GP Strategies Corporation Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Learner recruitment consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham25 November 2016
No training given and direct management were lazy. No engagement with staff apart from being told you've not done well enough (with unrealistic targets). Threatend constantly with job loss and made tonfeel like a number. All staff were unhappy.
Cons
Poor Company with no ambition who put immense pressure on staff
Tutor/ Teacher (Former Employee) –  Blackpool15 January 2016
I worked as Tutor for this company from 2009 to 2014. During the Beneast days I would of highly recommended this company. However when the company was taken over 2012/2013 by GP Strategies.
Then mass redundancies and a company who new nothing about what they were doing took over. Pressure from senior management to hit targets in employability and qualifications that learners are never going to achieve.
The college is based on the outskirts of Blackpool and this also makes it difficult to send learners too.
I remember once being in a meeting with a senior manager where the senior manager tried to get me to get other teachers and staff into trouble by "snitching" on them.
Also a manager higher than this telling all staff around the table that if you don't like the job then "leave".
From a company that was highly in profit under Beneast to a company that has no idea what it is doing.
Working for this company will seriously affect your career and your mental health.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Poor Management - Bully Boy Tactics
Challenging, fast paced job.
Mechanical Engineering Manager & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CA23 November 2014
Although this is a corporation this business unit is run like it's own medium sized company. The staff have many roles which keeps the job interesting and challenging. The business unit performs engineering, design, fabrication, and construction.
Workplace has a productive environment and overall good place to work.
Senior Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, Tx14 January 2014
A typical day at work involves ensuring the days agenda is prepared and all tasks are prioritized. Being an administrative person requires being prepared for your tasks and the ability to be available to all personnel for assistance while executing those tasks.

I am the Administrative Assistant to the Sr. Vice President and two Directors. Each superior has very different styles of managing and it is imperative that an Administrative Assistant is able to cohesively work among those styles.

The hardest part of my job is the commute. I enjoy my job and all of its aspects but find the time spent on the road to be a bit of a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to be versatile and assist various employees, clients and perform varying tasks.
Hard work with a variety of interns
Training Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH2 February 2013
I am able to come into the office and work with numerous other interns. We work on documents individually on our own computers but use each other for advice and support. This atmosphere is fairly fast pace but enjoyable. We are able to talk to each other as we work hard.
Productive workplace
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR19 June 2012
A self-empowered place to work. To work here, you need to be a self-starter, work without management oversight, and be able to teach yourself. The office is filled with very talented, creative individuals who work hard so they can play hard. We have free food, espresso, and ping pong which is a plus.
Pros
free food, cool people, nice work/life balance
Cons
no career advancement training, no training for new employees, little management involvment

2.6