GE Transportation Employee Reviews

Empresa dinâmica e excelente para se trabalhar
Líder de Produção (Former Employee) –  Contagem, MG21 June 2017
Excelente empresa para trabalhar.
Muito respeitado no campo empresarial e de bom relacionamento com o s funcionários.
Nice Workplace
Technical Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA19 June 2017
It was a balanced life and nice workplace to be at. I enjoyed my time with some good learning as well. They offer nice work from home as well. Overall nice experience
cut thoart
coilwinder (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA14 June 2017
co workers are beyond greedy, this is not a secure place of employment. always laying off workers and management. work environment is extremely stressful
GE Oil & Gas
Sr Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA6 June 2017
 Inherited a severely troubled $8M initiative that was over budget and over schedule.
 Revived project’s health using Agile methodology and cultivated deeper business commitment.
 Delivered project with only a $10K variance, despite serious initial setbacks
Old Ways Die Hard
Emissions/Aftertreatment Leader (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA31 May 2017
I can't recommend GE Transportation to anyone, because I was laid off from there...twice! Hard to imagine how a company can be in business for over a hundred years and still cannot endure lean times without laying off valuable people.
But if you love technology and especially if you like working with lots of talented engineers, and you don't need to support a family or live in one place, it's a good choice. Being GE, there's lots of ladder climbers there. Upper management doesn't have a clue what locomotives are all about. The real skill and company backbone is in the engineers and workers who have managed to avoid or weather the layoffs. There are long-timers there, but always new faces.
Another uncertainty: there are indications that GET is slowly moving operations away from Erie and towards Texas, India, and other places. Capital spending in Erie tends to be superficial, or "band-aid", just do the minimum to get the short-term goals done. So I wouldn't expect much to remain there in 20 years. except lots of contaminated dirt.
Salaried people enjoy good benefits and flexible work hours, even though late and weekend work is often required. Some jobs are very stressful. Some managers seem to believe if you are not giving somebody a hard time you are not doing a good job.
The corporation imposes many of its enterprise software solutions and lawyer-inspired rules on Transportation, and it's hard to see what they get in return. GE's vastly different businesses have little in common.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, exposure to technologies of all kinds, good place for hyper-acheivers to shine
Cons
bureaucracy befitting a giant company, drags down your day; strong layoff potential
Welder (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA25 May 2017
This is a great place to work. The wages are quite fair and the people are really nice. The only problem is the union environment. There are many people that work there that should have been fired years ago. Yet they still have their jobs, while the newest are laid off that do a great job.
Nice Big Company
Electrical Machines Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA19 May 2017
Opportunity to rotate in different roles within the company.
Unionized workforce did not favor the company growth.
Busy schedule with lots of meetings!
Pros
Opportunity for career advancement
Cons
Lots of work with the pay on the lower end
No job security!
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA12 May 2017
I am dedicated and work hard by myself and as a group. I strive for perfection. I go to work with little to no supervision from management. Great pay and benefits. Job security is horrible. I gave up my call back rights because I want to be dedicated to one company for the rest of my career.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job security
its ok
MANUAL BULLARD OPERATOR/ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA5 May 2017
GE is great for pay and benefits but the job security is to much up and down has far as work place environment its one of the better places I have worked for their safety programs are a model for any industry to follow all though others would not agree
GE Transportation
GE Transportation (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA4 May 2017
difficult to maintain work/life balance; excellent compensation and benefits package; job security is difficult given certain business environments; very intelligent and motivated group of people to work with and for;
long hours and nothing changes
operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX3 May 2017
same issues, just resort to fixing everything with OT. upper level management is always saying they listen to everyone's concerns but thats about where it stops and nothing actually seems to get done about anything.
Working in GE Transportation
CabE Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore1 May 2017
GE transportation provides opportunity to take ownership, encouraging to take challenge and support to be successful. I got opportunity to work on various products and technologies, which helped to work on new tools technologies and knowledge areas. When I look back my last 4 years of working with GE, it gives be great satisfaction due to the opportunities I got, what I have achieved and the knowledge I gained.
Summary
Senior On-site Services Staff Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CA29 April 2017
GE is great place to work. Working at customer site is not very enjoyable. Have to follow customer work culture. I have never worked at GE owned facility but from colleagues have heard flexibility and work life balance is great.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Compensation
Dont do it.
Lead Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA24 April 2017
Total lack of consideration for any of thier employees
They will use you and lose you. Lots of temporary layoffs amd then one day they decide to move the line to Texas or overseas. And your jobless. All in all, they only care about the dollar, they could care aless about the employees.
A very good company
Global Engine Labs, Test Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA17 April 2017
Worked there as an intern for a total of 11 months on mostly the engine team as a mechanical engineer. Excellent place to work, and extremely inviting in terms of atmosphere and people. Got a lot done while I was there, and it was all because of the people.
Your never good enough no matter what
Controller (Former Employee) –  Lawrence Park, PA14 April 2017
Management at GE Transportation is nothing but a bunch of uneducated out of there league nobody's. Always looking to find fault with even the best of workers just to condone their pitiful attempt at securing the job they have.
Pros
pay
Cons
management is plain stupid
Empresa muito legal p se trabalhar
Analista de Sistemas Jr (Former Employee) –  Contagem, MG13 April 2017
Empresa top recomendo - Empresa muito legal p se trabalhar
Pros
Prl
Cons
Poucas oportunidades internas
family fun days, employee fun days, safety incentives, pizza parties...etc
Lead and Loop Department (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA13 April 2017
work is kind of boring and repetitive but pay and benefits were great. I liked the people I worked with. We often had fun times around the holidays and superbowl. We had a union and they did a great job getting us the benefits we needed. It wasn't perfect but much better than most places. I do feel that people had a sense of entitlement and hid behind the union to get away with stuff.
Pros
pizza days and picnics
Cons
health care was really good when I started but dedtuctibles and copays increased
Great Company
Systems/Proposals Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA5 April 2017
Great company to work at ! Invest into its employees for development and growth. Learned tremendously to cultivate myself to become a future leader. Learned to adapt, innovate and work with a diverse and global workforce.
Productive and fun work enviroment.
Circuit Board Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MO31 March 2017
Built circuit boards per order requirements. Management was great to work with. Workplace culture was mixed and friendly. There was nothing hard about the job. Enjoyed working with everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.