GEEP (Global Electric Electronic Processing) is a global leader in the electronic asset management and end-of-life electronics recycling. GEEP is committed to enabling safe and secure reuse of electronics, recovery of natural resources from obsolete electronics, safe and responsible recycling of electronics to divert waste from landfill. GEEP has locations across Canada, in the United States, Mexico, Central America, South America and Europe.
We are looking for Human Resources – Junior Generalist to be based in Montreal, QC. Reporting to the General Manager, the Junior Generalist will be responsible for the day to day HR activities of the facility as well as leading the H&S program on site. This role will also oversee the management of our ISO certification requirements.
Job Duties May Include:
- Provide guidance and instruction to employees and managers on Human Resources policies, programs and systems
- Manage employee relations; including conflict management, and assist supervisory team with disciplinary records and corrective action plans
- Facilitate/participate in Compliance, Customer and ISO audits, employee opinion surveys, focus groups and have a hands on approach in the completion of subsequent action plans
- Control and Maintain all Job Descriptions, HR related policies and HR programs while updating appropriate management with any changes and updates
- Implement and coordinate the full cycle recruitment process including posting positions, screening applicants, conducting interviews, selecting candidates, and providing feedback
- Maintain the performance appraisal database and generate reports as required
- Prepare, maintain and update employee databases (e.g. training, employee lists) and various related weekly/monthly/quarterly reports
- Maintain the IMS systems at the applicable site while working with other sites to harmonize procedures / processes which will involve continuous improvements, refinements to ensure compliance as well as an efficient operation
- Facilitate audits (regulatory and customer) as required. Includes – audit prep, gap analysis, meeting and working with auditors, follow up on identified non-conformances, etc.
- Maintain administrative H&S records including JHSC meeting minutes and follow-up, accident reporting, medical surveillance testing, and CSST reporting
- Responsible for developing and implementing a training program in line with government legislation
- Advise on Occupational Health & Safety legislation requirements
- Make recommendations for improving health & safety conditions in the workplace on an ongoing basis, and report deficiencies or hazards immediately
Qualifications & Abilities:
- Post secondary education in Human Resources Management required, working towards obtaining the CHRP designation preferred
- Two to three years previous experience in Human Resources
- Strong understanding of Canadian & Quebec employment legislations
- Knowledge of Occupational H&S legislation
- Previous payroll experience required
- Previous experience with ISO Management Systems an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong team player with ability to multitask on various projects
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be fluent in both English and French (read/write/speak)
GEEP offers a unique insight into the E-waste industry, with its fast-paced and ever changing environment!
To learn more about us, visit: www.geepglobal.com
Indeed - 22 months ago