GM

GM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not a lot of hours and very union.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), stcatharinesApril 10, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: too many eyes waiting for you to mess up.
Everyone is watching you all the time and no one works. Amazing that anything gets done.
Maintenance Clerk
Chassis Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Oshawa ONFebruary 28, 2013
I currently am employed on Contract at General Motors Oshawa. It is a very challeging position.
ok
MACHINE OPERATOR & LABOURER (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: the rate of pay is good
Cons: benefits are getting worse every contract and jobs are getting faster
Great people there but management doesn't care for it's workers
Customer satisfaction driven environment.
Field Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2013
Managed and directed a sales team to achieve sales and profit goals. Coordinated sales effectiveness by establishing goals and training programs for sales team. Developed and recommended sales and marketing programs/sales strategies.
Results: Exceeded sales/customer experience targets for several organization initiatives.
It was a great place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: we got a lot of over time, usually weekends
Cons: sometimes it was extremely hot and dirty
I worked steady days. We carried a pager so that when a call came in we would answer the page via computer. We would then check out what we needed for the job and get the necessary tools /equipment for the job.

I learned how to work with others, patience, safety.

Management was for the most part cooperative. If I didn't feel that the job wasn't safe – more... I was free to voice that without consequences.

My co workers were the same. We worked together in an adult fashion. We would discuss the best wa tio handle the job and get it done.

The hardest part of the job was explaining to a production supervisor why we had to shut a machine down to do a certain job. We had to lock out al power to a machine for it to be safe to work on and production didn't like to do that.

We had freedom of the plant, so we were able to go to different areas on free time. We weren't tied down to a job and our supervisor didn't mind as long as we had our pagers with us. – less
worth to work
Senior Engineer (full time) (Current Employee), banagloreSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: very good culture
Cons: sometimes routine work
working in GM is a wonderful experince . I learnt new FEA softwares. All co-workers are very supportive always.
Opportunity to learn new skills
ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER/ LEAD HAND (Former Employee), London, ONJune 18, 2012
This company was a good place to work because I was given the opportunity to develop new skills. My co-workers were great to wor with and very supportive. Management was always open to suggestions to improve quality and productivity
Very friendly, enjoyable company to work for.
Customer relation in business development (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 29, 2012
I enjoy working for General Motors, but as I am currently only part-time, I am looking to get into a full-time position in my field as an Administrative assistant.
Great People to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa OntarioMay 22, 2012
Pros: i have learned a great deal about quality control.
Cons: not to fond of afternoons.
I have learned a great deal in quality when dealing with the assembly of a variety of cars/parts. I fully enjoyed working with the people at General Motors.
repair vehicle
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Former Employee), kentville NSMay 21, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not enough hours
company was great to work for people were always there to help u in anyway they could.
it was a fast pace enviroment with a lot of slow downs
Production Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2012
My coworkers were good to work with and made the shifts go by fairly good. Since it was a job that is dictated by market demand it was a bit of a roller coaster for job security.
Interesting work place
Production Line Employee (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 15, 2014
Pros: working with people daily
Cons: no benefits
Fun, changing daily, challenging. Need more information and communication that should be provided by management.
Brainstorming ideas and teamwork coordination
Student Corps Teamwork Internship (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 13, 2014
Pros: lunches, meeting new people, my team, the hours, the work environment.
Cons: the sun
Thinking of ways to improve the community around us, while learning how to all work to together, and make progress toward one objectives. The team and management worked swiftly and smart, while maintaing a postive work environment. The hardest part about the job was that it ended I loved everything about the job and the peers around me. But most of – more... all helping improve the community for other was the best part of the experience. – less
Fun place to work , exercise room
TOOLMAKER/MACHINIST (Former Employee), Detroit, Mich/Mansfield, OHApril 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: plant closed
Run, operate, set up jobs for CNC machines.
Good co-workers and management team
Fun place to work
Body Structure Design Release Engineer (Current Employee), Warren, MIApril 10, 2014
Fun place to work. Friendly environment. Flexibility to work from home
Productive and Friendly Environment
District Specialist (Current Employee), Warren, MIApril 8, 2014
No micromanagement
Co-Workers are friendly
Difficult Workload
Great support system
Fun
Team Manager/Operations Manager/Site Performance (Former Employee), Austin, TexasApril 8, 2014
I truly enjoyed working for GM. The environment was friendly, upbeat, and down to earth.
great pay, and work
assembler (Former Employee), kansas city, knsApril 6, 2014
Pros: high pay rates
Cons: horrible shifts!
great compensation, but, you have to start out as a temp, and remain a temp for sometimes years!
lay offs occassionally.
repetitive but stable work environment
body shop pool member (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 5, 2014
clocked in
went to designated team center
stocked up materials for shift
safety check list
did specific job 400+ times per night
very loud and hot environment
clocked out
IT
Advanced Technical Team (Current Employee), Warren, MIApril 3, 2014
Information technology professional with over 5 years of experience in systems and network engineering and security. Superb track record installing, configuring, maintaining, and upgrading a wide variety of hardware, software, and network components.

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more