GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2014
Good company with good benifits. Self scheduling and customers.
Must prioritize customer calls.
Very Exciting
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2013
GE - was a great learning experience.

Opportunity to expand skills and leverage previous experiences.
n/a
Process Operator (Former Employee), Cork, CDecember 4, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great benfits, great place to work
12 hour shifts, great time off. Very busy. good demand of product, plenty of overime
Great company for career development!
Program Manager (Current Employee), Waukesha, WISeptember 25, 2014
Pros: pockets of bureaucracy still exist
Cons: heavily relies on established processes and at times change is slow
You learn a lot at GE. Even though its so big, it really operates as several thousand small companies.
Opportunities are endless - one can either grow vertically in one organization or keep moving every couple years to gain a breadth of experience - so its really up to the individual on how to grow his/her career.
Managers provide great support in advancing – more... or moving the employee to another area of the business with the help of Session C reviews at the end of a fiscal year. – less
result driving, great team, successful and very enjoable work!!!
Sales Operations Director (Current Employee), Москва,September 25, 2014
Pros: contributions to global decision making, possibility to touch market and infkuence, great compensation.
Cons: nothing
Working days up to 14 hours per day.
Great team work!!! Very positive culture and huge drive for result and success!
Work in GE gave me more education than MBA study!
Working in cross cultural and cross functional environment.
The most enjoable - Q4 peaks, we have to execute 70% of revenue, so great challenge and fun for the whole team!!!
GE Management – more... - professional, coachers, role models.
Very high appreciation from my side! – less
Not bad if you don't mind stagnation
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: security, salary
Cons: upward mobility, forced sales for non-sales roles
GE Healthcare was a great place to work, but if you are interested in management roles you need to be hired in at a management role. I was very satisfied with my role as a Field Engineer but was consistently looking to get back into management as I love working with the employees and being able to coach and mentor. During my 4 years at GE Healthcare – more... the only management role changes took place at VP level and above and there was usually 3-5 changes per month. A lot of Chiefs in GE Healthcare. Mid-level management goes no where unless they take lateral moves which most refuse so there are very few (very, very few) openings into management from a technical role. – less
Great experience, tough ride
Senior Consultant/Facilitator (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01September 16, 2014
It was a school where you get to work with the best from around the world
Good work environment with learning curvature
Onsite designer/Business Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2014
Good place to work, lots of new opportunities and employee satisfaction
Inspiring and challenging team and profile to work within
Reliability Lead, Senior Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 8, 2014
Great Team, Great work practices, Cross-functional team activity, with good scope for Reliability trending and improvement, Data Mining for day-to-day analysis of the system functioning, Support and suggest for NPIs, Complaint Handling, Field Actions etc.
Business Analyst on IdM team
Business Analyst (Former Employee), WisconsinSeptember 5, 2014
Exciting and demanding challenging role on excellent team that over achieved and handled adversity professionally and maturely.

Transitioned from waterfall to agile and reached summit after two years of practicing agile methodology.
Friendly Colleague, Great Mentors, Long term projects
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Waukesha, WISeptember 4, 2014
Pros: listed above
It is a great campus, You can walk for nearly 2 miles trail inside. Superb mentors, Friendly colleague, Have Gym, Community day, social service, lot of fun events, Summer games etc...Also the awesome work culture and all the latest technologies towards healthcare.
challenging and fun filled environment
Senior Executive (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: concessional lunch & dinner
Good work environment where one can enhance their skills through various opportunities of challenges.
N/A
Bio-Medical Equipment Technician II (Former Employee), Mexia, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: fun company to work for
Cons: some management not worth having
Repair Medical Equipment as needed and PM's got to learn about a verity of medical devices from IV pumps to patient monitors to telemetry, balloon pumps, vents and heart lung machines. Co-workers were willing to help out on hard problems with equipment. The last management team that I had would not take up for the employees at all.
Courier Supervisor (Former Employee), West Melbourne, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: have to work weekends
Fast passed job, with a great work environment.All the overtime you want. Down side is you have to work weekends and holidays.
Very good work culture
Sales Manager, Government Business and PPP (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: training, work environment, focus on customer service
Cons: too many silos, collaboration among different functions
GE provides ample opportunity for professional growth and the work environment is very positive. GE provides excellent training and ensures that its employees are very knowledgeable. I thouroughly enjoyed working with GE.
Exciting
Quality Control - Technician (Redundancy) (Former Employee), Amersham, ENGJuly 25, 2014
Brilliant company to work for, gave me an insite to working with Radiopharmaceutics.
Testing radioactive samples within target time in order to meet customer demands while working alongside other departments.
Learning new transferable skills such as Trackwise and Change Control.
Decent Company
System Administrator / Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: collaboration
Cons: sometimes, lack of direction.
Its like any large company...red tape at times. However, the people are what make it worth it. Good collaboration efforts from teams and people genuinely want to help.
Great company but too short term focused.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: above average compensation and benefits.
Cons: poor job security especially if you have many years of service....
I owe much to GE Healthcare. To me this company has brought me many blessings. Unfortunately many of my peers have been laid off over the past 6 years. I have seen employees hired one quarter only to be laid off the next. This company has become too Wall Street driven without much to show from it in stock price. We need to get back to good old fashioned – more... long range planning and stick to the plan. – less
Very good company at which to work.
Senior Industrial Engineer/Lean Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, MEJuly 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, managers and co-workers
A typical day at GE Healthcare was very busy. As Lean Manager I was afforded the full opportunity to apply my knowledge and see the results which each lean project had to the bottom line. I enjoyed training and mentoring my co-workers in lean implementation and problem solving. I was also given the opportunity to assist in relocating the plant to Cardiff, – more... Whales and help get the new facility up and operating.
I would still be at GE Healthcare if it had remained in the USA or if there had been an opportunity in the USA for my skills. – less
Lacked communication, but great flexibility.
CSR II - Supervisor (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at work included receiving phone calls from customers in the early morning, and creating dispatches for service. After and hour of that I would begin my management role of call managing (contacting field engineers and following up on service calls), answering questions, and possibly taking calls when necessary.

Management was very poor – more... in that they lacked communication. Communication is difficult outside of email in a call center setting, but they did not manage to find a way to properly communicate what was going on/changes, etc.

When I first started, co-workers would talk: share about their nights, their weekends, their families - up until recently when the call center took on many more agents. Now hardly anyone talks, and if they do it's a "clique."

The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing satisfied customers, being able to help resolve their problems, as well as being able to assist field engineers with accepting calls and contacting customers in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job was getting cranky customers. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Healthcare

What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" – Read more