GM

GM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent work environment with dedicated employees.
ASSEMBLER/TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 23, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benefits as well as great co-workers
Cons: n/a
It was a pleasure to be associated with a first rate company that always held safety as its highest priority. There was always learning opportunities available and advancement opportunities if you chose them. I worked with some of the most dedicated people in the industry and it showed in our quality records.The work had its challenges as there are – more... 14 000 or more parts on any typical vehicle and keeping everything perfect was challenging , at the end of the day it was rewarding to know that an excellent product was going to an eager customer. – less
Great pay, benefits and people
Receiving Clerk, Warehouse Attendant, Group Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKMay 9, 2013
Cons: attrition
This company has enabled me to learn every aspect of the facility, from shipping to receiving. The people have been great to work for these past 30 years.
Excellent Job
LINE WORKER (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: availability
Cons: long hours
Work environment was fast-paced and energetic
Learned to work as a team to complete certain jobs
auto manufacturer
Machine repairman/millwright for line repair (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: lots of hours and training
Cons: plant reductions and man power reductions
Great company to work for with lots of training and experiences in maintenance departments, operating fork lifts, mobile cranes, man lifts, cherry pickers, bucket trucks, as well as doing installations, break downs, Maximo reporting, PM's.
Good industrial work experience
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 19, 2013
Pros: good work experience
I Learned how to work in mass production, at a fast work pace, and how to pace myself and produce a quality product.
not a lot of hours and very union.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), stcatharinesApril 10, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: too many eyes waiting for you to mess up.
Everyone is watching you all the time and no one works. Amazing that anything gets done.
Maintenance Clerk
Chassis Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Oshawa ONFebruary 28, 2013
I currently am employed on Contract at General Motors Oshawa. It is a very challeging position.
ok
MACHINE OPERATOR & LABOURER (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: the rate of pay is good
Cons: benefits are getting worse every contract and jobs are getting faster
Great people there but management doesn't care for it's workers
It was a great place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: we got a lot of over time, usually weekends
Cons: sometimes it was extremely hot and dirty
I worked steady days. We carried a pager so that when a call came in we would answer the page via computer. We would then check out what we needed for the job and get the necessary tools /equipment for the job.

I learned how to work with others, patience, safety.

Management was for the most part cooperative. If I didn't feel that the job wasn't safe – more... I was free to voice that without consequences.

My co workers were the same. We worked together in an adult fashion. We would discuss the best wa tio handle the job and get it done.

The hardest part of the job was explaining to a production supervisor why we had to shut a machine down to do a certain job. We had to lock out al power to a machine for it to be safe to work on and production didn't like to do that.

We had freedom of the plant, so we were able to go to different areas on free time. We weren't tied down to a job and our supervisor didn't mind as long as we had our pagers with us. – less
worth to work
Senior Engineer (full time) (Current Employee), banagloreSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: very good culture
Cons: sometimes routine work
working in GM is a wonderful experince . I learnt new FEA softwares. All co-workers are very supportive always.
Opportunity to learn new skills
ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER/ LEAD HAND (Former Employee), London, ONJune 18, 2012
This company was a good place to work because I was given the opportunity to develop new skills. My co-workers were great to wor with and very supportive. Management was always open to suggestions to improve quality and productivity
Very friendly, enjoyable company to work for.
Customer relation in business development (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 29, 2012
I enjoy working for General Motors, but as I am currently only part-time, I am looking to get into a full-time position in my field as an Administrative assistant.
Great People to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa OntarioMay 22, 2012
Pros: i have learned a great deal about quality control.
Cons: not to fond of afternoons.
I have learned a great deal in quality when dealing with the assembly of a variety of cars/parts. I fully enjoyed working with the people at General Motors.
repair vehicle
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Former Employee), kentville NSMay 21, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not enough hours
company was great to work for people were always there to help u in anyway they could.
it was a fast pace enviroment with a lot of slow downs
Production Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2012
My coworkers were good to work with and made the shifts go by fairly good. Since it was a job that is dictated by market demand it was a bit of a roller coaster for job security.
Fun and productive work environment
Project Manager/Scrum Master (Current Employee), Chandler, AzNovember 21, 2014
Pros: new building
Cons: lots of process
Lots of meetings, learning about new software functionality. Hardest part of my job is all of the meetings that I must attend.
Productive enviroment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Warren, MINovember 20, 2014
Great place to work, staff and management is nice, but job security unpredictable
Procurement & Monitoring shipping of vehicles
Temporary Buyer (Former Employee), Dubai, U.A.E.November 20, 2014
Pros: good working atmosphere
Cons: temporary position, commutation
I got to work on SAP. Though the job was for a short period, got the opportunity to work with one of the pioneers of automobile industry. Co-ordinating with various offices worldwide and interacting with people of different nationalities was appealing.
General Motors
Trainer and Operator (Former Employee), Doraville, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, freedom to work without direct supervision
Cons: being laid of because of plant closing
10 hour work days; automotive industry;management was understanding to employee needs and suggestions; made long lasting friends that were very helpful to each other; hardest part of job was being laid offloved every aspect of the job...
Referee
Kelly Services Temp (Former Employee), Lansing, MINovember 17, 2014
Pros: fun and entertaining work
Cons: limited hours
It was fun working with youth baseball and floor hockey for the city of Lansing but in the end I did not get enough hours to make it worth staying with them. But as a part time employment it was very fun place to work.

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more