GEEP (Global Electric Electronic Processing) is a global leader in the electronic asset management and end-of-life electronics recycling. GEEP is committed to enabling safe and secure reuse of electronics, recovery of natural resources from obsolete electronics, safe and responsible recycling of electronics to divert waste from landfill. GEEP has locations across Canada, in the United States, Mexico, Central America, South America and Europe.
We are looking for an Industrial or Process Engineer to be based in Barrie, ON with travel to locations in Canada and the United States. The successful candidate will focus on the optimization of processes in our key facilities.
Job Duties May Include:
- Conducting production line studies to establish robust, repeatable and reproducible process parameters
- Analyzing current process flow to make suggestions for continuous improvement projects and cost savings
- The use of sound benchmarking principals and techniques
- Presenting project summaries to senior management
- Preparing or modifying SOP's utilizing best practices
- Performing root cause downtime and nonconformance analysis to identify corrective measures
This position will work under the supervision of the Divisional General Manager and Vice President of Operations.
Qualifications & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, disciplines may include: Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mining and/or Chemical
- 2-5 years experience in engineering field
- Background in manufacturing environment (recycling or waste management industry an asset)
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Excellent technical communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis
- Ability to work with team members to produce deliverables in a timely manner
- Accurate and detail-oriented with a high-level of initiative
- Strong mathematical skills, decision making, and advanced knowledge with MS Excel
GEEP Inc. is an equal opportunity employer ensuring compliance with employment equity legislation and offers a competitive salary, company paid benefits, and a friendly work environment. We offer a unique insight into the E-waste industry, with our fast-paced and ever changing environment!
To learn more about us, visit: www.geepglobal.com
We thank you for your interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.