GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GE Healthcare
X-ray service Engineer (Former Employee), Goffstown, NHApril 9, 2014
Pros: wages, car
Cons: stress, metrics based on numbers instead of customer satisfaction.
17 years of servicing all manufactory x-ray equipment. Multi-Vendor Leader 17 years and 3 years X-ray Leader during the integration period.(Merging core and MV engineers) Fully trained on all GE x-ray.
Provide service as requested by the customers. Schedule and perform preventative Maintenance on X-ray, Mammographic and non-GE equipment.
I learned that – more... the changes in Healthcare caused me to loose my job. My experience and wages were commensurate to my level of tenure/ seniority. Workforce reductions are never easy.
My co-workers mostly were helpful, attentive. Most were very trainable. Some became good friends.
Most difficult part of the job for me was trying to be two places at once, partly because of geography. Mostly because I repaired non-GE equipment.
Most enjoyable part was interacting with my Customers. Advocating for them and keeping their level of satisfaction at a very high level. – less
Expect to be laid off after a year and a half.
Salaried Production (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 8, 2014
Cons: work nights and weekends and still get laid off.
If you aren't an Engineer and you have a salaried position you will be laid off once you have been there a year and a half.
Great Culture, Great People
Project Management Administrator (Current Employee), New Berlin, WIApril 6, 2014
Working as a contractor for GE Healthcare brings an all around balanced environment in professional and private life. Communications between all teams are top notch, technology and training data are available at my request. I am treated as one of their own.

I love the interactions with customers globally, giving them the information they need to procure – more... their software and remain in software compliance. Courtesy and professionalism are a daily occurrence. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Verification Engineer (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILApril 1, 2014
Learned new things and the co-workers are so cool and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting new projects and teamwork processes, and performance outcomes.
Unstable
Laser Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), home officeMarch 23, 2014
Pros: well compensated
Cons: to layered to to make timely business decisions
Business decisions made by those unfamiliar with those actually doing the work.
n/a
System Engineer (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIMarch 22, 2014
system safety investigation. research document composition
Great work environment
L1 INSITE ANALYST / MEDICAL DEVICE HELP DESK (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMarch 22, 2014
Pros: unix commands and networking
Opportunity to learn and grow
Great teamwork
Great training
Wonderful Educational opportunity
Clinical Education Specialist (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMarch 21, 2014
Pros: travel benefits and respected by customers as another rn.
Cons: diffcult work-life balance. increased travel last 2 yrs.
I was able to get out of the bedside in the ICU and work autonomously with customers and provide education to fellow nurses. We spent most times organizing and planning education with schedules 6 weeks out.

I had the opportunity to learn from each manager I had followed.

All my coworkers had special gifts including most knowledge of products to how – more... to handle difficult accounts. Other great learning was continuous support from Project Management, Sales, and Field Service Teams during training and (go-live). – less
supportive environment
National Dealer Executive (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: secure place for women
Cons: long hours but flexible timings
*good environment to work
*learnt many things here like motivation, enjoying the work, patience
*wonderful management, fantastic leaders
*good collegues
*work with team
Fun workplace with great people around
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: old technology
The company mostly works on same kind of technology. Being in a regulated environment, the flexibility to use new technology and open source frameworks is limited.
Productive workplace , and great place to work
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City , UtahMarch 18, 2014
I like working for GE Healthcare , i was said when i had to quit , due to relocation to Sacramento, California .
Good Company to work for
Accounts administrator (Current Employee), yeovilMarch 17, 2014
My job here has many layers predominantly in accounts with PA, HR & customer service functions thrown into the mix
I am supposed to put down here what a typical day was, but this is a thing of myth there is no such thing as a typical day
The hardest part of this job was training someone in Amersham (new operational site) how to do my job.
Work/Life Balance and Job Security rank pretty high; Compensation is reasonable.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: you get to meet a lot of great people and make friends. benefits are good.
Cons: not always the case but in my experience, you may have to look outside the company to advance.
I enjoy the work culture and the relationships I've fostered over the years with both coworkers and customers. Management can be unstable; you get to have the same manager maybe 2 years max and then there is another reorganization of territories.
Fast paced environment that embraces change
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 13, 2014
There really isn't such a thing as a "typical" day of work. That's what keeps the job interesting.

One day you're installing an ultrasound system and the next day you're troubleshooting a x-ray system that was manufactured before you began your career, possibly by another manufacturer.

Dealing with the challenges of troubleshooting other manufacturer's – more... systems often combines the most rewarding and the least desirable traits of being a GE Healthcare field engineer. Resolving problems and satisfying customers is enjoyable. However, there is limited support available when you are working on other manufacturer's equipment.

Fortunately, I worked with team that included several engineers who had decades of experience and I was able to reach out to them when I needed help.

The summary states that GE Healthcare embraces change. I was hired and originally trained to work the x-ray modality. 10+ years and having been trained to take first call on three other modalities later, I can absolutely say that change is a part of the culture at GE Healthcare. – less
Love working with apps.
Application Specialist CV/Ultrasound (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMarch 10, 2014
I love working for a Global company that's known around the world.
It is OK place to work. People are friendly.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 6, 2014
It is OK place to work.
A little bit more planning would be nice.
IT support is very weak.
Busy and fast paced
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: on site cafe
Cons: acquisition
Excellent company and pay room for advancement. Staff friendly, management friendly. The hardest part was the acquistion.
Challenging
Sterility Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Gloucester, ENGMarch 3, 2014
Planning schedule for requalification / validation of equipment.

Writing and execution of validation documentation.
Great People
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: team building events, alot of people trying to cure cancer.
Cons: benefits
Great Place to work, benefit - rather not comment. I love what I do, I love my teams and wish the economy wasn't so tough in the medical field for sales. We have a great product and am very proud to be a part of it.

I'm looking for a part time clerical position - a couple evenings a week and possibly Saturday mornings.

I have years of experience, – more... a hard worker with a great work ethic. – less
Competitive business with great pay and little job security
Global Inventory Leader (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: pay, flexibility to telecommute
Cons: hours, stress, corporate culture, job security
I have worked for GE for a little over a year and at this point, in my time here, we have had two RIF's (reduction in forces), this is in a 6 month period. The business is filled with the best and brightest people at what they do, but the culture is ultra competitive and causes for tense, almost combative work conditions sometimes. The experience of – more... GE is second to none. You will be forced to do more than you ever thought you could and will be better, albeit more stressed, in doing it. The leadership is firm and driven, and will make you better at what you do but will not hold your hand. They have a sink or swim mentality and will force you to swim if you wish to succeed.

All in all, did I love everything about GE no, but it is a good place to work! GE is a place to learn and be the best. If you can handle the competition and work, you will be paid more than fairly and may even like your job. – less

About GE Healthcare

What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" – Read more