GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work/Life Balance and Job Security rank pretty high; Compensation is reasonable.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: you get to meet a lot of great people and make friends. benefits are good.
Cons: not always the case but in my experience, you may have to look outside the company to advance.
I enjoy the work culture and the relationships I've fostered over the years with both coworkers and customers. Management can be unstable; you get to have the same manager maybe 2 years max and then there is another reorganization of territories.
Fast paced environment that embraces change
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 13, 2014
There really isn't such a thing as a "typical" day of work. That's what keeps the job interesting.

One day you're installing an ultrasound system and the next day you're troubleshooting a x-ray system that was manufactured before you began your career, possibly by another manufacturer.

Dealing with the challenges of troubleshooting other manufacturer's – more... systems often combines the most rewarding and the least desirable traits of being a GE Healthcare field engineer. Resolving problems and satisfying customers is enjoyable. However, there is limited support available when you are working on other manufacturer's equipment.

Fortunately, I worked with team that included several engineers who had decades of experience and I was able to reach out to them when I needed help.

The summary states that GE Healthcare embraces change. I was hired and originally trained to work the x-ray modality. 10+ years and having been trained to take first call on three other modalities later, I can absolutely say that change is a part of the culture at GE Healthcare. – less
Love working with apps.
Application Specialist CV/Ultrasound (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMarch 10, 2014
I love working for a Global company that's known around the world.
It is OK place to work. People are friendly.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 6, 2014
It is OK place to work.
A little bit more planning would be nice.
IT support is very weak.
Busy and fast paced
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: on site cafe
Cons: acquisition
Excellent company and pay room for advancement. Staff friendly, management friendly. The hardest part was the acquistion.
Challenging
Sterility Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Gloucester, ENGMarch 3, 2014
Planning schedule for requalification / validation of equipment.

Writing and execution of validation documentation.
Great People
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: team building events, alot of people trying to cure cancer.
Cons: benefits
Great Place to work, benefit - rather not comment. I love what I do, I love my teams and wish the economy wasn't so tough in the medical field for sales. We have a great product and am very proud to be a part of it.

I'm looking for a part time clerical position - a couple evenings a week and possibly Saturday mornings.

I have years of experience, – more... a hard worker with a great work ethic. – less
Competitive business with great pay and little job security
Global Inventory Leader (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: pay, flexibility to telecommute
Cons: hours, stress, corporate culture, job security
I have worked for GE for a little over a year and at this point, in my time here, we have had two RIF's (reduction in forces), this is in a 6 month period. The business is filled with the best and brightest people at what they do, but the culture is ultra competitive and causes for tense, almost combative work conditions sometimes. The experience of – more... GE is second to none. You will be forced to do more than you ever thought you could and will be better, albeit more stressed, in doing it. The leadership is firm and driven, and will make you better at what you do but will not hold your hand. They have a sink or swim mentality and will force you to swim if you wish to succeed.

All in all, did I love everything about GE no, but it is a good place to work! GE is a place to learn and be the best. If you can handle the competition and work, you will be paid more than fairly and may even like your job. – less
Really enjoy what I work on
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2014
Getting to work on life changing equipment is awesome.... there are some things that could use some improvement, but at the end of the day working on something that can help change somebody's life more than makes up for it.
Good team and pleasure to work with
Support Specialist (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2014
Temporary role and everyone was committed to integrating me into role and supporting me in this position. In turn I was able to get trained and contributing in a very short period of time.
Get Learning experience with balanced professional and personal life
Siebel EAI Tech Lead (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APFebruary 12, 2014
1. Learned to lead a project end to end
2. Had great learning experience from my seniors
3. Co-workers were very helpful and supportive
4. Hardest part of project were the technical challenges that we had during the course of project execution.
5. Enjoyable part to conquor the technical challenges.
Excellent company
Verification Test Engineer (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIFebruary 11, 2014
Excellent company due to training, quality control, professional and strong team work.
Good place to work and grow
Calibration Technician/Contractor (Former Employee), Warrensville Heights, OHFebruary 11, 2014
GE is a company that continues to make improvements using new technologies.
There are lot of well talented employes there to learn and grow with as a team.
Good company with joy filled people to work around
sourcing consultant (Current Employee), bangaloreFebruary 10, 2014
GE is a very good company to work on the health care domain.
Its joy to work with talented and hard working people.
not preferable for starters. salary benefits is OK.
One of the largest corporations in the world. Great people.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIFebruary 10, 2014
Robert Rohde
Summary
Assembly Line Worker with 34 years in a large scale manufacturing environment. Safety-conscious with a strong
attention to detail.
Knowledgeable Production Associate Machine Operator with positive attitude and a commitment to safety, quality,
customer service and lean manufacturing. Talented Machine Operator with solid work history – more... and proven ability to
perform well in a team and individually. skilled in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams and drawings.
Highlights
Interpretation of blueprints, wiring diagrams and
drawings
Safety-oriented
Proficient multi-tasker
Accomplishments
Problem Diagnosis
Used operational knowledge of systems, parts and components to solve problems that arose during assembly.
Machine Operation
Entered operating instructions into computers to start and adjust welding machines.
Contributed to an annual 5+% increase in productivity through improvements in operations, quality, safety and
administration.
Experience
Production Associate
August 1979 to August 2014
GE Healthcare - Milwaukee/Waukesha, WI
Actively suggested operational improvements to enhance quality, improve production times and reduce costs. Changed
equipment over to new product. Consulted welding chart specifications to select appropriate type and thickness of
metal. Examined weld for bead size and other specifications. Maintained proper stock levels on a line. Started machine
operations by inserting control instructions into control units. Ensured the most cost-effective production methods were
employed. Inspected finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications. Planned and laid out work to
meet production and schedule requirements. Adhered to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health,
safety and environmental compliance. Reviewed the performance of subordinates. Set up and operated production
equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
Education
High School Diploma : General, 1978
Whitnall High School - Greenfield, WI, USA
Coursework in Civil Engineering, Accounting, Machining, Maintenance at W.C.T.C and M.A.T.C.
: – less
Good To Learn New Technology
Project Lead (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WisconsinFebruary 3, 2014
Worked on 11g/10g Databases DB work it includes both the Build and Production Support.
Friendly work environment with flexible work hours
Biomedical Technician Intern (Former Employee), Brandon, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
A typical work day consisted of completing any Work in Progress reports, PMs, and any repair requests throughout the day. E-Learning courses also had to be completed periodically. I learned many PM procedures, troubleshooting techniques, and safety procedures. Co-workers were very kind and respectful. They were very informative and knowledgeable. The – more... hardest part of the job was searching for missing medical equipment in order to meet compliance goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the various equipment used in the medical field. – less
Very exciting technology to work with, culture leaves something to be desired
CT Systems Verification Engineer (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJanuary 30, 2014
Working with CT machines everyday is very challenging and exciting work, learned a lot in a short amount of time. Complex challenges and long hours including weekends can be expected, not much work life balance. Management is mostly good- pushing you through your own limitations but can sometimes be heavy handed.
Great Opportunities and Excellent Management
Account Manager/ Senior Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Extremely competitive work environment. GE only hires the best...
great management, flexible scheduling
Clinical Sales Specialist - SE Zone US (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 25, 2014
learned the sales business through working at GE
management strong and good communicators
co-workers dedicated and professional
enjoyed getting in front of key customers at many different sites
disliked some of the difficulty getting things done through legal dept

About GE Healthcare

What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" – Read more