GM

GM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
General Motors
Trainer and Operator (Former Employee), Doraville, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, freedom to work without direct supervision
Cons: being laid of because of plant closing
10 hour work days; automotive industry;management was understanding to employee needs and suggestions; made long lasting friends that were very helpful to each other; hardest part of job was being laid offloved every aspect of the job...
Referee
Kelly Services Temp (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 17, 2014
Pros: fun and entertaining work
Cons: limited hours
It was fun working with youth baseball and floor hockey for the city of Lansing but in the end I did not get enough hours to make it worth staying with them. But as a part time employment it was very fun place to work.
good place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), washington dcNovember 15, 2014
Pros: holiday break
Cons: healthcare
The company is very diverse in culture. The hours are flexible. The company is stable, most employees have been there for 20+ years.
productive & challenging workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Linden, NJNovember 14, 2014
Pros: very good co. to work for
Cons: nothing worth mentioning
very productive & challenging, learned how to deal with varying personalities, had to motivate people which I was very successful doing in my career at general motors.great satisfaction was accomplished by me
It is an alright job
Standards and Specifications (Former Employee), Warren, MINovember 13, 2014
Things in the company move very slowly. Most managers are competent but the work culture there makes it difficult to work at times.
Excellent workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: airlines ticket discount
Cons: work late
Excellent workplace, good management, great compensation, great coworkers, the hardest part is when work late and the enjoyable one is when we reach the goals .
reliable job very hard working and fast pace
1st Cook, 2nd Cook, Lead Dishwasher (Former Employee), Warren, MINovember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches very good pay and wonderful management
Cons: no room for advancement
setup dish mahine and garbage handler provide help with hot and cold products bakery and pasty and stock and inventory.
Nice place to work.
Cad Design (Current Employee), Warren, MINovember 7, 2014
Pros: nice people - work.
Cons: too far - lack of benefits from contract shop!
Overall great to work here. Able to improve with classes. Great boss. Nice co-workers. Comfortable work place.
Wonderful opportunity
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Rio Piedras, PRNovember 7, 2014
Pros: expanded knowledge base, networking
Surrounded by some of the most talented and professional people I'd ever met, I was able to learn a vast amount quickly. A fast-paced environment that required dedication and attention to detail.
fun place
Outreach Supervisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: everything
gm was able to open a lot of doors for me and i truly do appreciate it. it was the most amazing experience i have had
Poor Leadership and Management
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Wentzville, MONovember 4, 2014
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
Wentzville General Motors is not reflected of corporate standards set by headquarters. Wentzville lacks management and leadership visionaries that are able to take it to next level to compete with other plants.
n/a
Presenter (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 4, 2014
Great company to work for! I thoroughly enjoyed my colleagues and work atmosphere.
Just like working with people at the time. Now that I'm retired, I don't have contact with a lot of people.
General Foreman Plant weld coordinator (Former Employee), Janesville, WINovember 4, 2014
I'm just looking for P/T non physical work. Maybe something I can do from home. I'm 74 and not as spry as I use to be. My start date at GM was in 1957 and ended 1992.
Large Company
IT (Current Employee), MINovember 3, 2014
GM is a huge organization. It's important to get to know as many people as possible to get work done.
Good workplace, good colleagues and good lunch.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), PTNovember 2, 2014
Pros: office
Cons: location
GM is a good place to work, where I can learn plenty of useful skills in the field of Automobile Engineering. Here I have many friendly co-workers, and I enjoyed every part in GM.
n/a
Contract Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Warren, MINovember 2, 2014
Great place to work no place to work if your looking for advancement potential.
Contract Position for two years
Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Warren, MINovember 1, 2014
Represented the Metal Fab Division in converting a legacy system to internet application.
Great place to WORK
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great pay and overtime
Cons: no longer there
Worked with older workers.Who can teach you how to do your work right in a timely manner.Great supervisiors and bosses.Always spoke to you as a BOSS should.Gave you respect and curtisy.Wish they where still there.
Machine Operator
machine operator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 29, 2014
Pros: quality parts
Cons: getting everyone to work together
I began working at 7am to 3:30pm. My job duties included using a procedure called "Man in motion" to produce parts from cell. I learned how to work smarter while making quality parts. Management and co-workers, I worked well with. The hardest part working at Gm, was getting everyone together as a team for one common goal. The most enjoyable part of – more... my job was producing quality parts as a team. – less
Contribute to the overall management of the IT function
Incident Analyst (Current Employee), Warren, MIOctober 29, 2014
Pros: quiet environment, friendly co-workers
Cons: short brakes, health benefit
- Provide technical support for all IT related hardware, network, printing, mobile device, websites, and application issues for Users from selected corporations.

- challenging, stressful sometimes but definitely learn a lot on IT knowledge and industry

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more