Notice of Vacancy
October 31, 2013
We are currently recruiting for the position of Accounting Clerk to add value to our Operations team in Edmonton.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties from inventory calculations to assisting with front desk customer service. Responsibilities will include posting the day's receipts, filing and tallying deposits, coding, totaling, batching, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements. Other responsibilities will include the compilation of budget data and documents based on estimated revenues, expenses and previous budgets, and the performance of related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Audits accounts to make sure that payments are timely.
- Checks other people's work to make sure that their final figures are correct, noting errors and the causes of any miscalculations.
- Utilizes computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- Contacts individuals with delinquent accounts.
- Calculates, prepares and issues documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements
- Compiles financial data in spreadsheets
- Prepares period or cost statements or reports
- Calculates costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists
- Responds to customer inquiries, maintains good customer relations and solves problems
- Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Diploma in Accounting required. Accounting students considered.
- MBA or Accounting Designation student preferred
- Minimum 3 years working experience in accounting/bookkeeping required
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices and reporting requirements
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, Quickbooks and e-mail
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality
The ideal candidate will be company focused, able to build strong client relationships, self-motivated and a team player.
Competitive salary and benefit packages offered.
Posting closes at 5pm November 11th, 2013.
Please apply by emailing your resume to this ad. Please quote "Accounting Clerk" in the subject line of your email.
Indeed - 8 months ago
GFI Systems maintains its position as the industry's best fleet management provider ensuring the most robust, responsive and comprehensive...