GM

GM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Run!
Lead Paint Supervisor/Engineer (Former Employee), Bowling Green KYMay 21, 2014
GM was a horrible place to work and I wished I had left sooner than I did. If you like to be verbally assaulted and have your job threatened daily this is a place for you. If you want your career to be based off of your merit then Run! this place is not for you. It is who likes you and who does not. Culture is cutthroat......
Great Energetic Environment
Chief Information Security Officer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 21, 2014
Being in a very competitive area, talent is the key in driving the company forward. Innovation and forward thinking is fostered throughout the organization. It is a very fast paced environment, with talented staff and leadership.
Always exciting
District Manager Aftersales (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMay 19, 2014
A typical day includes driving to one of my dealership and peforming consulting to the dealership's fixed operations department.
Great work environment to grow in
Fender Fitter (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses, benefits
Cons: hard to get in skilled trades
Working on the assembly line, day in day out. not difficult.You get to work with and meet people from all over. Great social environment if that's something you enjoy. Did a little mig welding for them. Get to build the latest trucks and get discounts on them for yourself, and friends and family as well. Most enjoyable part is getting paid every week.
Awesome place to work for
Director of Operations GM de Mexico (Former Employee), Mexico CityMay 16, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and lunch
I was stationed in Mexico as the director of Operations nad was pleased with the culture. Gm encourages employees to balance work and home.
Good Job
ILM Management (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 15, 2014
Pros: nice environment to work in
ILM Management, I learned how to work hard and how to work well as with a team.
Learned a lot in a short amount of time
Student Worker (Current Employee), Defiance, OHMay 13, 2014
The biggest thing I can take away from my time at GM is that I learned so much. There is plenty of information out there for one to get a hold of about this company and they do a good job of making it easy. The things I learned were not necessarily taught to me by a co-worker, I learned a lot from just daily reading that is sent out by the company. – more... The process of the foundry is very interesting and has many moving parts. After living here my whole life, it was nice to finally see what literally drives this area. GM Defiance has several departments that deal with multiple different things. These departments do not always get along and people seem to always think they can think of a better process than someone else and there tends to be a lot of confusion between the different areas. That is really my only complaint about this job. I do not think that factory life is for me, but I definitely enjoyed the learning aspect of this experience. – less
Busy place, and wonderful way to learn the industry!!
Customer Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Warren, MIMay 12, 2014
Pros: helping customers, great benefits
Cons: long days, longer breaks
The position gets very busy at times, but it is great experience!! Wonderful way to learn more about the automotive industry.
Summer Help
Production Associate (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 12, 2014
This was a short term assignment. I got exactly what I needed out of it.
no good
Security Sergeant (Former Employee), Defiance, OHMay 9, 2014
Pros: allways had hours to work
Cons: had to work hours no matter what
Very high expectations for very low pay
allot of forced overtime
management was awful
dealing with GM employees was the worst part
something different every day
Learning Experience in a competitive and nurturing environment
Retailer Measurement Specialist (Former Employee), Luton, ENGMay 9, 2014
A typical day at GM would involve creating daily reports, whether it be financial or sales. Benchmarking these reports against the national averages and the competitors. Analyzing the data and presenting it. On top of that, there are adhoc requests from the field team. They require retailer specific data which I will collect and analyze.
Numerous skills – more... were gained during the one year placement. My analyzing skills, data collection, research skills were all developed. Furthermore, I learnt the workings of a multinational. – less
A Lifetime Career
Body Shop (Former Employee), Moraine, OHMay 4, 2014
A excellent paying job with excellent benefits. Many opportunities for advancement with either the union or with the company. In todays economy these type jobs are the most sought after especially with their pay.
Great company to work for
Production Worker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2014
I liked it here they laid me off due to plant closing. They had great managers and understanding manager.
Daily Task
Supervisor (Current Employee), Warren, MIApril 30, 2014
Direct the daily activities of the Customer assistance center
• Lead advisors by providing feedback and guidance to ensure process adherence
• Manage departmental metrics to improve efficiency and identify areas of opportunity
• Engage in continuous coaching to develop advisors and drive performance
• Coordinate weekly call quality monitoring to ensure – more... business standards are being met
• Provide interview and selection support for Business Resource Center personnel – less
This was my career. Great career as a Supervisor, highly productive and respected
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Warren, MIApril 29, 2014
Pros: permanent position, great people, advancement, compensation, highly respected
Cons: sometimes long hours but well worth it
This was my career for over 35 years. The last 10 years were as Lead Supervisor of Skilled Trades.

Serviced all maintenance issues for 11 Research and Development buildings.
A terrible place to work
a-z line worker (Former Employee), Lake Orion, MIApril 29, 2014
Cons: 12 hr shifts with only 30 min lunch break
GM only hires people in 89 day increments. They will use you for 89 days and then make any excuse to fire you so that they don't have to promote you or give you benefits.
Ever-changing technology
Team Leader/Production Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 23, 2014
Pros: ability to work with state of the art technology
Cons: sometimes hot enviornment
A typical day at General Motors was training a group of people the proper way to build a car. Not only did I do that but I also maintained a monthly budget, kept charts of the capacity to learn on behalf of team members and held daily meetings with management. The best part of the job was training the members and seeing a final product built safely.
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 22, 2014
Apply parts to trucks as they come down the line. Pretty good place to work.
New experience for me
Mech-tech (Former Employee), assembly in springhillApril 22, 2014
The work was new for me. The job was perfect for me because I stayed busy. My supervisors taught me a lot.
GM
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work 6:30 to 3:30 first shift working on a production line put together trucks. You have to brake what we call first brake and then lunch brake.

What i learned while working at GM is putting cars and truck together
is not as hard as people think. I learned how to work on my own cars and how run computer programs

Management for the – more... most part are fair with their employees and my co worker most of them are easy to get along with

The hardest part of the job are learning new job

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new job – less

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more