GM

GM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
auto manufacturer
Machine repairman/millwright for line repair (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: lots of hours and training
Cons: plant reductions and man power reductions
Great company to work for with lots of training and experiences in maintenance departments, operating fork lifts, mobile cranes, man lifts, cherry pickers, bucket trucks, as well as doing installations, break downs, Maximo reporting, PM's.
Good industrial work experience
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 19, 2013
Pros: good work experience
I Learned how to work in mass production, at a fast work pace, and how to pace myself and produce a quality product.
not a lot of hours and very union.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), stcatharinesApril 10, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: too many eyes waiting for you to mess up.
Everyone is watching you all the time and no one works. Amazing that anything gets done.
Maintenance Clerk
Chassis Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Oshawa ONFebruary 28, 2013
I currently am employed on Contract at General Motors Oshawa. It is a very challeging position.
ok
MACHINE OPERATOR & LABOURER (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: the rate of pay is good
Cons: benefits are getting worse every contract and jobs are getting faster
Great people there but management doesn't care for it's workers
Customer satisfaction driven environment.
Field Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2013
Managed and directed a sales team to achieve sales and profit goals. Coordinated sales effectiveness by establishing goals and training programs for sales team. Developed and recommended sales and marketing programs/sales strategies.
Results: Exceeded sales/customer experience targets for several organization initiatives.
It was a great place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: we got a lot of over time, usually weekends
Cons: sometimes it was extremely hot and dirty
I worked steady days. We carried a pager so that when a call came in we would answer the page via computer. We would then check out what we needed for the job and get the necessary tools /equipment for the job.

I learned how to work with others, patience, safety.

Management was for the most part cooperative. If I didn't feel that the job wasn't safe – more... I was free to voice that without consequences.

My co workers were the same. We worked together in an adult fashion. We would discuss the best wa tio handle the job and get it done.

The hardest part of the job was explaining to a production supervisor why we had to shut a machine down to do a certain job. We had to lock out al power to a machine for it to be safe to work on and production didn't like to do that.

We had freedom of the plant, so we were able to go to different areas on free time. We weren't tied down to a job and our supervisor didn't mind as long as we had our pagers with us. – less
worth to work
Senior Engineer (full time) (Current Employee), banagloreSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: very good culture
Cons: sometimes routine work
working in GM is a wonderful experince . I learnt new FEA softwares. All co-workers are very supportive always.
Opportunity to learn new skills
ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER/ LEAD HAND (Former Employee), London, ONJune 18, 2012
This company was a good place to work because I was given the opportunity to develop new skills. My co-workers were great to wor with and very supportive. Management was always open to suggestions to improve quality and productivity
Very friendly, enjoyable company to work for.
Customer relation in business development (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 29, 2012
I enjoy working for General Motors, but as I am currently only part-time, I am looking to get into a full-time position in my field as an Administrative assistant.
Great People to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa OntarioMay 22, 2012
Pros: i have learned a great deal about quality control.
Cons: not to fond of afternoons.
I have learned a great deal in quality when dealing with the assembly of a variety of cars/parts. I fully enjoyed working with the people at General Motors.
repair vehicle
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Former Employee), kentville NSMay 21, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not enough hours
company was great to work for people were always there to help u in anyway they could.
it was a fast pace enviroment with a lot of slow downs
Production Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2012
My coworkers were good to work with and made the shifts go by fairly good. Since it was a job that is dictated by market demand it was a bit of a roller coaster for job security.
productive place and fun place to work
production worker (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 28, 2014
was a great place to work until it closed down as a production worker
There was no stability
Production Worker (Former Employee), Marion, INJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no benefits for the temps
The job was fun and a different experience, I was a full tine temporary employee did not know when the job would end. When the job ended I was only given 2 day notice
EPS
EXECUTIVE PROTECTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 27, 2014
* Typical days range from 8 to 20 hours
* I've learned to never take any day for granted
* The Management and co-workers were very easy to work with and accepted your views.
The hardest part of the job was enduring the long hours
The most enjoyable part " the people"
Warehouse Production
UAW Production Worker (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: healthcare, job security, salary
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work with General Motors was very routine. I learned much from General Motors. I learned to change out 30+ton dyes for daily operations. I learned to be part of a production team to accomplish the days stock requirement. Co-workers were considerate of each others space and job. The warehouse policies and procedures were very strict – more... for production and safety purposes. Mangement maintained a professional working relationship with union presence. The hardest part of my job was adjusting to the weight of each object that came down the belt when a new job began. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to do the different types of jobs that are done each day. – less
On Star ....love it
Sales Reacquisition Advisor (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: very good benifits, flex shift
Cons: mandatory overtime, shift bids
Very technical job depending on your department...But you will love the one on one reaction with the customers especially when you can help them.
line 5 pan
hot box operator/line 5 pan (Former Employee), Danville, ILJuly 23, 2014
sorted good iron parts from the scrap of metal. then we put the sorted metal in hopper until full switched them out and done all over again.
startup type environment
SR Test Analyst (Current Employee), Roswell, GAJuly 20, 2014
work closely with team members to review business requirements and establish test approach.

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more