GM

GM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
startup type environment
SR Test Analyst (Current Employee), Roswell, GAJuly 20, 2014
work closely with team members to review business requirements and establish test approach.
Great job
Inspection /Assembler / Spot Welder / Mig Welder (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJuly 18, 2014
enjoyed working there, made some great cars over the years, great pay and benefits.
Good Knowledge work Ethics
Procurement- Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 17, 2014
Ordering and follow up of vehicle parts with Global Suppliers

Meeting the build requirement and timely delivery of parts to run the production without any build stoppage

Vendor management

ensuring parts in the Bin and solving logistics issues
It is New
Technical Student Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: make your own work time, can possibly work from home.
Cons: not very united as of yet.
They just opened this facility in Austin, TX not so long ago so it is not where it should be just yet. They seem to be working on it but I am sure it takes time in order to accomplish this.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2014
Spent more than 30 years with GM. Good place to work. Pleasant workers and good pay.
Not a reliable career option
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Lordstown, OHJuly 12, 2014
Pros: consistant hours. lots of overtime available
Cons: no benefits/health insurance or job security
I worked 2nd Shift in Production/Car frame assembly. Everyday I came in 20 minutes early. Got my work gear ready, made sure to sign up for overtime for the week then replace the 1st shift employee on the job. The job was basically assembling different parts of the car frame and doing quality & safety inspections along the production line. I worked anywhere – more... from 8-12 hours a day and worked thru breaks & lunches for the extra overtime. Worked mostly Monday-Saturday, sometimes only Monday-Friday. I learned alot about the car manufacturing industry, the in's-out's of the union (UAW Local 1714) and the importance of safety in the work environment. Management was very easy to work & get along with. Co-workers were friendly and outgoing for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being kept on "Temp" status for the last year so the company doesn't have to pay myself and others benefits, bonuses and health insurance. Also, having to constantly worry about job security because "Temps" can be laid-off at anytime; which I am now. – less
Productive and it has a very nice atmosphere to work in.
Assembly (Current Employee), Brownstown, MIJuly 11, 2014
Pros: the best atmospgher i've ever worked in.
Cons: i am only a temperary employee.
Picking parts for prototype vehicles. There is always something new to learn everyday and my co-workers are very knowledgeable and team orientated. The hardest part of the job is going home at the end of the day because it is a very nice place to work because of the atmosphere that was developed by management and the team I work for.
Stand Alone Health Services Clinic
Advantis LLC Contractor (Current Employee), West Chester OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no chance for advancement, no salary raise, not a permamnt position
Plant nurse for a warehouse. See employees for occupational and non occupational injuries. Minor injuries. top 3 injuries lacerations/splinters, sprains/strains and abrasions/contusions. Keep in compliance with OSHA regulations. Work with Medgate charting system. Work with internal audit processes sent out by gm. Work with business deployment board, – more... maintain files in information life cycle system,. Work with management and UAW in the ADAPT process American with disabilities act accommodating employees with handicaps and/or restrictions maintain employment. Work with Health and Safety Team that consists of both management and hourly employees. Work independently. I have learned about getting a pharmacy license for a terminal distributor, CLIA waiver, maintaining OSHA regulations, state mandated reporting of illnesses.

The best part of the job is working autonomously, building relationships with employees and management. – less
G.M. consistantly provided for me and the community
Factory Worker / Alternator tester (Former Employee), Anderson, INJuly 8, 2014
Pros: consistant standards to count on.
Cons: changes that affect personal and community service.
A large company like GM always have issues, however, overall, I appreciate the 30 yrs of service to me and my family, continuing with a pension.
Generous company with benefits
Divisional Medical Director (Former Employee), Service Parts Operations,Grand Blanc, MIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: automotive culture
Administrative work most of the day. Good database development
Enjoyed my experience at this company
they allowed me to be innovative
best company to work for
Electrician (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: best job
Cons: 7 days of work but managment gave if needed time off.
well maintaned company with parts to do job.
well training provided by highly qualified peoples.
work with highly experinced workers.
managment always made sure for safety of workers.
managment always address employee's concern.
Manufacturing
op tech (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNJuly 7, 2014
Low volume production, lean manufacturing, great benefits
Good
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee), Warren, MIJuly 7, 2014
The people were easy to get along with and as long as you did your job no one really had a problem with anybody.
Enjoyed my co-workers / fitness room
Auto Worker (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 30, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, benefits, pension
Cons: repetative worlk, comuting.
At the beginning of the day I took attendance made sure everything was in order so the day would run smooth. I learned how to weld, drive a fork truck, use an air gun, put strips on a car, operate a press, and manage people and shipping and receiving techniques.
Customer service focused.
Communication Specialist; Technical Writer (Current Employee), Warren, MIJune 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
GM has a strong focus on customer service and meeting deliverables.
A great place to start your career
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Lake Orion, MIJune 24, 2014
Pros: the pay is excellent
Cons: repetitious work
I was able to gain the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work in a competitive environment.
Busy
Assembler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: not being offered a position with another plant when doraville closed.
A typical day at work was being teased about being left handed. All of the jobs were for right handed people. I learned to adapt to the conditions. Management didn't play. If you were not following the rules and regulations of that job. You were out the door!!!
All of my co-workers were wonderful. Very thoughtful and loving. We all looked out for one – more... another. The hardest part of the job was at the end of the day, you know you earned every dime. The other hardest part was knowing that it was all coming to an end. The most enjoyable part of my job was finally learning a position for a left handed person and not screaming for my team lead to help me. – less
Good company to work for if you love the auto industry.
Technical Service Rep (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 23, 2014
Pros: one of the top manufacturing and production companies in the world
Cons: contract work offered but no general motors direct hiring
Nice jobs with a lot of overtime offered, but no direct hiring into the company. Enjoyed the production atmosphere and company events.
Productive and Fun place to work at.
Design and Release Engineer (Former Employee), Warren, MIJune 22, 2014
Pros: upper management treated everyone with respect.
Cons: there is no cons.
Enjoyed my time at GM. Everyone worked as a team and was a fun place to work at.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: periodically free lunches
Cons: management
I like adventurous events, something new everyday. I would like for my routine to be switched up every once in a while. I love my co-workers, they were all great people.. that's what keeps my day going.

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more