GeoDigital International Inc. (“GDI”) is a data capture and mapping company providing services to the infrastructure industry.
We believe it is our people who bring value and quality to our clients, providing a level of exceptional technical and business solutions that have made us an industry leader. GDI invests in and fosters a working environment and culture that will provide you with the opportunity to do challenging work with industry leaders. We want you to build a career and grow with us.
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Reports To: Manager, Corporate Applications
Department: Corporate Applications
Location: Hamilton, ON
Term: 15 month contract position
Date: August 28, 2012
As the Business Systems Analyst your primary role is to support design, implementation and usage of internal business systems that assist GeoDigital employees as well as other stakeholders in acquiring and disseminating information effectively throughout the organization. These systems include MS SharePoint, Project Management in QuickBase, and Replicon Web Timesheet among others.
1. Assists with development and implementation of GeoDigital’s long-term strategic plan for business applications including Microsoft SharePoint, QuickBase and other applications based on business goals and input from stakeholders.
2. Assists in identifying, recommending and prioritizing features and rollouts in conjunction with the IT Manager and Business Unit Managers.
3. Conducts design, development and implementation of new features, systems and components.
4. Supports end users with developing reports, auditing data quality and running integration procedures between systems.
5. Assists in establishing and communicating best practices and policies / procedures for displaying the data and publishing content and reports so end users can easily access.
6. Trains end users and ensures competency in utilizing applications throughout the organization.
7. Arranges meetings, prepares agendas, anticipates requirements for training sessions and notifies participants.
8. Liaises with external consultants to translate end users needs into solutions within the application.
9. Troubleshoots problems / issues with the IT team to resolve user problems and ensure data integrity and also to identify and recommend opportunities for improvement.
10. Promotes the value and use of business systems to various Business Units and groups within the organization.
1. Collects from the various Business Units required changes and implements all changes in business systems.
2. Helps maximize business systems relating to their roles in disseminating information and supporting operations.
3. Maintains and administers SharePoint, QuickBase and Replicon, including data entry and report design and development, and security management.
4. Helps the IT team to document and maintain IT process and procedures and makes this information accessible to the organization through the use of SharePoint.
1. Complies with company policies and procedures.
2. Performs other tasks as required by management.
This position requires a combination of strong technical and strong communications skills. The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for both learning new technologies and implementing user-friendly systems.
Education and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Systems Technology, Information Systems, Business Administration with strong technical inclination and or 1-2 years of equivalent work experience
- Highly proficient with web API/script programming
- Strong working knowledge in database design and support
- Experience working on cross-functional collaboration project administration
- Working knowledge in HTML and web design
- Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint contribution/design and formal training would be considered an asset
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, MSDE would be considered an asset
- Ability to turn raw information into a user-friendly interface
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of systems
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
Please submit your cover letter and resume early in the process, but no later than September 15, 2012. Your cover letter should highlight your professional and academic experience with web API/script programming and database design and support.
Please name your files “FirstName Last Name – Cover Letter” and “FirstName Last Name – Resume”.