GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: education on fitness
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
High volume call center environment, family oriented company that provided outstanding customer service to clients. Working closley with onsite pathologist to ensure patients results where turned around within standard service.

I enjoyed working with my team because we all worked together the hardest part of the job was learning the terminology of – more... test performed. I enjoyed the fast pace of the job and learning about cancer. – less
Good place to Work
Validation & Test Engineer (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WISeptember 5, 2013
Had a great time to work with such huge organisation, and the management want so polite towards the employee.
"Knowledgable and Great Learning"
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good place and nice leaders to work with.
Cons: not transparent
My first corporate job.

Typically the day used to be packed with a time devoted mainly for sourcing profiles, coordination for interviews, vendor payments and candidate management and attending trainings related to recruiting/ sourcing techniques.

I learned a lot about the corporate process of recruitment. The headcount approvals, process and policies – more... normally involved in recruiting/ interviewing a candidate.

Management is very helpful and open to give appreciations and guide the new comers to the system.

Coworkers are a great zeal of energy. Since ours was a very young team, we used to have fun at work (after office hours or when free time)

Hardest part of job was nothing

Enjoyable part of job was everything. Internal customers were really helpful and fast when it came to closing a position and helpful in short notice interviews if the panels are not available. – less
great place for internship
Mechanical Engineer Co-Op (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2013
Pros: ground-breaking technology, great resources, intelligent co-workers and managers, great management
Cons: low recognition, small room for advancement if you don't fit their "culture"
GEHC allowed me to to gain professional experience in a high paced environment while working on ground-breaking technology.
productive and fun place to work with ping pong table
QC & QA (Current Employee), Westborough, MAAugust 20, 2013
start work at 2:15pm - 10:30pm nice co-workers learned alot
Asst. Manger
Asst manager (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 10, 2013
- Provided suggestions for manufacturing automobile and other components for mass production to meet the required quantity and quality within the budget allocated.
- Played a key role in designing:
 Machine tool and all the necessary accessories, which include selection of tools & cutting parameters, Gear box, Spindles, Bearings, Fixture, Hydraulics, – more... Coolant System, Pneumatics System, Guards, etc.
 New concepts make assemble drawings, check part drawings and guided a team of subordinates.
 Multi-spindle head for drilling, tapping and boring operations (using Gear train). Calculating spindle rigidity and life, ball-screw axis rigidity, Deflections of structure, Design of tool holders and materials.
- Functioned as an in-charge of a product “Ecogrind” –Six axis tool and cutter grinding machine. – less
Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis IndianaAugust 8, 2013
Pros: strong talent throughout the organization to work with and learn from
Cons: work/life balance can be a challenge
Overall great place to work and gain experience, however because it's so large sometimes it was difficult to work through some of their processes.
Company that is known to develop great leaders
Global Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chalfont & Latimer, UKAugust 5, 2013
Too large and therefore strategic decisions take too long to be implemented
productive and fun workspace
Sr. Net Developer (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIAugust 2, 2013
productive and fun workspace.It was nice experience to work with this company..
Worked on Simultaneous PET/MR scanner
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJuly 28, 2013
Worked on Patient Handling positional accuracy Firmware.
Biomedical Technician I (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEJuly 26, 2013
Pros: flexibility, advancement, benefits
Great management team and plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Good company to work.
Power Electronics Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 25, 2013
I learned a lot in GE Healthcare.Particularly how do you engage with your work,professional life and personal life.Learned a lot on project management skills and leadership skills.
A nightmare !!
Service Program Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 23, 2013
Pros: if you want to get divorced this will be the place to be. no balance between work and personal life.
Cons: if you can work 24/7 they will appreciate you. education does not mean a thing it's who you know.
No personal life at ALL and that is expected of you. I would have to answer and resolve issues any time on the day even on weekends.
Don't belive the hype, this brand name company is running a swet shop.
A day in the life
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), KentJuly 22, 2013
Pros: lunch allowance, overtime
Cons: limited access to equipment
I am responsible for managing my own workload from booking visits with customers, to processing paperwork.

Co-workers are really nice people, makes the job easier as we get together on large servicing and installation projects.

Training is in depth and prepares you for life in the field, along with having support from other engineers.

Enjoy managing – more... my own timetable and solving the problems that happen on the equipment.

Servicing work is sometimes lengthy and repetitive. – less
Copy Center Clerk
Copy Center Clerk (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 20, 2013
Organized documents within Legal Department.
JPS Books
Photo Graphic Imaging,
Copying and binding of documents
Growing global company focused on quality, growth and process
Corporate Manager, Global Leadership Development (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIJuly 16, 2013
Great company to learn and build key foundational skills. Excellent team environment, and where development is valued.
Productive and structured workplace
R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Northampton, MAJuly 15, 2013
GE Healthcare employs quality personnel and always strive to create the best products out there.
chaos
Program Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, OHJuly 10, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: no work life balance, terrible work environment
worked at GE healthcare in Aurora, it is an out of control place to work with terrible management. The company was acquired by GE and when it was most of the knowledge base left leaving GE managers to run it. This turns out to be a recipe for disaster - severely understaffed and over worked with the "leadership" team being mostly out of touch with reality. – more... The HR Manager is out of touch. She is hardly ever there and when she is she doesn't take any time to understand the problems. One of the senior leadership team is a GE veteran, who is old school and believes your life is GE. Wow - not the right place to be if you want to have a life too. Most people there are not happy and appear stressed although they are compensated nicely. Just goes to show you money isn't everything in a career. – less
Good place to work but can improve on employee treatment
Machine Operator/production (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSJuly 5, 2013
Pros: a range of benefits from shopping to healthcare
Cons: like to lay off
Arrive ten minutes early for stretching exercises and to find out where you are working. Go to your station complete checks, carry out QC tests. Continue to produce product. On completion ship parts to customer
Mount Sinai Clinical Engineering Management Program is very stressful but it brings learning experience to a whole new level.
Senior Program Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2013
On a typical day, I have to run my productivity reports and analyze open issues that will eventually effect patient quality care as well as compliance.
Key line items to look for includes but not limited to:
- Open PMs
- FMIs with deadline approaching soon
- Recalls
- Open demand cases older than 3 days
- Parts reports. Demand / Delivery

Also - at – more... Mount Sinai Medical Center - I represent GE Healthcare during audits, formal and informal inspections. All findings has to be acknowledged and corrective actions has to be in place within well defined timeline.

I work closely with my customers as a consultant with one goal in mind. "Better assets management for higher level of utilization" via lean implementation for process improvement, investing in capital equipment purchase for long term return, and improve the technology infrastructure for faster, safer, more reliable and more productive world-class healthcare organization.

I work with project management teams to track special project assignments and make sure deadline targets are met within allocated budget.

We are the team of six individuals - three managers and three admins - representing GE at Mount Sinai Medical Center. – less

About GE Healthcare

What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" – Read more