GM Employee Reviews in Canada

Sales Representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
used and new car sales
called clients and potential leads
followed up on previous clients
set goals and worked towards accomplishing them
Good Midnight job with good hours.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Days went by fast, so made working there feel quick. The management was fine, you did nothing wrong they did not have a problem with you. Other co-workers are nice to chat with and be around. The job was an all around good job for a temporary full time job.
Pros
Jobs were easy to learn
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 1, 2016
The work at the general motors centre is consistent and constant. It is very high paced and easy. The co-worker that you meet there are wonderful whole hearted people that you will have the pleasure to work with. The supervisors are wonderful and very helpful. The fans are very nice and understanding. There is a lot of opportunity to work some very cool events.
Pros
Cool events
Cons
not many hours
Assembly Line Worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Followed proper job requirements consistently throughout each day of work. Stayed up to date with safety requirements and procedures. Working on the line kept me on my toes and took great attention to detail. The plant has such an open environment that I got to meet some great folks while working there.
Great Work Enviroment
Quick Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 30, 2016
It is a great place to work at. All of the staff is friendly and work together as a team. The management is very easy to talk to and very understanding of medical issues etc. I have never had an issue in 7 years of employment. It is never a dull moment as the venue holds various events such as hockey games, concerts etc. The only downside is the employment is not enough to live on, it is part time/seasonal.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
part time/seasonal
great place
team lead (Former Employee) –  west paint oshawa ontJanuary 20, 2016
see what repairs need to be done 1st , prioritize older jobs , delegate work, hand out & check stock reorder stock if needed, check parts list for chassis. check managements requests . , follow up on repair list . hardest part of job is keeping every body happy , most enjoyable part of job is working with every one to get the job done right & keep every one happy, leave area clean & ready for next shift,
Pros
pat on the back for a job well done
Cons
some long days
nothing ever changed
Temporary Full- time (SWED) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
not a bad place to work, but working on the line and doing the same thing over and over again got to be a tad bit boring. lots of nice people who made working there not so bad. Learned lots and gained some knowledge
Pros
good money, nice people, good enviroment
Cons
short breaks, boring at times
working with many different cultures in a unionized enviorment on a shift rotation basis
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Maintaining a safe, quality oriented environment while ensuring throughput meeting company standards. Ensuring staff is at there workplace on a timely fashion and completing daily production reports.
Fun place to work as internship
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 30, 2015
Nice place to worked at with amazing co-workers and management. Very friendly atmosphere to be around, very supportive and ready to help always.
fast paced enviroment , with top notch employees
lead hand , assembler spare person (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONDecember 8, 2015
it was very fast paced work which at times your had to learn jobs on the go and put your time in to advance and if you showed the company you could do what they wanted the you could succeed
Pros
good pay
Cons
you had to deffinetly work for your money
Fun working environment
Customer Service Advisor / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONDecember 1, 2015
Good place to work if you live in the Durham region. No traffic and good health benefits. Management is very accessible and training is very good. Lots of different lines of business to keep you interested.
Pros
Free perks at local businesses
Cons
short lunches and breaks
Enjoyable time interacting with customers
Quick Food Service Attendant/Busser (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 13, 2015
A typical shift would consist of me cleaning, organizing and sanitizing condiment stands for the hockey arena

I learned some valuable social skills in this job, I enjoyed listening to everyone's story but had to balance listening and cleaning.

The best part of my job was hearing all of the compliments about my condiment stands cleanliness from both staff and customers.
Pros
Good work schedule
Overall I've enjoyed my time at GM
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 10, 2015
Working on the assembly line at General Motors could be very monotonous and not very difficult. However, by volunteering in health and safety groups I was able to change up the monotonous of my job as well as keep up to date on work place hazards in my industry. While being a member of the health and safety group I was able to strengthen my relationships with different levels of management as well as my fellow co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was trying to build a bridge between seniority employees whom would try to resist change with the ideas of new management in regards to health and safety.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my ability to change jobs every three months. This allowed me to learn more about the products we were building as well as meet new people that have turned into great friendships.
Pros
family like environment
Cons
no job security
Pleasure to work for, had to grind to make sales
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 3, 2015
Management was amazing and great to work for. Looking to get out of the car business and explore new ventures.

A lot of fun to work for, made sales feel less grueling than it actually was.
Fast paced line work.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 30, 2015
A typical day at work at GM would be very fast paced I would fasten steering rods to the car using an air gun, and clip the splashguards to the bottom.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Hard on body
Productive and ever changing environment.
Materials Supervisor - Car and Truck Plants (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 26, 2015
I enjoy my day @ General Motors. Every shift brings new challenges and opportunities for growth.
I enjoy working on 3rd shift, and must rely on my training and experience to fulfill challenges which occur.
Pros
Team Environment, and different challenges daily.
Cons
No room for advancement
Satisfying and challenging
Press technician/Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 16, 2015
Being a transfer press operator was a very satisfying,challengeing job. Suppervisors were excellent to work for co-workers were great to work with.Hardest part of the job was when the press broke down.The best part of the job, great prodution numbers at the end of the day.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
traffic at the end of the day
Great wages, steady work. good care
Weapons assembly technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 15, 2015
Great place to work , excellent benifitsgood hours lots of paid holidays and always willing to make sure we had the right tools for the job
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
can get hectic but still good
So much teaching/learning, so much variety
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  London ONOctober 6, 2015
General Motors has built many, many locomotives for here and abroad. This was a large shop with many welders which equates to so much knowledge that is/was passed throughout the shop. Truly a gold mine of information.
Pros
Lots of training, lots of variety
Cons
Lack of freedom regarding OT
relaxed environment, computer oriented, easy to learn
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  markhamOctober 6, 2015
Great company, co-workers were all very welcoming and friendly. My first position as a receptionist so I've learned a lot about the receptionist role. Management is always willing to help me out when I have questions. My trainer was very patient with me when I started, answered all of my questions thoroughly and went through my personal notes with me. Very well known company and I'm very pleased to be a part of it.
Pros
Something different to do daily
Cons
Not enough hours for me

4.2