GGR is a growing subprime lender in the automotive industry, who is actively seeking an experienced Underwriter who is able to succeed in a fast past environment while providing excellent customer service. Working with the Senior Underwriter the Underwriter will manage dealer relationships, originate new business, underwrite and approve applications within assigned limits and time frames.
- evaluating and recommending vehicle loan applications by assessing customer's credit history, income, collateral and ability to pay
- working collaboratively with Senior Underwriter, sales team, dealership and customer to ensure the application is completed accurately and funded in a timely manner
- ensuring loan applications are assessed accurately and in timely manner
- applying a common sense approach to underwriting and risk evaluation of applications
- developing and strengthening dealership relationships in a sales culture environment
- providing technical support to dealerships
- operating within established Corporate Guidelines
- strong communication skills, professional telephone manner, and ability to deal with customers tactfully and effectively
- 1-3 years loan underwriting experience preferably in the automotive sub-prime space
- experience with loan origination software preferred
- strong analytical, organizational and time-management skills
- work effectively in a team environment
- ability to perform complex problem-solving with attention to detail and minimal direction
- demonstrated ability to positively influence others (propose options/solutions to customer)
- demonstrated ability to make sound underwriting decisions
- well-developed negotiation and sales skills
GGR Finance is a full service finance company focused on consumer automobile financing. We operate with the highest level of integrity and deliver superior customer service. At GGR we work closely with the dealerships to ensure a successful purchase process, tailoring both vehicle and financing to suit customer needs, giving them complete peace of mind.
Application deadline: March 3, 2014
GGR Finance is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please quote job code in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.