GE Transportation Employee Reviews

Dynamic environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA8 January 2017
Opportunity to work in a highly dynamic environment with tremendous opportunity to grow and develop. Work with extremely smart people and observe many leadership styles
Through planning and enjoy smart work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  White Field, Karnataka4 January 2017
Recollect what was accomplished the previous day and what has to be accomplished current day. Check emails and plan for the days activities. Attend stand up call and announce previous/current days activities. High light on any road blocks for current days task.

Plan my day based on meetings scheduled for the day. By EOD send the status updates in case test execution was performed.
Attend any status meetings in the evening with product owners and understand upcoming activities/work/projects. Also understand the priorities business functionality to be delivered
Pros
flexible timings which helps to have work life balance
They work you until you're numb to it
n/a (Current Employee) –  n/a2 December 2016
The typical work day for an employee is 10-11 hours. If you put in your 8 hours and then leave, you're a "lazy" employee. It's a high-stress environment every day. Managers are very good at committing to unreasonable goals and tasks - especially because all they have to do is commit and not actually follow through with them. There is no work-life balance - no matter what they try to tell you when they hire you on. They do invest a lot of time and money to train employees and teach them all they need to know. To me, this doesn't compensate for all of the other negatives of this company.
Good place toneork
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie Pa.21 September 2016
Many opportunities in a wide range of fields. Good work life balance. Job security is average to low. Most of the people are good to work with. Mangement focus can be a little bit short term. Compensation is good. Vacation policy is good.
Pros
GE culture
Cons
Job security
Self directed work place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PA8 September 2016
I enjoyed my job for most of my career. Maintenance on the machines could be a lot better. Management personnel being hired regardless of experience in a manufacturing environment.
it was good while it lasted
Welder (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA1 September 2016
i gave my job everything i had, and I was still laid off. Not much else to say. this company only cares about its CEOs and forgets about the employees that made it what it is today
Didn't had very good work life balance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 August 2016
Didn't had very good work life balance.

I was full time employee of Ge transportation. Joined as Engineer in train control component group . Didn't had nice experience.
Fun Work place, Flexible work hours and new challenges
Engaging environment
Too many meetings though
shipping/receiving
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PA10 July 2016
the staff was great to work with, the employees were very helpful in teaching
I learned a lot about locomotives
manager was wonderful, very knowledgeable

most enjoyable was the people I worked with
good pay and benefits
Locomotive assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA17 June 2016
Ge has a reputation for the past 100 years building the best locomotives in the world. The company offers good pay and benefits
cool job
Electro Mechanical Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX14 June 2016
challenging function to be a part of but you will learn a lot. managers set a fast pace and expect stretch goals to be met on time
good job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA9 June 2016
Nice people to work with, safe work areas, job was not too hard, was a good job to have overall, proper equipment was supplied to get job done
Loved who I worked with very poor management
Lead Management Engineering Planner - PMO Office (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL8 June 2016
very poor management, harassment that the H.R. dept could not do anything about for 10 years after numerous complaints.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
extremely poor management
of standard
Simulation and Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA24 May 2016
was a growing business so l didn't really expect the best. things weren't moving in most of the time. was just there to built skills and resume
Good company
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL5 May 2016
Good work life balance. Great family based company that takes care of their employees.Was a pleasure working at this company.
Iam very productive and dependable person. I would be a great asset to your Company
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV28 April 2016
Review our daily work schedule and began the work that has to be done. I work 10 hours shifts and over time if need. I follow all the safety sheets for what ever project we are working on at the time. The most enjoyable time of the day is when we get new contracts for Train parts.
Pros
bonsus
benefits
Best group of guys I ever worked with. Period
Remanufacture Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO27 April 2016
This reviewer worked as a temp and due to a labor depute was not retained. I was however offered a position later that due to health issues at the time i was not able to take. Management seemed very open to work with me when I had a family emergency arise even though I was just a temp. I loved the work and the guys i worked with were more than willing to help with training of new skills or fine tuning of existing skills, even offering to skip breaks just to help out. If a position becomes available again i would be more than happy to go back.
Daily challenges, team environment that works together to obtain the same goal and develop a robust product.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA13 April 2016
A typical work day consisted of. A brief meeting was held to review the status of the project and tasks and status of each member. If one of the team members had incomplete tasks we would assist them to keep project on track. Your day was not structured and chained to a desk for hours at a time. But very free flowing to travel about the facility, weather it was concept, design, development, to prototype testing production. Every team member was specialized in a function but was not limited to one, cross training and mentoring held a big part of that. Management had very little part of the equation only to review status of the projects and recognize our accomplishments with complementary lunches. I have to say the most demanding part of this position was vendor supplied parts not meeting our demand dates to fulfill our testing and production dates. To sum up the position held, project was very challenging with a demanding schedule, but with the team I was involved with it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Team environment that worked together and complemented each other, that made it a pleasure to be part of a project.
Cons
Contract Ended
Relaxed Corporate Environment
Tier 1 Software Applications Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA31 March 2016
GE Transportation holds value in diversity, teamwork, efficiency, timeliness, and productivity. As this is my first career opportunity, I have proven to fit well within GE's standards.
Working culture is Superb
Engine Optimization by using GT Power (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka9 March 2016
People who are working here are very supportive, One gets good opportunities for the Professional growth. Job satisfaction is there as one gets the Project ownership.