GM Financial

GM Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great working environment with long term benefits
Lead End of Lease Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2013
Pros: lots of social activities
Cons: not really
Managing end of lease inspections and follow up with inspection companies overseas and domestic. Working with 2 systems infolease and web based system to keep track of daily reports.
Interacting with colleagues and inspection companies to order or cancel inspections as well as make any special arrangements as per client requests as may be required.

Updated client information on systems and releasing inspections requests.
The best part of my job is interacting with inspection companies and my colleagues as we are great tem and it is fun working.
I believe that working should be fun as the day goes by fast and people are more productive when they are enjoying what they do.
They value family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great management
Fun co-workers and management. Knowledge and management keep us up to date with changes as soon as they are aware
Consider very carefully...
Cash Management Representative (Current Employee), TexasJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good benefits, growth potential
Cons: poor management, no recognition, no work life balance, low pay
GM Financial offers good benefits and a variety departments to work in. I have been employed with GM for over a year. I initially reviewed this company after about 6 months. I now have a better understanding and experience to give an honest picture.

I work in the Payment Services Dept. The people are funny and a joy to work with. They are hard workers and process an abundance of payments to ensure high customer service standards.

The main problem within this department is the management team. From the AVP down to the Sr Reps. It is a complete disgrace. The SVP is non-existent in the workplace. This gives the AVP open season to do as he pleases and he does. He has an arrogant, full of himself attitude. There have been numerous complaints to Human Resources with no resolution of this problem.

There is no positive feedback given, only write ups. You are quickly reprimanded when mistakes are made. No encouragement to advance your career within the department. You are to work and work some more. There is no unity or team work cultivated here. Other departments have team building exercises and fun activities. Not here in our department. Our AVP is NOT willing to spend any money to build a stronger more unified team. And that is truly sad.

I have never been in a department with such an oppressive cloud. You work hard because you want to do a good job. But there is no appreciation shown for that hard work.

If your career is in Finance, do not and I repeat do not apply within the Payment Services/Cash Management/Payment Processing Dept. This department will not enhance your career in the least. Save yourself the grief and stress and apply with another department within GM. There are departments who represent GM Financial in a positive light.

I have only remained with the company because of the reputation and the possibility of getting out of this department. I hope this helps others to not make the same mistake I did.
Good pay and benefits, minimal opp for advancement
Sr. Credit Analyst II (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 30, 2014
Outside of the HQ in TX, there is not much room or advancement with this company. The pay is ok for the job, and the benefits are decent (especially when you factor in employee pricing on new cars).
Great Management
Collection Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZNovember 10, 2014
Pros: training was great
Cons: no room for advancement
Management was always willing to help you succeed. There was no room for advancement and company moved you to different desk without proper notice. Came on as contractor for 90 days once became perm had to restart another 90 days without any sick days accrued and no time off available. Was very hard to schedule dr appointments when needed.
LOW PAY
Funding Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 6, 2014
It's a good company,far as entry level, however the pay is low.
NA
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Southborough, MAOctober 17, 2014
GM Financial is a great company to work for!!! Great team and culture.
Diverse company with a great commute.
SR. COMPENSATION ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 30, 2014
GM Financial is a great company to work for. During my time there I have gained a list of experiences and had the opportunity to be apart of the forward movement of the GM brand.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Customer Service/Collections Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2014
GM Financial is a very good work place. The moral is excellent and the pay is ok. Managers provide employees with the tools to be successful. There is no hard part to the job and the most enjoyable part of my job is the perks such as center of the month lunches and bonuses
Good place to develop
European Accountant (Current Employee), CardiffSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: large multi-national organisation
Cons: lack of progression
Having the opportunity to work across many different sectors and countries
Great Place to work
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work contact customers with past due accounts in order to educate them about the status of their account and assist the customer in resolving the problem permanently, to avoid any further delinquencies. Utilize skip-tracing tools to locate the debtor in the most efficient manner in order to prepare and distribute appropriate account related correspondence. Coordinate payment negotiation process involving management, third-party insurance companies and outside agents for damaged or wrecked vehicles. The most enjoyable part of the job is working a fun-loving enthusiastic team players. I enjoy our company celebrations. Its like one big happy family.
Job stability and the future is bright
Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: growth of the company/job stability
Cons: advancement
Constantly helping and managing dealership while educating them in regards to our national programs. Working closely with our sales counterpart to meet branch and company objectives. My co-workers are excellent and we work closely together to bounce ideas off each other to help improve each territories and overall jobs. The hardest part of the job is not becoming complacent. The best part of the job is exceeding company and branch goals, building a lasting relationship with our dealers, and knowing that you are helping reach our company fiscal goals and being recognize for it.
Very Productive and challenging.
HR Policy Coordinator (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: team building, great benefits, awards and recognition, advancement
Cons: short breaks
Awesome Company to work for. Management keeps the employees motivated, weekly meetings, funderaisers, social events, growth in the company
Excellent
AmeriCredit, Retail Underwriter I (Current Employee), Southborough, MAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: excellent
Cons: excellent
• Analyze credit data to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit. Make decisions to approve or deny the extension of credit within set credit authority established by senior management and state/federal laws.
• Develop sufficient dealer relationships that ensure volume objectives and credit quality.
• Capture automotive finance contracts that meet GM Financial/AmeriCredit profitability criteria for pricing and performance.
• Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Ensure branch office cooperation with other departments, to maximize efficiency within the company.
• Ensure all queues are worked to acceptable service levels.
• Conduct joint dealer calls with Dealer Relationship Manager (DRM) on an as needed basis.
• Perform outbound telemarketing calls to the dealer customer.
• Establish and track monthly goals for assigned dealers.
• Ensure proper documentation is received on all deals.
• May provide training or assistance to lower level Credit Analysts.
Great Place to work
IT Auditor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 8, 2014
Great Place to work. Lots of people leave the company but return later.
Poor management low wages
Gm Financial (Former Employee), ArlingtonJune 6, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: #1 pay #2 managers
High turnover! Management super unprofessional. Whatever happened to building a strong workforce within a company. I'm so sick of companies like this one where they hire you then do everything in it's power to belittle and fire you. Heck you can't even focus on your work for focusing on small minded managers and their micromanaging tactics. Work should be about getting the job done well.....not destroy employee morale. Hire some compent mature managers who are not power trippers. Also, we work live in a metro area and these jobs pay what my freaking kid makes. Come on pay a decent wage!
this job do not pay enough
Collections Representative/ Loss Mitigation (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 26, 2014
Pros: pay every 2 weeks
Cons: low pay & no job advancment with company
I worked there 5 years from 2007 to 2013 and never make more than 16.00 a hour, and the Manager think they are better than you because they are over you. I have a friend name Dennis still work there and he still making 16.25 a hour and he been there over 6 years but if you need a job it not a bad place to work. One good point is they have great Benefits after 3 months......
Fast paced call enter environment
Data/Reconciliation Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and monthly bonus
Cons: little room for advancement
Execute day-to-day operational strategies and actively contribute to center performance objectives. Handling a high influx of in-bound & out-bound calls pertaining to the reconciliation and collection of delinquent accounts. I learned alot about talkoffs and effective ways to collect payment and set payment arrangements from the coaching sessions that I get from my Team Managers monthly. There is not really anything hard about the job, it pretty easy when you take the advice and coaching from managers which give you tools to suceed.
Collateral Lien Perfection Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 29, 2014
Assisted dealers, branches, and customers with questions and problems regarding their title/lien and explaining the situation or processing requirements
Should of never left
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 21, 2014
Great benefits and pay. Was not a position availablel to move up in so left.

1 2 3