This position reports to the Senior Project Manager. The core responsibility of this position is to play a key role in the management of turnkey solar system integrations (PV and Solar thermal) in both retrofit and new construction projects with consistent execution standards and project management capabilities.
- Work with the Senior project manager to define scopes of work for projects
- Be involved with preliminary budgets.
- Conduct preliminary review of potential projects with the internal sales force
- Conduct preliminary site review of potential projects to assist the sales team with the development of quotes/proposals.
- Work with the Engineering Consultant regarding design strategies.
- Submit designs to Owners/Consultants for approval where applicable.
- Responsible to ensure job number and contract paperwork is in place prior to commencement of job. Delegate to Senior Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Liase with Client’s with respect to status of projects.
- Coordinate scheduling of design meetings with Client/ trades and outside environment. Delegate to Senior Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Identify need for/ status of and methods of obtaining licenses/ permits.
- Be responsible for the submission of rebate forms and building permits.
- Deal with Authorities having Jurisdiction.
- Conduct preliminary review for access for materials, equipment etc. for projects.
- Review/Arrange/Coordinate and access for materials, crane etc. for jobsites.
- Attend site meetings in conjunction with Senior Project Manager/ Team Leader as needed.
- Liase with Team Leader to ensure that all project details are relayed for the commencement of site works.
- After completion of site works, assume responsibility for commissioning of Energy System.
- Liase with Client to assist with the submission of rebate applications.
- Ensure progress and final billings have been sent.
- Conduct postmortem on construction budget versus actual and present back to Senior Project Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years experience related to general contracting, solar systems, HVAC, plumbing or electrical.
- Has a demonstrated track record of managing successful projects including design, policy, procedures and operational planning development
- Has strong management and organizational skills
- This position will be required to have a regular site presence on projects being managed
- Related post secondary education (Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma) or equivalent experience related to Construction Management and Project Management (PMP designation would be an asset).
- Strong budgeting, reporting and project control knowledge required for successful setup and implementation of important business aspects
- Demonstrated track record of improving operational efficiency and building effective relationships with customers
- Microsoft Project, Auto CAD, Microsoft office including excel and word
Indeed - 2 years ago