GM

GM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Tool Setter (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: shift work
Assembly line work

very repetitious

great co-workers

learned how to build engines, transmissions
Lots of good people !!!
Custodian (Former Employee), Windsor OntJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good money and lots of friends
Cons: dirty work
Each day clean all men's washrooms and locker room. Plus be on call for emergency clean ups .
Great Co-workers, Supervisors With No Experience
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: repetitive work, short breaks and lunch
A typical day on the consolidated assembly line included approximately 325 vehicles being worked on per shift. Jobs are planned and timed by ergonomic consultants that determine how much work can be done by one person safely on each car. Every second is accounted for and employees are pushed to the limit on a lot of jobs.
Working the line
Line Worker, Student Temp (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: extremely repetitive
This was my favourite place to work

I would punch in at 6 am or 3 pm. shifts where 8 hours with a 30min lunch and two 15 min brakes.

The people all worked as a team and where all was willing to help each other. Very positive workplace.

A day on the line would consist of lots of little pieces to be attached to the vehicle in one minute. These little – more... jobs would be repeated for 4 hours than after lunch every one had the option to switch places.

Very fast paced environment – less
Self Employed
Self Employed (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: seasonal work
• Provided general contracting services to independent small businesses and property owners for interior and exterior renovation solutions across the GTA.
• Services included decking repair or replacement, interlocking stone, general exterior maintenance, painting, plumbing, minor electrical, specialized landscaping and general interior repairs.
• Quickly – more... established a solid client base resulting from referrals.
• Seasonal work - not very stable with a bad winter like we just had. – less
a factory enviroment
General Labour (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 23, 2014
starting working here at a young age and learned numerous jobs , safety tips and how to work with a team or work individually
some jobs where more physical than others
Small group of CSR every one got along
Bilingual CSR/ Parts and services (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Cons: shift work
Great atmosphere! shift work every pulled their weight every one helped each other in finding solutions supervisor always there to help
Always a fun day at work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), ChasissFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, easy jobs
Cons: long hours, short lunch breaks
A typical day at GM consisted of building 400 cars per shift. And making sure the cars were built properly.

I learned a lot about time management because you only had a certain amount of time to do your job. If you did not finish your job within that time from you would shut the line off because you went out of your foot prints. It taught me to work – more... faster and make sure the job was done right.

My co-workers were fantastic it was like working with family. We always had a good laugh and there was always good conversation.

The hardest part of my job was operating the hoist gun and getting into small spaces.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and making sure you were making the customers happy by building there cars properly. – less
Quality
Contract Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee), warren, miJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: learning the aqp process
Cons: low pay and travel
Support fuel system AQP/PPAP timing requirements. Excessive travel
body repair
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 21, 2014
great place to work gained valuable knowledge and I loved the city, it was exciting.
good
Inventory Clerk - Parts Division (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 4, 2014
Shipping / Receiving

• Inventory
• Preparing orders for selected dealerships
• Warehouse duties
N/A
Winter Test Driver (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Kapuskasing, ONDecember 19, 2013
Great people and fun environment to work.
I highly recommend this job
excellent place to work
Forklift operator, Assembler, Inspector, Janitor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 4, 2013
Pros: excellent place to work
had many good years of work. made lots of friends and made lots of money.
Project Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaNovember 15, 2013
Designed and developed an electric machine used in hybrid vehicle, to figure out the loss of the motor correctly
Experienced with LABVIEW data acquisition and equipment analysis
Organized and managed the time frame effectively for all the projects
Fast paced enterprise
Information Specialist (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 8, 2013
Pros: lots of different opportunities in it. nearly unlimited.
Cons: very conservative with compensation.
It is difficult to describe GM from a technology perspective, since up until this year, they did not really have an IT division in their portfolio. However, I have been working for GM for the last 15 years in IT indirectly (through EDS, and HP), and now directly.

GM is moving very quickly and steady towards new innovation. It's exciting to see how – more... this will pan out. It's been nice that I've been able to work on many different things. I'm the type of person that likes to be challenged. I love to learn new things. From this perspective, GM is great.

On the flip-side, GM has really tightened up their budgeting. They are looking at every expense in detail. They do their homework when it comes to making decisions. Therefore, they're also very tight with compensation. I have yet to see an example of "pay for performance" from a personal level. – less
Great Company to work for
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: great job assignments & great career
I was able to take my Pipefitter Apprenticeship & worked for 33 years. Due to the economic time I was offered a retirement package. I feel too young to just take life easy. I would like to work for a few weeks, months or years as required.
i enjoyed working there
Mécanicien-soudeur (Former Employee), montreal, QcJuly 15, 2013
Pros: good co-worker
Cons: not enough salary
I really enjoyed working there,
there was good co-worker.
But the salary wasn't enough
Excellent work environment with dedicated employees.
ASSEMBLER/TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 23, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benefits as well as great co-workers
Cons: n/a
It was a pleasure to be associated with a first rate company that always held safety as its highest priority. There was always learning opportunities available and advancement opportunities if you chose them. I worked with some of the most dedicated people in the industry and it showed in our quality records.The work had its challenges as there are – more... 14 000 or more parts on any typical vehicle and keeping everything perfect was challenging , at the end of the day it was rewarding to know that an excellent product was going to an eager customer. – less
Great pay, benefits and people
Receiving Clerk, Warehouse Attendant, Group Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKMay 9, 2013
Cons: attrition
This company has enabled me to learn every aspect of the facility, from shipping to receiving. The people have been great to work for these past 30 years.
Excellent Job
LINE WORKER (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: availability
Cons: long hours
Work environment was fast-paced and energetic
Learned to work as a team to complete certain jobs

1 2 3 4 5

About GM

Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world. From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art – Read more