GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
team work office with productive power
Diagnostic Imaging Account Manager (Former Employee), Baghdad, IraqJuly 9, 2014
always ask to learn, be ready to teach
hardest part of job customer meetings and office work coordination
most enjoyable part, contribute to company goals and achieve customer satisfaction
Good company
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2014
Good company with good benifits. Self scheduling and customers.
Must prioritize customer calls.
Great Place to work, excellent staff training programs
Application Integration and workflow specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2013
Pros: good employer, great training
Cons: ge buys and sells companies frequently
I worked remotely from a home office.
GE kept us abreast of industry trends, new standards through excellent on-line training system.
Management was good, reviews were regular and fair, chances for advancement were excellent
My co-workers were dedicated and diligent
Watching the company close down
My co-worker and client interactions were the most enjoyable – more... part of my work. – less
Very Exciting
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2013
GE - was a great learning experience.

Opportunity to expand skills and leverage previous experiences.
Great company
Associate (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 28, 2013
worked for 1 year only. Learnt a lot about ERP and implementation
n/a
Process Operator (Former Employee), Cork, CDecember 4, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great benfits, great place to work
12 hour shifts, great time off. Very busy. good demand of product, plenty of overime
Exciting
Quality Control - Technician (Redundancy) (Former Employee), Amersham, ENGJuly 25, 2014
Brilliant company to work for, gave me an insite to working with Radiopharmaceutics.
Testing radioactive samples within target time in order to meet customer demands while working alongside other departments.
Learning new transferable skills such as Trackwise and Change Control.
Decent Company
System Administrator / Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: collaboration
Cons: sometimes, lack of direction.
Its like any large company...red tape at times. However, the people are what make it worth it. Good collaboration efforts from teams and people genuinely want to help.
Great company but too short term focused.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: above average compensation and benefits.
Cons: poor job security especially if you have many years of service....
I owe much to GE Healthcare. To me this company has brought me many blessings. Unfortunately many of my peers have been laid off over the past 6 years. I have seen employees hired one quarter only to be laid off the next. This company has become too Wall Street driven without much to show from it in stock price. We need to get back to good old fashioned – more... long range planning and stick to the plan. – less
Very good company at which to work.
Senior Industrial Engineer/Lean Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, MEJuly 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, managers and co-workers
A typical day at GE Healthcare was very busy. As Lean Manager I was afforded the full opportunity to apply my knowledge and see the results which each lean project had to the bottom line. I enjoyed training and mentoring my co-workers in lean implementation and problem solving. I was also given the opportunity to assist in relocating the plant to Cardiff, – more... Whales and help get the new facility up and operating.
I would still be at GE Healthcare if it had remained in the USA or if there had been an opportunity in the USA for my skills. – less
Lacked communication, but great flexibility.
CSR II - Supervisor (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work included receiving phone calls from customers in the early morning, and creating dispatches for service. After and hour of that I would begin my management role of call managing (contacting field engineers and following up on service calls), answering questions, and possibly taking calls when necessary.

Management was very poor – more... in that they lacked communication. Communication is difficult outside of email in a call center setting, but they did not manage to find a way to properly communicate what was going on/changes, etc.

When I first started, co-workers would talk: share about their nights, their weekends, their families - up until recently when the call center took on many more agents. Now hardly anyone talks, and if they do it's a "clique."

The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing satisfied customers, being able to help resolve their problems, as well as being able to assist field engineers with accepting calls and contacting customers in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job was getting cranky customers. – less
Great Atmosphere among co-workers
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, fun company activities
Cons: managment
GE is a great to place work. The talent pool is incredible and the people you work with on a daily basis makes the days go by smoother.
Same thing different day
Quote Specialist- Monitoring Systems (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2014
Pros: steady work, work from home available
Cons: no interaction with people and cubilce work all day everyday
create/process contracts for sales team on equipment orders for major accounts, completed change requests and refreshed expired contracts/quotes.
Excellent
Senior Unified Communication Engineer (Former Employee), Barrington, ILJune 23, 2014
Pros: challenge
Excellent work environment. Challenging and rewarding. Customer centric
Applications Specialist
Senior Applications Specialist, Team Leader (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIJune 16, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: too much travel.
Perform product demonstrations, and train customers on newly purchased systems. Maintain install base in New England. Work with product development team on new product introductions.
Work with commercial marketing team to promote new product launches.
Good company with good values
Edison Engineering Rotational Program (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 11, 2014
Completing four technical, business-critical rotations across various engineering teams at GE Healthcare.
Hardworking and safe place to work
Assistant Manager / Warehouse (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 10, 2014
Good management, each day enjoyable to work, good teamwork
Meaningful subject matter with typical large company patterns.
Software Verification & Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 7, 2014
GE Healthcare is doing great work with life support machines, but they focus testing with contractors and international sites.
Service and customer oriented company with strong leadership training
Commercial Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: strong leadership programs
Cons: very frequent reorganization and changes in strategies
GE Healthcare is extremely focused on having a significant impacted in the field of healthcare/patient health. This is frequently communicated to the employees. When working for GE Healthcare, you're in an environment where there is a huge focus on compliance in all areas of the business. They have a very strong leadership training program, which includes – more... a variety of workshops for different levels of management. GE Healthcare offers a reasonable flexible working program, to support their efforts to create a strong work-life balance for their employees. This includes an option to work from home once or twice a week. However, the expectation seems to be that you're available to respond to business needs after your core work hours. – less
Great place to groom
Lead Program Integrator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2014
Pros: work life balance, leadership training, global teams
Cons: limited financial growth, no bonuses, no stock options
GE is one of the best companies to begin a Career and learn skills which can be scaled in any industry. The quality system and the process oriented work mentored me to think systematically and from the perspective of a Regulatory Audit. Great place to venture and try your leadership, managing, mentoring and influencing skills with perfect courses and – more... mentors. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Healthcare

What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" – Read more