GM

GM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Manufacturing
Operator (Former Employee), Cumming, WADecember 9, 2014
This job was about building plastic car parts with huge machines
How important is advancement?
Supervisor (Former Employee), PontiacDecember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: politics and favoritism
If you are friends, play golf or party with the boss you will go places even if you are a complete idiot.
GM in the heart of Detroit, MI
IT Support Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 7, 2014
My first IT job that has taught me many things. In the heart of Detroit, MI- GM has a great work environment. The people I worked with were great, very patient and knowledgeable. Had excellent benefits.
Very poor work environment
Fork Truck operator (Former Employee), Lockport, NYDecember 5, 2014
Pros: entry level jobs over average pay
Cons: complete disfunctional work force
Management of production workers very poor.Lack of qualified supervisers who can motivate work force to do effecent quality work. Poor production practices and quality control issues. over all very negitive invironment to work in. Employee moral very low
Making Cars
UAW Hourly / Assembly (Former Employee), Doraville, GADecember 3, 2014
Worked on the assembly line. Typical UAW hourly job. Not much more to say about General Motors.
Fast Paced Environment with many opportunities to excel.
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Warren, MIDecember 2, 2014
Pros: being able to see the future vehicle designs.
Cons: needing to be available 24/7.
Answering Assembly Plants inquires, needs, engineering to problem solving, understanding the root cause of problems and working with suppliers to initiate a solution to correct the problem. Managed changes coming into the assembly with break points, managing suppliers of the product to understand the Assembly Plants needs and requirements to enable – more... a smooth new product launch or engineering enhancement. Hardest part of my job was managing suppliers in different time zones and communication with them. Most enjoyable part of my job was the people. I enjoy getting to know people and helping anywhere I can. – less
Excellent Corporation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXDecember 2, 2014
Enjoyed my yeas with the State of Texas. In this correction industry, I basically enjoyed all the experience I received from the Supervisors and fellow co-workers.
Good Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 2, 2014
Enjoyed all aspects of this company, family oriented, good work environment, safety utmost concern of company
Good people ! They were good well rounded people.
Automotive Painter, Pin Stripe and Quality Control (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: new cars to test over night, seeing what you built, just realy great bosses!
Cons: job security.
Typical day. Painting and pin stripping new cars.
Learnd. Sent me to school for automotive design !
Great co-workers.
Hardest part. When they closed the plant.
Most enjoyable. Seeing how nice the cars were when we were don'e.
Overall rating 5 stars for GM
Assembly Technician, Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Moraine, OHNovember 29, 2014
Pros: could stay at your station and eat your lunch
Cons: overtime was always great
I started working 3rd shift being a weekend warrior. Then I got the opportunity with me working so hard. I was offering full time 2nd shift. Don't get me wrong I loved working for GM, but it was Very hard work. I learned so much working in Trim department. It was so Awesome to build trailblazers. My coworkers were very helpful. Hardest part would be – more... having one minute to do each vehicle and making sure you don't shut the line down. I really thought I was going to retire from GM , but the company took a turn for the worst and the plant closed, which was very hard to believe. I learned so much and worked so hard, I really miss that place. – less
Great company to work with
Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 27, 2014
Great company to work with
Good management
wonderful co-workers
very happy working there
Productive work environment with a team of professionals
Second-Level Helpdesk Agent (Current Employee), Warren, MINovember 25, 2014
A good environment where the staff is well-trained and the customers' needs are the priority. It's nice to see a world-class organization making sure the needs of it's customers are taken care of.
Interesting and Challenging Work Environment
Process Control Manager (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNNovember 25, 2014
One of the most valuable lessons at GM is always learning to "do more with less". Everyday is very different even though most jobs are standardized. You will develop an eye for quality and will NEVER look at an automobile the same way again.
Fun and productive work environment
Project Manager/Scrum Master (Current Employee), Chandler, AzNovember 21, 2014
Pros: new building
Cons: lots of process
Lots of meetings, learning about new software functionality. Hardest part of my job is all of the meetings that I must attend.
Productive enviroment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Warren, MINovember 20, 2014
Great place to work, staff and management is nice, but job security unpredictable
Procurement & Monitoring shipping of vehicles
Temporary Buyer (Former Employee), Dubai, U.A.E.November 20, 2014
Pros: good working atmosphere
Cons: temporary position, commutation
I got to work on SAP. Though the job was for a short period, got the opportunity to work with one of the pioneers of automobile industry. Co-ordinating with various offices worldwide and interacting with people of different nationalities was appealing.
General Motors
Trainer and Operator (Former Employee), Doraville, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, freedom to work without direct supervision
Cons: being laid of because of plant closing
10 hour work days; automotive industry;management was understanding to employee needs and suggestions; made long lasting friends that were very helpful to each other; hardest part of job was being laid offloved every aspect of the job...
Referee
Kelly Services Temp (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 17, 2014
Pros: fun and entertaining work
Cons: limited hours
It was fun working with youth baseball and floor hockey for the city of Lansing but in the end I did not get enough hours to make it worth staying with them. But as a part time employment it was very fun place to work.
productive & challenging workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Linden, NJNovember 14, 2014
Pros: very good co. to work for
Cons: nothing worth mentioning
very productive & challenging, learned how to deal with varying personalities, had to motivate people which I was very successful doing in my career at general motors.great satisfaction was accomplished by me
It is an alright job
Standards and Specifications (Former Employee), Warren, MINovember 13, 2014
Things in the company move very slowly. Most managers are competent but the work culture there makes it difficult to work at times.

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more