GE Power & Water

GE Power & Water Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place for learning!
mechanical maintenance technician co-ordinator (Current Employee), Veresegyház, PEOctober 31, 2013
safety- first
12-hour work a day
good carrier possibility
good co-workers
Good company to work for
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee), Jacinto PortDecember 3, 2014
Pros: you don't have to work weekends, the work is not hard at all
Cons: the pay is not great and there is not enough over time to keep up with the cost of living.
I enjoy working at GE, Its a good company over all. This site in particular needs a little help in the areas of the people that work on the shop floor. I am ready for a new job that requires more critical thinking where I can use my skills to their fullest.
most enjoyable part of job
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 5, 2014
i enjoyed the people that worked there. the job mostly became monotonous and left no challenge as several job duties were sourced out.
Too many emails
CSM, CPM (Current Employee), North AmericaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: no downtime
too many emails received when you should not be involved. Micromanaging is commonplace. Too many corporate communications "for the customer" to busy being involved in meetings internally than actually being there "for the customer"

How the company makes money is beyond me.
Flexible Work Hours & Work Culture
IT Team Leader (Current Employee), BangaloreSeptember 29, 2014
GE culture and flexible work hours makes employees very happy.
DEAD END ROAD
RP (Current Employee), WilmingtonSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: chicken on fridays
Cons: new pay scale / unfair management
Not only is management shady and unethical, they are totally against females advancing or even acquiring different jobs. It's true about the good ole boys at General Electric... They stick together like
glue. No one can have ttheir own opinion or else you are out of the loop. Management is immoral and doing unethical moves when they know they can get – more... by with it because the job market is still hurting in this area. Someone coming to this company who has absolutely no prior experience or qualifications has a better chance of becoming a manager faster than any GE female with tons of experience just because of gender. This situation has happened several times and the issue keeps being pushed under the rug or to an inside GE attorney who is basically GE. A job posting means there will be several postings because the job qualifications change multiple times for the same job so they can write in the qualifications of the person they want to hire. This process is so unfair to anyone.. How does a job qualification change over and over for one job.. And the job doesn't change? Unbelievable. Basically if you are not too desperate, keep looking elsewhere . – less
Good workplace but unfair advancement
Lead Services Program Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch friday, located otp, great 401k
Cons: poor health insurance, bad yearly raise, too much politics
GE in Atlanta is a good, fair place to work for a paycheck. Unfortunately, as with most large companies, they focus too heavily on diversity instead of talent. Many positions have been awarded to people based on criteria other than experience or merit simply to pad numbers. This causes the good talent to search elsewhere, and is causing an unhealthy – more... atmosphere to fester. – less
Welcome to the Boys Club..
Former Employee (Former Employee), USAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: the company wants to do more with less, poor health benefits, high turnover rate, and major upper management corruption.
This place is 100 lawsuits waiting to happen. I could not believe the amount of immaturity, unprofessionalism and corruption I witnessed from upper management on a day-to-day basis. This company is run by a network of good ol boys who continue to take the company down a very negative path. They have successfully cultivated a crooked culture of looking – more... the other way when something iffy happens. Young employees are treated poorly. You are faced with the decision to put your head down and tough it out or quit.

Do not expect the Human Resource department to assist with major issues either; once you address major issues involving the good ol boys you will be targeted. And in return, the company will cover their tracks by transferring the HR folks involved to another department after they have booted you out the door for being a whistleblower.

RUN.... far away! – less
Day in my life at GE.
Gulf Sales Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Trevose, PAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: i can work from home if needed.
Provide total support to Gulf Region GM, RM, ARM, AM, FSR.
Order supplies, process expense for P-Card & T&L
Setup new employee with all the necessary information and items that they need to do their jobs at GE.
Run report in SAP and Sales Portal for the reps.
Update Inventory in SAP.
Request new vendor setup, so we can issue po, checks
NC Boroscope – more... and Flow Meter Facilitator
I also backup the NC Region & backed up the Middle Market Region.
I enjoy working and helping my co-workers. I love to multitask and keep very busy. I always offer to take on new task or projects. – less
Union stiffles real change, only drawback
Machinist/Winder (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: plant manager trying to bring change, employee empowerment
Cons: union politics, good-ol-boy-network
Excellent benefits, not very stressful, needs some capital investment for new equipment
Downhill after GE acquisition
assembler (Former Employee), Boulder, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: fair benefits and pay
Cons: poor products and management
After the company was acquired by GE things changed. The quality of the management, products, and services offered dropped dramatically. There was constant talk of growth as department employees were cut.
Great opportunity to get global experience while sitting in a single office
Finance Project Manager (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYApril 22, 2014
I enjoy the diversity of working in a global company. Things can get complex at times, but that's what I thrive on.
Fairly high stress work environment, for the Power & Water Div
Monitoring & Diagnostic Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: worked 7 - 3. ocassional free lunches and events
Cons: rising healthcare. worked 1 weekend day in weekly schedule.
As a M & D Engineer for General Electric Energy Division, I would assist other engineers in the Monitoring & Diagnostic duties for up to 180 Gas & Steam Turbine Engines. Duties include, first & foremost, is working “trips” on units, when they come in. Evaluating Alert Watch units. Both of which are top priorities. Also, looking for anomaly’s, which – more... would include Combustion Shifts, Vibration changes, Failed Sensors, etc. that violate GE’s Process Map criteria and could possibly lead to a costlier shutdown of the turbine if left undetected. If anomaly is found, we would call the site and speak to the Control Room Operator and if possible the CPM-Contract Performance Manager. If the issue requires immediate action, a case is created noting time of the event and the overall characteristics of the turbine and what action needs to be taken to correct the problem. Once resolution is issued and corrected, the case is then closed. Currently, working with the New Performance team, to establish new guidelines for anomaly detection on Performance, Balance of Plant and Bonus LD. Also, trained new contractors for the department. Computer software used – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, etc. – less
Great Company, High Energy
Communications Leader, Power Generation (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2014
Working for GE Power & Water has been a great experience. They move fast, expect a lot, but provide great opportunities for senior leadership exposure and work/life balance.
GE Energy
Executive Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
I love working for GE. I would love to stay with the company but due to moving, I am looking elsewhere
O&M Deopt. in wind power
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), KaradFebruary 9, 2014
Here i m field service technician in O & M, its wonderful experience in this organisation.
Lots of good people to work with.
Solar Technician II (Process Engineer Technician) (Current Employee), arvada ,coJanuary 3, 2014
Work was very fun. A nice friendly environment to walk into on a daily basis.
Manufacturing work environment
Application Engineer (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 23, 2013
GE Power and water is a great place to work especialy at the Repair development Center in Greenville,SC. We always have new technologies being tested and new repair processes being developed. There is always someting new to learn.
Mostly great
Wind Technician II (Current Employee), Ellsworth, KSNovember 11, 2013
Rewarding work, great crew and great management at my wind farm. Though, I have work a few 80 hour weeks but mostly averaging about 50-60 hour weeks = great pay. Just spend more time at work than I do at home. Overall a great, stable company to work for.
Long working days but with a lot of succeess stories.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Puerto Rico and Dominican RepublicOctober 30, 2013
Pros: company car and expenses account
Cons: extremely long working days and frequency
I typically worked 10-12 hours/day. During my career with GE I applied the knowledge and experience acquired during my previous employments. Unfortunately, change in the organization did not consider the customers needs. Eventually the division where I working for have decline in Sales revenue over the last 3 years. My peers and subordinate always worked – more... as a team and our customer loved the service and the performance of the my group.

The hardest part of the job was the work/life balance because of the administrative work requirement increase exponentially because our management was trying to manage the business without contacting the customer.

The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of solving customer process problems within a win-win environment and the development of the water and process treatment market share in the Dominican Republic in the Power, Pharmaceutical, HPI and Mining industry sector. – less

About GE Power & Water

GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies – Read more