GP Strategies

GP Strategies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great company and reputation
Implementation Consultant - SuccessFactors (Current Employee), Home BasedJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Work Flexibility
Cons: For me, no UK office base
This company is the best I've worked for in terms of trust, work/life balance and personal growth. I have the best Manager and fantastic work colleagues.
Great entry into the workforce.
Learning Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMay 28, 2015
Great place for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit to take charge and find a position that works for them. Don't expect to be guided properly though, at least in the Learning group.
Friendly environment that drives work with fun culture
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNApril 14, 2015
Friendly environment that drives work with fun culture
Work culture provided scope for learning
Co-workers are very friendly and helpful
Fun at work is an important part of the work culture
Working across teams are made easy
productive great place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Edgewood, MDMarch 9, 2015
load & unload various trucks organize warehouse for incoming shipments receive office equipment inventory material in warehouse transport office equipment to proper location
Good Company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2015
Pros: very little travel necessary
Cons: no office in my state
They are a good company. Management is supportive. They could do a better job at integrating the different workstreams for smoother transactions.
Technical Trainer (Current Employee), Troy, MIDecember 4, 2014
Given a great amount of autonomy and allowed to think and work out of the box.
review
Program Director (Microsoft) (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 22, 2014
large training company focused on quality and client satisfaction.
friendly
receptionist (Former Employee), StockportAugust 13, 2014
Pros: long lunches
At GP Strategies I was only their for help to find a job. And then someone suggested that I did some work experience whilst I was there on reception. My typical day would to be sorting out the ingoing and outgoing post, photocopying, filling forms out on the computer and keeping the store room tidy. I worked alongside a very friendly women who taught me very well and was very helpful. Overall I enjoyed my work experience at GP Strategies a lot.
SOP, trouble shooting of refinery operations, Unsaturated gas plant, crude stabilizer
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJuly 14, 2014
Pros: well versed in dcs control systems
Plant operation from DCS, field in refinery, crude stabilizer,
SOPs for OIL & GAS, JSA, RA, MOC
Fun place to work, great team environment.
Team Lead - Instructional Designer (Current Employee), New London, CTJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: less pto benefits than provided by other companies.
GP believes in creating an environment that allows for creativity to flourish. Teamwork is always encouraged and emphasis is placed on delivering high quality products all while having fun.
A basic job in a crowded field
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), HQ is in MarylandJuly 10, 2014
Pros: exceptionally talented co-workers. good teamwork. one of the best work-at-home policies.
Cons: clients require use of dated technology (winxp! adobe cs5! really?), clients typically don't know what they're buying, company doesn't know what they're selling, the project managers and developers get stuck in the middle.
This is a company I'd really like to love. Really great people, but the clients are absolutely confused and the distributed workforce doesn't work for higher level instructional design. Make-work projects seem crafted from a high school curriculum while we all log indirect time waiting for additional work. They pay great benefits and pay at or above scale for talent in many geographic areas. If you can stand the lack of focus, lack of process, and lack of purpose.
productive
Student (Current Employee), Halifax, ENGJune 12, 2014
Good college. Really kind and polite tutors all have your best interests at heart.
good company
Learner Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), yorkshire regionJune 8, 2014
national training provider, good company to work for with lots of training available.
Creative and excellent management
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Boxborough, MAApril 18, 2014
Pros: growing company, management, work-life balance
Cons: not flexible in finding new assignments
This company is driven for success. Management easy to reach and excel at communication. Life work-balance is great and extremely talented and fun co-workers!
Love the company
Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 8, 2014
The managemnet wasnt the best. Great place just bad employees. Awesome and very employee friendly and loved the job and hours.
Productive and fun workplace with a 4x4 off-road workshop fabrication center out back.
Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great exposure to the engineering environment.
Cons: extreme climate conditions.
A typical day at work included laying lots of pipe. Drilling concrete, cutting countless amounts of uni-strut, badgering of other subcontractors to give back our previously loaned out tools, and working in 115 degree heat were all in a typical days' work. I learned the true value of water on this job. Communication was extremely important because of the correlation between patience and extreme heat.
Positive environment that allows for opportunities to develop and refine professional abilities.
Training Consultant - Full-time (Current Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 24, 2014
GP Strategies is a positive work environment that provides many opportunities to sharpen skills for a number of career paths. One cam expect to be surrounded by talented individuals to aide in any effort.

The difficult part of the job is rapidly evolving to each client and their specific needs to succeed. This is also one of the enjoyable parts that leads to development of new abilities that one needs to succeed within GP.
Great place to work with a great team and atmosphere
Learning for Work Tutor (Current Employee), HalifaxFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free parking
Really fast and full on but left to use your own initiative.

I have learned a great deal about funding and learning processes while working at GP Strategies.

My manager is in one word amazing.

The team are great and very supportive.

There is an awful lot of administration to the job, but I do feel you would face this in every job.

Watching young people progress into apprenticeships.
Efficient , focussed company
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), BurtonOctober 29, 2013
Pros: most if not all 'out of pocket' expenses are covered.
Cons: can work at weekends
Representing GP Strategies you work on behalf of client, ensuring works are completed to program and to cost.
Productive and interesting/challenging work
Repair and Overhaul Engineer (Former Employee), Yeovil, ENGOctober 11, 2013
Pros: flexible company
I found them to be extremely professional and I learnt a great deal during the period I was employed by them.

About GP Strategies

GP Strategies Corporation (GP Strategies), incorporated in 1959, is a provider of customized training solutions focused on performance – Read more