Line Worker (Former Employee) – Oshawa, ON – February 2, 2016
Days went by fast, so made working there feel quick. The management was fine, you did nothing wrong they did not have a problem with you. Other co-workers are nice to chat with and be around. The job was an all around good job for a temporary full time job.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) – Oshawa, ON – February 1, 2016
Followed proper job requirements consistently throughout each day of work. Stayed up to date with safety requirements and procedures. Working on the line kept me on my toes and took great attention to detail. The plant has such an open environment that I got to meet some great folks while working there.
Temporary Full- time (SWED) (Former Employee) – Oshawa, ON – January 18, 2016
not a bad place to work, but working on the line and doing the same thing over and over again got to be a tad bit boring. lots of nice people who made working there not so bad. Learned lots and gained some knowledge
Customer Service Advisor / Dispatcher (Current Employee) – Oshawa, ON – December 1, 2015
Good place to work if you live in the Durham region. No traffic and good health benefits. Management is very accessible and training is very good. Lots of different lines of business to keep you interested.
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) – Oshawa, ON – November 10, 2015
Working on the assembly line at General Motors could be very monotonous and not very difficult. However, by volunteering in health and safety groups I was able to change up the monotonous of my job as well as keep up to date on work place hazards in my industry. While being a member of the health and safety group I was able to strengthen my relationships with different levels of management as well as my fellow co-workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to build a bridge between seniority employees whom would try to resist change with the ideas of new management in regards to health and safety. The most enjoyable part of my job was my ability to change jobs every three months. This allowed me to learn more about the products we were building as well as meet new people that have turned into great friendships.
relaxed environment, computer oriented, easy to learn
Receptionist (Current Employee) – markham – October 6, 2015
Great company, co-workers were all very welcoming and friendly. My first position as a receptionist so I've learned a lot about the receptionist role. Management is always willing to help me out when I have questions. My trainer was very patient with me when I started, answered all of my questions thoroughly and went through my personal notes with me. Very well known company and I'm very pleased to be a part of it.
Work on the line (Current Employee) – Oshawa, ON – July 17, 2015
My typical day at work is I would punch in and my supervisor will tell me a list of things todo before me and my co-worker would start cleaning the store for example take out the recylcing to the bin, break down a skid if not already broken down and when I'm working Iwould find ways to speed up the work process or an easier way of doing the job. I would not say anything is hard about the job but you always have to be doing something and I'm totally fine with that, and the most fun part of my job is just talking to my co-workers and making jokes and just have a good time when we are done with are jobs.
Suite Runner (Former Employee) – Oshawa, ON – May 9, 2015
The general motors centre was all about customer service, assisting customers and bringing them their orders was 90% of the job the other 10% was cleaning. I learned how to bus tables/rooms in a restaurant environment. The management was strict but still very nice and professional. My co-workers were always very supportive. The hardest part of the job was cleanup at the end of the day. But I loved meeting new people everyday.
Mechanical Engineer & Project Manager (Former Employee) – Oshawa, ON – May 4, 2015
Great experience, a lot of opportunit.
Learn about the automotive manufacturing process.
At General Motors Canada, we market a full range of fuel-efficient Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles and related services. With over 23,000 people dedicated to delivering the best product to our customers, we are one of Canada's largest automotive dealer network
Line Worker in the paint department (Former Employee) – oshawa – March 5, 2015
one of the hardest parts of my jobs was keeping up with the line speed but after two days i had it under control. i had lots of fun at this job the people i was working with were very great and open minded