GM Employee Reviews in Canada

general motors summer replacement
production technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 22, 2016
typical day at work was loading automotive parts into robot welding stations. I learned that what most people believe is a soft job with good pay, turns out to be some of the hardest work I have ever done and was required to keep up the pace for a complete shift
Pros
learning experiace of life in the auto industry
Cons
only had limited time on the job due to several weeks of lay-offs
I am student and working on project Assocoiated and sponsored by GM
GM Pace Project (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 6, 2016
currently, I am working on a project that is the part of GM PACE competition. It has been a great opportunity to work under the guidance of professors and employees from GM. Whenever my team has any problem they helped us a lot. With their support, we are able to achieve the top ten position in this competition and hoping to win this.
Waiting for contract negotiations
Machine Tool Setter (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 14, 2016
Contract will be a pivotal time at this plant. the people are good to work with, direct supervisors are good to work with. machining lines, assembly lines, none of the jobs i've encountered are overly physical or laborious. too bad management is looking to reduce their costs by contracting out our jobs to the lowest bidder. Eventually they will pull of Canada all together....
Pros
flexible with time off in my department
Cons
supplemental work force employee = temp = second class citizen
Laid back, decent place to work with good pay.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 6, 2016
A typical day is to begin your shift at 6:30am with driving and testing vehicles till 2:30pm when your shift is over. My co-workers were great to work with as well as management for the most part. Hardest part of the job would be the repetitive nature of factory work. Other than that it was good.
IT Incident Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONJuly 13, 2016
The people and atmosphere are great. They are very accommodating and easy to work with. I learned so very much and took so many courses. My co--workers were a pleasure to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendliness of everyone I came across.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Very talented management
Lighting Program Manager Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 17, 2016
Great team to work with and the management was very talented at getting the best from their people. The GM systems are rather complex and sometimes cumbersome but quite effective regarding global communication for a large corporation.
Pros
compationate work place
General Motors of Canada
Locomotive Tester Technician (Former Employee) –  2021 Oxford Street London OntarioJuly 13, 2016
General Motors of Canada was the best company to work with. Excellent working conditions, amazing pay, and excellent benefits.
Pros
General Motors is the best company
Cons
there are no cons they were the best in the field of Locomotives
Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance Supervisor / Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 15, 2016
My experience at GM West Paint Shop is fun, always learning new things, working with many different machines and paints, and communicating with many people. Every employee in the WPS are kind, friendly and really great people to work with.
Excellent job for summer student
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 16, 2016
Worked in truck plant for two summers and enjoyed every minute of it. I wish i could have become a full time employee. Wage and benefits package are excellent. The co workers and shifts were very easy to incorporate in to my life.
General Motors Centre
CONVERSIONS STAFF (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 7, 2016
The General Motors Centre not GM. Just a bad place to work, no room to move up and very little hours. Management will lay you off without any notice, no breaks and poor paid. Management picks who will move up.
Pros
Cons
The job
Great Work Enviroment
Quick Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 30, 2016
It is a great place to work at. All of the staff is friendly and work together as a team. The management is very easy to talk to and very understanding of medical issues etc. I have never had an issue in 7 years of employment. It is never a dull moment as the venue holds various events such as hockey games, concerts etc. The only downside is the employment is not enough to live on, it is part time/seasonal.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
part time/seasonal
Productive learning environment
Production and Assembly Line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 20, 2016
Working at General Motors has prepared me for future leadership positions centered in a team-work environment. The culture of the workplace was conducive to learning.
excellent work force
Car and truck assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 16, 2016
Management were available to answer any question about the required duties and co-workers well trained. Training in terms of work place health and safety was excellent.
Pros
excellent salary and benefits
Cons
certain hours of operation
Fast Paced
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 1, 2016
The work at the general motors centre is consistent and constant. It is very high paced and easy. The co-worker that you meet there are wonderful whole hearted people that you will have the pleasure to work with. The supervisors are wonderful and very helpful. The fans are very nice and understanding. There is a lot of opportunity to work some very cool events.
Pros
Cool events
Cons
not many hours
great place
team lead (Former Employee) –  west paint oshawa ontJanuary 20, 2016
see what repairs need to be done 1st , prioritize older jobs , delegate work, hand out & check stock reorder stock if needed, check parts list for chassis. check managements requests . , follow up on repair list . hardest part of job is keeping every body happy , most enjoyable part of job is working with every one to get the job done right & keep every one happy, leave area clean & ready for next shift,
Pros
pat on the back for a job well done
Cons
some long days
Food Service
Server / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 7, 2016
Served food within different departments of the facility, nightly cleanings, and nightly cash deposits.

Most enjoyable part was working during special events and seeing different performers and artist.
Nice place to work.
MCO Design Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 8, 2016
People and managing are so friendly.

I have leaned different way to have a good project management.

This Work provide a lot of knowledge from different people in the organization
The first 25 years flew by. Last 5 were tough
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 19, 2016
mostly good people.Learned about time management. I learned how to work with both hands equally .I enjoyed working with different people, of different backgrounds.
Pros
the people
Cons
physically demanding
Assembly Line Worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Followed proper job requirements consistently throughout each day of work. Stayed up to date with safety requirements and procedures. Working on the line kept me on my toes and took great attention to detail. The plant has such an open environment that I got to meet some great folks while working there.
It was a satisfactory work envivonment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 30, 2016
I enjoyed material handling once I attained the seniority to work in that department.
My work experience and ethic would be an asset to your company.

4.2