Job Type: Full-time ongoing
Salary: Negotiable, commensurate with experience level
Start Date: 1 July 2013 or Earlier
Objective / Role:
Design and develop a highly customized GIS / analytics - based system for oil and gas. You will be joining the project team at the concept stage, and will be heavily involved in key decisions regarding architecture, platforms, etc. The system will integrate multiple best-in-class platforms across GIS, Interactive Analytics, Business Intelligence, Geology / Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering. This role is key to launching a significant new GEOSEIS business line, and has high growth potential.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- A top quality individual – GEOSEIS hires great people rather than strictly filling roles – if you’re awesome, but don’t exactly fit the characteristics, we encourage you to apply.
- B.Sc. in GIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Geophysics, Engineering, or related field
- 5-15 years experience
- Hands-on experience in software development – programming, testing, specification, architecture
- ESRI, open source GIS, Spotfire, OpenSpirit platform knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of encryption, authentication, and petroleum data is an asset
- Leader, problem solver, “out-of-the-box” thinker.
- Capable of being project lead or primary technical resource on specific development, including ability to take responsibility for moving forward internal staff, outside contractors
- Team player, collaborative style, with excellent formal and informal communication.
Work Focus/ Activities:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Move a system from concept, to prototype, to commercialization
- Act as project lead or primary technical resource on specific development, including taking responsibility for moving forward outside contractors or subcontractors
- Engage with in-house staff and workflows to build a fully featured specification for development
- Actual nuts-and-bolts code development of select system and analysis modules
- Developing integration of disparate 3rd party software packages and databases
- Bring ideas, effective methodologies, work flows, processes to the table
- Workflow design for high-volume unstructured spatial petroleum data
- Tasks may include: design, development, technical project delivery, analysis, testing, technical support, marketing, client liaison – we’re a small company, be prepared to wear many hats!
- Ongoing, this job may include system enhancements, consulting / system installations, technical support, workflow optimization, marketing support, etc.
- Assist GEOSEIS in improving the quality and quantity of our work delivered to clients
– “Better, Faster, Different”
- This role is key to GEOSEIS launching a significant new business initiative with high growth potential
- GEOSEIS will work creatively with individual to design a mutually acceptable position
- Targeting flexibility and give-and-take for both GEOSEIS and individual
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
Description of GEOSEIS:
GEOSEIS Inc. is a consulting and technology services company with a focus on international petroleum exploration and production. Our clients range from startups to NOC’s to super-majors. We specialize in creatively solving the challenging problems inherent in the delivery and support of cutting edge applications and toolkits, and associated geological, geophysical and geomatics data, analytics, and systems. We have a focus on technology and data integration, always trying to bring the best new approaches to solve our clients’ problems. We have been in operation for 15 years, and are a bright and capable group of 20 professionals and technology specialists, flexibly grouped into Data and Technology Integraion, Geomatics and Mapping, Geology and Geophysics, Divestiture, and Seismic Services. We pride ourselves on our flexibility, creativity, and can-do attitude.
Indeed - 6 months ago