMarch 9, 2015
load & unload various trucks organize warehouse for incoming shipments receive office equipment inventory material in warehouse transport office equipment to proper location
Good Company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2015
Pros: very little travel necessary
Cons: no office in my state
They are a good company. Management is supportive. They could do a better job at integrating the different workstreams for smoother transactions.