GM

1.3K reviews

GM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Midnight job with good hours.
Line Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Jobs were easy to learn
Cons: Short breaks
Days went by fast, so made working there feel quick. The management was fine, you did nothing wrong they did not have a problem with you. Other co-workers are nice to chat with and be around. The job was an all around good job for a temporary full time job.
Assembly Line Worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Followed proper job requirements consistently throughout each day of work. Stayed up to date with safety requirements and procedures. Working on the line kept me on my toes and took great attention to detail. The plant has such an open environment that I got to meet some great folks while working there.
nothing ever changed
Temporary Full- time (SWED) (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: good money, nice people, good enviroment
Cons: short breaks, boring at times
not a bad place to work, but working on the line and doing the same thing over and over again got to be a tad bit boring. lots of nice people who made working there not so bad. Learned lots and gained some knowledge
working with many different cultures in a unionized enviorment on a shift rotation basis
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Maintaining a safe, quality oriented environment while ensuring throughput meeting company standards. Ensuring staff is at there workplace on a timely fashion and completing daily production reports.
Fun place to work as internship
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 30, 2015
Nice place to worked at with amazing co-workers and management. Very friendly atmosphere to be around, very supportive and ready to help always.
Fun working environment
Customer Service Advisor / Dispatcher (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Free perks at local businesses
Cons: short lunches and breaks
Good place to work if you live in the Durham region. No traffic and good health benefits. Management is very accessible and training is very good. Lots of different lines of business to keep you interested.
Overall I've enjoyed my time at GM
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: family like environment
Cons: no job security
Working on the assembly line at General Motors could be very monotonous and not very difficult. However, by volunteering in health and safety groups I was able to change up the monotonous of my job as well as keep up to date on work place hazards in my industry. While being a member of the health and safety group I was able to strengthen my relationships with different levels of management as well as my fellow co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was trying to build a bridge between seniority employees whom would try to resist change with the ideas of new management in regards to health and safety.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my ability to change jobs every three months. This allowed me to learn more about the products we were building as well as meet new people that have turned into great friendships.
Pleasure to work for, had to grind to make sales
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 3, 2015
Management was amazing and great to work for. Looking to get out of the car business and explore new ventures.

A lot of fun to work for, made sales feel less grueling than it actually was.
Great wages, steady work. good care
Weapons assembly technician (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Great Salary
Cons: can get hectic but still good
Great place to work , excellent benifitsgood hours lots of paid holidays and always willing to make sure we had the right tools for the job
relaxed environment, computer oriented, easy to learn
Receptionist (Current Employee), markhamOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Something different to do daily
Cons: Not enough hours for me
Great company, co-workers were all very welcoming and friendly. My first position as a receptionist so I've learned a lot about the receptionist role. Management is always willing to help me out when I have questions. My trainer was very patient with me when I started, answered all of my questions thoroughly and went through my personal notes with me. Very well known company and I'm very pleased to be a part of it.
Good Student Position
General Labourer (Temporary Part-Time) (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 22, 2015
For being a student, GM is a great place to be working. The pay is great, jobs aren't too physically demanding, but there is a pretty steep learning curve the first day or two.
Productive and Workplace Fun.
Work on the line (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 17, 2015
My typical day at work is I would punch in and my supervisor will tell me a list of things todo before me and my co-worker would start cleaning the store for example take out the recylcing to the bin, break down a skid if not already broken down and when I'm working Iwould find ways to speed up the work process or an easier way of doing the job. I would not say anything is hard about the job but you always have to be doing something and I'm totally fine with that, and the most fun part of my job is just talking to my co-workers and making jokes and just have a good time when we are done with are jobs.
Busy and great place to work
Chef (Current Employee), Oshawa, OntarioJuly 15, 2015
Management staff are great very approachable and helpful, everyone works as a team. Some days the hours are long, but still enjoyable.
Great energy, lots of people
Suite Runner (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, great food
Cons: long hours
The general motors centre was all about customer service, assisting customers and bringing them their orders was 90% of the job the other 10% was cleaning. I learned how to bus tables/rooms in a restaurant environment. The management was strict but still very nice and professional. My co-workers were always very supportive. The hardest part of the job was cleanup at the end of the day. But I loved meeting new people everyday.
tedious
Production Worker (Former Employee), OshawaMay 5, 2015
Pros: salary and benifits
Cons: shift work
Excellent salary and benefits. Shift work. Excellent group of people.
Fast paced and no tolerance for error. Repetitive work.
Great Place to Work
Mechanical Engineer & Project Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 4, 2015
Great experience, a lot of opportunit.

Learn about the automotive manufacturing process.

At General Motors Canada, we market a full range of fuel-efficient Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles and related services. With over 23,000 people dedicated to delivering the best product to our customers, we are one of Canada's largest automotive dealer network
Physically demanding place to work for
Line assembler (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 17, 2015
The management are uncaring and the employees use to be great people to work with but over time have become unfriendly. Job security is very low.
Fun but hard work on paint line
Line Worker in the paint department (Former Employee), oshawaMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: late
one of the hardest parts of my jobs was keeping up with the line speed but after two days i had it under control. i had lots of fun at this job the people i was working with were very great and open minded
High Pressure working environment
Non union worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 2, 2015
High Pressure to learn and do your job as fast as humanly possible. Which I enjoyed but others might not. A typical day consist of building cars, for myself I installed doors on the Vehicles.
fun, great learning experience
Progressed to repairman (Former Employee), Toronto CaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: one day a month off with pay. on top of other hollidays
Cons: n/a
I was constantly trouble shooting problem and repairing. GM treated employees respectfully and generously. I am saddened GM closed and moved to the US.
Headquarters