GP Strategies Corporation Job Description
SUMMARY: Develops, writes and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs and related technical and administrative publications by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observes production, developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Interviews production, maintenance and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Reviews manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance and service of equipment.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure and production sequence and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to designated standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding. Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material and assists in laying out material for publication.
- Creating and editing “SOPs” (Standard Operating Procedures).
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be located in Calgary.
- Experience working in Alberta, familiarity with Calgary and local issues.
- Diploma in technical writing or equivalent with 2 years of experience.
- Accomplishments in successful delivery of 2 projects similar in scope and size.
- Collaboration with diverse group of stakeholders.
- Client-focused, highly-collaborative engagements.
- Proficiency with technical writing related software, including Adobe FrameMaker 9.0, Livelink, Adobe Acrobat Pro, MS Office.