GHGT is a not-for-profit and volunteer run community organization. Our operations are carried out in the heart of Hamilton’s Code Red zone. GHGT’s mission is to transform Code Red to Code Green by promoting community education, environmental stewardship, and self-reliance.
GHGT is seeking a dynamic individual to deliver Red Cross First Aid training programs in the Hamilton area
This position is flexible around instructor schedules as we run courses during the day, in the evenings and on weekends.
- Certified Canadian Red Cross First Aid Instructor
- Experience teaching First Aid and CPR courses
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills,
- Demonstrated computer and presentation skills
- Works collaboratively with the Program Coordinator
- Satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector check is required.
- A valid driver’s license,
- Deliver the Canadian Red Cross First Aid program according to national program standards.
- Prepare the course facilities, teaching materials and equipment for each course
- Ensure the health and safety of participants during training courses.
- Evaluate course participants based on prescribed performance criteria and provide continuous feedback.
- Submit participant information into Course Manager upon course completion.
GHGT will provide all necessary equipment, cleaning supplies and paperwork.