GE Transportation

GE Transportation Employee Reviews

A great company to work
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KAJanuary 6, 2016
Fantastic Company to start the career.

There are lot of ways in which one can stood up as a leader in GE Transportation. One can show all their engineering knowledge in GE.
Lot of projects and their experience will give you confidence.
Excellent manager and Team work offers great mindset to work.

Overall it's a great company.
Pros
Learning and Challenges
Cons
Salary
Productive and fun place to work
SAS SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Not much of learning opportunities.
Work life balance is good. Management is supportive.
Pros
Long term profile
Cons
No learning opportunities
Good Job Culture
Train Control Engineer. The Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Whitefield, KADecember 22, 2015
GE have a good Working Environment,they Acknowledges Innovation and Supports you. Team Culture is good in GE and have Average Work Life Balance.
Pros
Good Environment for Working
Cons
Learning Opportunities are less
Excellent
IM Program Manager Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 26, 2015
Wonderful place to work with great people and competitive salary. Expect long hours with lots of reward. A wonderful, rewarding, and relaxed atmosphere with high expectations but little worries about non-work related stressors. Excellent work from home policy.
Relaxed Corporate Environment
Tier 1 Software Applications Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2016
GE Transportation holds value in diversity, teamwork, efficiency, timeliness, and productivity. As this is my first career opportunity, I have proven to fit well within GE's standards.
Best group of guys I ever worked with. Period
Remanufacture Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2016
This reviewer worked as a temp and due to a labor depute was not retained. I was however offered a position later that due to health issues at the time i was not able to take. Management seemed very open to work with me when I had a family emergency arise even though I was just a temp. I loved the work and the guys i worked with were more than willing to help with training of new skills or fine tuning of existing skills, even offering to skip breaks just to help out. If a position becomes available again i would be more than happy to go back.
Fast paced, metric driven atmosphere
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 22, 2015
This is a large company but individuals have high visibility and ownership. Work life balance is pretty good but can depend on the manager. It's important to be able to be able to sell your opinion because every organization is very metric driven and they do not always line up with each other. There is a lot of potential for moving around the company and work in various teams. If yo do well at your job you will be rewarded and move up through the ranks.
Daily challenges, team environment that works together to obtain the same goal and develop a robust product.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 13, 2016
A typical work day consisted of. A brief meeting was held to review the status of the project and tasks and status of each member. If one of the team members had incomplete tasks we would assist them to keep project on track. Your day was not structured and chained to a desk for hours at a time. But very free flowing to travel about the facility, weather it was concept, design, development, to prototype testing production. Every team member was specialized in a function but was not limited to one, cross training and mentoring held a big part of that. Management had very little part of the equation only to review status of the projects and recognize our accomplishments with complementary lunches. I have to say the most demanding part of this position was vendor supplied parts not meeting our demand dates to fulfill our testing and production dates. To sum up the position held, project was very challenging with a demanding schedule, but with the team I was involved with it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Team environment that worked together and complemented each other, that made it a pleasure to be part of a project.
Cons
Contract Ended
Iam very productive and dependable person. I would be a great asset to your Company
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Review our daily work schedule and began the work that has to be done. I work 10 hours shifts and over time if need. I follow all the safety sheets for what ever project we are working on at the time. The most enjoyable time of the day is when we get new contracts for Train parts.
Pros
bonsus
benefits
Fun Atmosphere
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 8, 2015
I only had a shadowing experience here, so I am unsure of the payroll or the benefits that the job requires. But the employees here were extremely friendly and helpful. I liked seeing different people, and interacting with new faces.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
A little too much down time, which can drag the day out
Need management improvemnt
Electrical System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 18, 2015
A place of constant management change and constant change in direction focusing on short term profit. A lot of talent and diversity but not enough stress on employee improvement expertise and future with company.
Loved who I worked with very poor management
Lead Management Engineering Planner - PMO Office (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 8, 2016
very poor management, harassment that the H.R. dept could not do anything about for 10 years after numerous complaints.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
extremely poor management
Very hated
Traction Motor Remanufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2015
Many employees hated this place, it was a fun job, very interesting and very different. However employee treatment was extremely poor from management, night shift management didn't do anything for anyone until they were talked to from day shift management. Lack of care. A contracted/temporary position, all were promised to be hired on until they brought on a new upper management personnel and ended up leading all temps into false hope.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
worst management ever experienced
nice place to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  ErieDecember 2, 2015
Very nice place to work, nice people, great team. good benefits and easy going. would recommend the company to other people
cool job
Electro Mechanical Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2016
challenging function to be a part of but you will learn a lot. managers set a fast pace and expect stretch goals to be met on time
good pay and benefits
Locomotive assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 17, 2016
Ge has a reputation for the past 100 years building the best locomotives in the world. The company offers good pay and benefits
Working culture is Superb
Engine Optimization by using GT Power (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 9, 2016
People who are working here are very supportive, One gets good opportunities for the Professional growth. Job satisfaction is there as one gets the Project ownership.
of standard
Simulation and Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 24, 2016
was a growing business so l didn't really expect the best. things weren't moving in most of the time. was just there to built skills and resume
good job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 9, 2016
Nice people to work with, safe work areas, job was not too hard, was a good job to have overall, proper equipment was supplied to get job done
Good company
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2016
Good work life balance. Great family based company that takes care of their employees.Was a pleasure working at this company.