GE Oil & Gas

GE Oil & Gas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Prouctive and a fun place to work
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches, christmas party was great
Cons: no bonuses
Co-workers were great to work with. The job was challeging at times, which kept me on my toes. Learnt something new everyday.
Great company but lacking knowledge in the Oil & Gas Industry
Store Manager (Former Employee), Swift Current, Sask.August 27, 2015
Pros: Great retirement package and benefits
Cons: Being acknowledged as basically a number rather than a person
Day to day operations with a lot of webex meetings and a lack of focus on the business and industry. I learned that a large company needs to work with the field staff - who have a better perspective on the market place in their area and a better understanding of customer needs. I found that in a huge company there is more focus on numbers than on strategy on how to achieve greater numbers. Management performance was almost inexistent and only contacted you when they needed an update on financials. I had a great team of co-workers who went above and beyond to help build our success. The hardest part of the job was to watch a new company come and take over and dismantle everything and everyone who made our previous company a success. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and meeting new people and building a successful business.
A nice work place
Wellhead Engineer/ESD Lead Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
A great company and nice work place,
co-workers are friendly.
learned a lot from the team.
educational assistance program
Field Engineer - Bently Nevada
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 21, 2014
Pros: vehicle selection, management-style, travel
Cons: low base-pay, 3-4 months of inactivity, no culture
Bently Nevada offers a very relaxed work environment with almost no penalties for compromising safety or quality. On the flip side, there are virtually no goals other than show up and complete each project.

Company vehicles range from luxury sedans to pickup trucks, offering a variety of choices for personal use. Management is relaxed -I only spoke with him once or twice a year.

Expect to work only 8 months of the year and for 60-80hr/week on average. This overtime is necessary because the salaries are pretty low, even in oil-rich territories, making it perfect for new grads or 25-35 singletons. A bigger downside is the lack of enthusiasm and togetherness. Its hard to believe that anyone enjoys the workplace by the complacent attitudes seen across the business.

Overall, 8/10. The job security being the crown jewel of this opportunity.
Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), AfricaJuly 10, 2013
Pros: good friends
Cons: alot of travel
Great place to work, I got to do a lot of travel and meet new friends