GM

GM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not a lot of hours and very union.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), stcatharinesApril 10, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: too many eyes waiting for you to mess up.
Everyone is watching you all the time and no one works. Amazing that anything gets done.
Maintenance Clerk
Chassis Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Oshawa ONFebruary 28, 2013
I currently am employed on Contract at General Motors Oshawa. It is a very challeging position.
ok
MACHINE OPERATOR & LABOURER (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: the rate of pay is good
Cons: benefits are getting worse every contract and jobs are getting faster
Great people there but management doesn't care for it's workers
Customer satisfaction driven environment.
Field Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2013
Managed and directed a sales team to achieve sales and profit goals. Coordinated sales effectiveness by establishing goals and training programs for sales team. Developed and recommended sales and marketing programs/sales strategies.
Results: Exceeded sales/customer experience targets for several organization initiatives.
It was a great place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: we got a lot of over time, usually weekends
Cons: sometimes it was extremely hot and dirty
I worked steady days. We carried a pager so that when a call came in we would answer the page via computer. We would then check out what we needed for the job and get the necessary tools /equipment for the job.

I learned how to work with others, patience, safety.

Management was for the most part cooperative. If I didn't feel that the job wasn't safe – more... I was free to voice that without consequences.

My co workers were the same. We worked together in an adult fashion. We would discuss the best wa tio handle the job and get it done.

The hardest part of the job was explaining to a production supervisor why we had to shut a machine down to do a certain job. We had to lock out al power to a machine for it to be safe to work on and production didn't like to do that.

We had freedom of the plant, so we were able to go to different areas on free time. We weren't tied down to a job and our supervisor didn't mind as long as we had our pagers with us. – less
worth to work
Senior Engineer (full time) (Current Employee), banagloreSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: very good culture
Cons: sometimes routine work
working in GM is a wonderful experince . I learnt new FEA softwares. All co-workers are very supportive always.
Opportunity to learn new skills
ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER/ LEAD HAND (Former Employee), London, ONJune 18, 2012
This company was a good place to work because I was given the opportunity to develop new skills. My co-workers were great to wor with and very supportive. Management was always open to suggestions to improve quality and productivity
Very friendly, enjoyable company to work for.
Customer relation in business development (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 29, 2012
I enjoy working for General Motors, but as I am currently only part-time, I am looking to get into a full-time position in my field as an Administrative assistant.
Great People to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa OntarioMay 22, 2012
Pros: i have learned a great deal about quality control.
Cons: not to fond of afternoons.
I have learned a great deal in quality when dealing with the assembly of a variety of cars/parts. I fully enjoyed working with the people at General Motors.
repair vehicle
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Former Employee), kentville NSMay 21, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not enough hours
company was great to work for people were always there to help u in anyway they could.
it was a fast pace enviroment with a lot of slow downs
Production Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2012
My coworkers were good to work with and made the shifts go by fairly good. Since it was a job that is dictated by market demand it was a bit of a roller coaster for job security.
startup type environment
SR Test Analyst (Current Employee), Roswell, GAJuly 20, 2014
work closely with team members to review business requirements and establish test approach.
Great job
Inspection /Assembler / Spot Welder / Mig Welder (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJuly 18, 2014
enjoyed working there, made some great cars over the years, great pay and benefits.
Good Knowledge work Ethics
Procurement- Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 17, 2014
Ordering and follow up of vehicle parts with Global Suppliers

Meeting the build requirement and timely delivery of parts to run the production without any build stoppage

Vendor management

ensuring parts in the Bin and solving logistics issues
It is New
Technical Student Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: make your own work time, can possibly work from home.
Cons: not very united as of yet.
They just opened this facility in Austin, TX not so long ago so it is not where it should be just yet. They seem to be working on it but I am sure it takes time in order to accomplish this.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2014
Spent more than 30 years with GM. Good place to work. Pleasant workers and good pay.
Not a reliable career option
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Lordstown, OHJuly 12, 2014
Pros: consistant hours. lots of overtime available
Cons: no benefits/health insurance or job security
I worked 2nd Shift in Production/Car frame assembly. Everyday I came in 20 minutes early. Got my work gear ready, made sure to sign up for overtime for the week then replace the 1st shift employee on the job. The job was basically assembling different parts of the car frame and doing quality & safety inspections along the production line. I worked anywhere – more... from 8-12 hours a day and worked thru breaks & lunches for the extra overtime. Worked mostly Monday-Saturday, sometimes only Monday-Friday. I learned alot about the car manufacturing industry, the in's-out's of the union (UAW Local 1714) and the importance of safety in the work environment. Management was very easy to work & get along with. Co-workers were friendly and outgoing for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being kept on "Temp" status for the last year so the company doesn't have to pay myself and others benefits, bonuses and health insurance. Also, having to constantly worry about job security because "Temps" can be laid-off at anytime; which I am now. – less
Productive and it has a very nice atmosphere to work in.
Assembly (Current Employee), Brownstown, MIJuly 11, 2014
Pros: the best atmospgher i've ever worked in.
Cons: i am only a temperary employee.
Picking parts for prototype vehicles. There is always something new to learn everyday and my co-workers are very knowledgeable and team orientated. The hardest part of the job is going home at the end of the day because it is a very nice place to work because of the atmosphere that was developed by management and the team I work for.
Stand Alone Health Services Clinic
Advantis LLC Contractor (Current Employee), West Chester OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no chance for advancement, no salary raise, not a permamnt position
Plant nurse for a warehouse. See employees for occupational and non occupational injuries. Minor injuries. top 3 injuries lacerations/splinters, sprains/strains and abrasions/contusions. Keep in compliance with OSHA regulations. Work with Medgate charting system. Work with internal audit processes sent out by gm. Work with business deployment board, – more... maintain files in information life cycle system,. Work with management and UAW in the ADAPT process American with disabilities act accommodating employees with handicaps and/or restrictions maintain employment. Work with Health and Safety Team that consists of both management and hourly employees. Work independently. I have learned about getting a pharmacy license for a terminal distributor, CLIA waiver, maintaining OSHA regulations, state mandated reporting of illnesses.

The best part of the job is working autonomously, building relationships with employees and management. – less
G.M. consistantly provided for me and the community
Factory Worker / Alternator tester (Former Employee), Anderson, INJuly 8, 2014
Pros: consistant standards to count on.
Cons: changes that affect personal and community service.
A large company like GM always have issues, however, overall, I appreciate the 30 yrs of service to me and my family, continuing with a pension.

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more